Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751248 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #33735 on: April 02, 2023, 05:23:02 PM »

Here is the lead from the NY Post earlier this week regarding reporting  of the shooter in Nashville

Top executives at CBS News have banned staffers from using the word transgender when reporting on the Nashville shooter despite the fact that police have said Audrey Hale was just that and cited it as a key point in the caseThe shooter s  gender identity has not been confirmed by CBS News,network executives insisted in a Tuesday memo obtained by The Post. As such, we should avoid any mention of it as it has no known relevance to the crime. Should that change, we can and will revisit.

Over at ABC the news anchor hinted at the possible motivation of the shooter.

The state of Tennessee earlier this month passed and the governor signed a bill that banned transgender medical care for minors as well as a law that prohibited adult entertainment as well as male and female impersonators after a series of drag show controversies in that state

Similar accounts at NBC, MSNBC, Reuters, The New Republic and others wrote narratives that the transgender  community is the real victim in this tragedy.

For the record, Tennessee has not banned drag shows. The state legislature passed a measure barring drag shows in public or near children.The state likewise did not ban gender-affirming carefor minors. It passed a bill prohibiting cross sex hormones and permanently life altering surgeries for minors.

But no matter.  By Thursday the Biden White House joined the bulk of the media frenzy.
According to Press Secretary Karin Jean Pierre Our hearts go out to the trans community, as they are under attack right now.

But any such sentiments for the actual attack victims (Christian school children and their teachers) were ridiculed.

Jeeze!

No one is more persecuted than straight white Christian men in America.
Yeah, and you guys always crying about the politics of victimization when there is no demographic that embraces victimhood more than the cohort described above.

Willow weep for me and cry me a river.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33736 on: April 02, 2023, 09:53:39 PM »

Well, bambu-ilk, of whom there are many worldwide, are totally against any sort of transitioning of gender pills, liquids, or any other drugs, surgeries, ceremonies, etc for/on minors, to turn children under 18 into a sex other than which they were born.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33737 on: April 02, 2023, 10:41:24 PM »

Well, bambu-ilk, of whom there are many worldwide, are totally against any sort of transitioning of gender pills, liquids, or any other drugs, surgeries, ceremonies, etc for/on minors, to turn children under 18 into a sex other than which they were born.
Your hatred is palpable.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33738 on: April 03, 2023, 12:52:03 AM »

Your hatred is palpable.

He needs an existential threat to his very being tories his trump support to. This is what he has got.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #33739 on: April 03, 2023, 10:37:20 AM »

Your hatred is palpable.

IIRC, you are Catholic, so you likely experience sometimes being surrounded by folk who believe as Bambu does.  It's something I commonly encounter too.  My sense is it's more fear of something not understood than hatred (though fear in some people does fester rapidly into hate).  And for some men, their impression of transitioning to trans female is shadowed by castration anxiety. 

Expect Penis Laws ahead. 

(late edit: changed male to female in last sentence, so as to make sense)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 08:44:14 PM by Oilcan »
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #33741 on: April 03, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »

---Biden administration embraces tough border measures it once rejected---

Much too late. Just retire and do not run again. Your VP was way ahead of you. "You did what!"

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33743 on: April 03, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »

---Biden administration embraces tough border measures it once rejected---

Much too late. Just retire and do not run again. Your VP was way ahead of you. "You did what!"

Why are you so in love with President Biden?

Why do you think he does not love you back?

He does, you horrid ingrate. He does.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33745 on: April 03, 2023, 05:44:13 PM »

It has long been a contention at this shebeen that the republican party and the conservative movement, which is its only animating life force - acquired a prion disease when Ronald Reagan first fed it the monkeybrains of supply-side economics and Protestant splinter theology back in the early 1980s. Prion diseases, like kuru, are progressive. The early symptoms can be as inconspicuous as a patients halting gate, or a citizens voting against his interests. The disease progresses and the high functions are eaten away until the patient is paralyzed and dies. I think, with the election of trump, the Republicans may have drifted into the terminal stage.

-Charlie Pierce
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 05:46:37 PM by facilitatorn »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33746 on: April 03, 2023, 08:16:41 PM »

Your hatred is palpable.

IIRC, you are Catholic, so you likely experience sometimes being surrounded by folk who believe as Bambu does.  It's something I commonly encounter too.  My sense is it's more fear of something not understood than hatred (though fear in some people does fester rapidly into hate).  And for some men, their impression of transitioning to trans male is shadowed by castration anxiety. 

Expect Penis Laws ahead.

Penises should be left lone, including circumcision, until they are 18 years old...at which time the owner can decide what to do with them...chop them off, or chops bits off them, or tattoo them, or pierce them, or turn them into something else.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33747 on: April 03, 2023, 08:20:53 PM »

Your hatred is palpable.

IIRC, you are Catholic, so you likely experience sometimes being surrounded by folk who believe as Bambu does.  It's something I commonly encounter too.  My sense is it's more fear of something not understood than hatred (though fear in some people does fester rapidly into hate).  And for some men, their impression of transitioning to trans male is shadowed by castration anxiety. 

Expect Penis Laws ahead.

Penises should be left lone, including circumcision, until they are 18 years old...
Antisemite.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33748 on: April 03, 2023, 08:39:37 PM »

Your hatred is palpable.

Expect Penis Laws ahead.

Penises should be left lone, including circumcision, until they are 18 years old...
Antisemite.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/circumcision

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #33749 on: April 03, 2023, 08:57:22 PM »

http://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2023/4/3/23647615/raj-chetty-housing-vouchers-cmto-seattle

For non-economists, though, this conclusion seems quite intuitive. Seattle voucher recipients got good customer service from a government agency - and just as it does nearly everywhere else, that turned out to matter a great deal.

There is a kind of brilliance in keenly grasping what is plainly true.  Thanks for sharing that, Fac.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 ... 2924