Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2247 2248 [2249] 2250 2251 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750641 times)

Middlesex

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #33720 on: April 01, 2023, 11:29:17 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33721 on: April 01, 2023, 12:30:56 PM »

from across the seas;

"the guy is a Democrat that's indicted him", Ms ..... told Sky News Australia.

"This also makes a complete mockery of not only the US legal system but their political system as well.

It is, quite frankly, a joke."

#####

Well there you go.
So your argument is a politician should be allowed to commit crimes in any jurisdiction where the prosecuting authority is of the opposite party?

Everyone can see clearly, no degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
Why are you so jealous of Harvard folks?

You've asked that question before, and I'll answer now the same as I did then
I love Harvard folks and their degrees, and love the standard of education, intelligence, and competence to obtain them...and others similar.

Jealous?
Nah.
Harvard folks are what they are, and I am what I am.
I became a realist at an early age.
I loved the fact that ScoMo govt's Treasurer Josh had degree/s from Harvard.
I love 'excellence'...in the professionals treating me as doctors, in vets treating my dogs over the decades...the more '1st Class Honours' degrees they have the better.

Difficult things, like brain surgery, heart surgery, eye surgery, top lawyering, medical research, building and launching space ships, building passenger jets and war planes etc...you need intelligent people with degrees in excellence, 'Harvard'.
For simple things, easily understood things, you don't need degress from Harvard.
Everything is easy to understand when you do not know what you are talking about.

What's going in with the indictment is easy to understand.
Trump and Republican Leader explained it clearly.
You are an easily gaslighted gull.

Ya think.
Either you are a remarkably gullible idiot, or you are an ex pat Aussie Marxist English lit professor living in Northern Italy who has been spoofing us for 15 years by pretending to be the biggest idiot in the history of the web.

Gee, I got a promotion to English lit professor.
Cool.
Not too sure English lit professors would be impressed with my campaign to reform the English language though...starting with spelling the sailboat "yot".
Hot
Lot
Pot
Cot
Dot
Yot

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33722 on: April 01, 2023, 04:37:27 PM »

Mitch unlike most republicans can both read English and count.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33723 on: April 01, 2023, 06:51:18 PM »

Seems about correct, going by street talk interviews on Youtube.
Mind you, it's not only in America.
It could also be applied to bambuworld...where not much seems to be taught about early explorers, wars...even the sacrifices made in blood, injury, suicide, mental illness etc by veterans dead and living...Anzac Day 25th April.
"The truth will set you free".
The national flag is now 'racist'...wonder from where the kiddies got that idea.
Everything seems to be about racism, climate change, multiculturalism is king.
Teachers are leaving 'teaching' at an alarming rate.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 06:54:01 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33724 on: April 01, 2023, 07:11:17 PM »

Not in America, but...

If the Liberals (Conservatives) have learned anything from recent state and federal elections it is that they need to stand for the principles that once defined Australia
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:20:05 AM by bambu. »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33725 on: April 01, 2023, 07:51:07 PM »

Do those who want cartoon strips like Dilbert banned have an opinion on humor like this?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 08:12:14 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33726 on: April 01, 2023, 08:20:42 PM »

In much the same way people who want to see carbon emissions capped have an opinion on Florida's don't say gay law.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #33727 on: April 01, 2023, 09:51:44 PM »

Do those who want cartoon strips like Dilbert banned have an opinion on humor like this?

Dilbert was not banned it just succumbed to the vagaries of the free market.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33729 on: April 02, 2023, 12:25:46 PM »

from the global village:

skynews dot com.au

"Joe Biden 'led the charge' for trans activism with an 'absurd statement' about Transgender Americans shaping the 'nation's soul', Sky News host Rita Panahi said."

"That is the state of the culture right now, celebrities, corporates and the overwhelming majority of the media relentlessly pushing the trans activist rhetoric", Ms Panahi said.

#####

Seems to be.
Joe seems to be a bit 'lost' in his thinking re 'appropriate'.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #33730 on: April 02, 2023, 12:38:08 PM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33731 on: April 02, 2023, 01:56:22 PM »

from the global village:

skynews dot com.au

"Joe Biden 'led the charge' for trans activism with an 'absurd statement' about Transgender Americans shaping the 'nation's soul', Sky News host Rita Panahi said."

"That is the state of the culture right now, celebrities, corporates and the overwhelming majority of the media relentlessly pushing the trans activist rhetoric", Ms Panahi said.

#####

Seems to be.
Your hatred is palpable.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33732 on: April 02, 2023, 02:14:42 PM »

Here is the lead from the NY Post earlier this week regarding reporting  of the shooter in Nashville

Top executives at CBS News have banned staffers from using the word transgender when reporting on the Nashville shooter despite the fact that police have said Audrey Hale was just that and cited it as a key point in the caseThe shooter s  gender identity has not been confirmed by CBS News,network executives insisted in a Tuesday memo obtained by The Post. As such, we should avoid any mention of it as it has no known relevance to the crime. Should that change, we can and will revisit.

Over at ABC the news anchor hinted at the possible motivation of the shooter.

The state of Tennessee earlier this month passed and the governor signed a bill that banned transgender medical care for minors as well as a law that prohibited adult entertainment as well as male and female impersonators after a series of drag show controversies in that state

Similar accounts at NBC, MSNBC, Reuters, The New Republic and others wrote narratives that the transgender  community is the real victim in this tragedy.

For the record, Tennessee has not banned drag shows. The state legislature passed a measure barring drag shows in public or near children.The state likewise did not ban gender-affirming carefor minors. It passed a bill prohibiting cross sex hormones and permanently life altering surgeries for minors.

But no matter.  By Thursday the Biden White House joined the bulk of the media frenzy.
According to Press Secretary Karin Jean Pierre Our hearts go out to the trans community, as they are under attack right now.

But any such sentiments for the actual attack victims (Christian school children and their teachers) were ridiculed.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 02:18:12 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33733 on: April 02, 2023, 02:32:36 PM »

from the global village:

skynews dot com.au

#####

Seems to be.
Your hatred is palpable.

Fortunately Bambu is just a typical right winger confused and distressed about his sexuality.

Fortunately Bambu is not a typical right winger confused and distressed about his sexuality with access to firearms.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 2247 2248 [2249] 2250 2251 ... 2924