Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498673 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #34635 on: May 26, 2023, 01:16:52 AM »

Lazy and weak like the heartless core of conservative ideology.

You have nuclear.
The green dreamers here think they can run the nation, all industry, all businesses, all homes, all cars...'now', using windmills and sunshine...they can't.
Into the future they might be able to...decades from now.
Oh, and because of all the green dreaming...electricity prices are to rise another 24% from July 1st 2023.
Albo, and the new NSW state Leftist leader promised cheaper electricity...lol

You do not know what is happening in your own nation when it comes to energy.

Refining lithium would also allow Australia to tap into the Inflation Reduction Act, the Biden administration policy enacted last year. The law aims to cut into Chinas green energy dominance by offering loans or subsidies to companies in countries, like Australia, that have free trade agreements with the United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/23/business/australia-lithium-refining.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

I do, actually.
I'll come back to this lithium thing, this post, it's interesting.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #34636 on: May 26, 2023, 01:32:28 AM »

my paper today;

Charles Miranda
May 26 2023

US military 'blind spots' on Australia risk AUKUS alliance friction.

The AUKUS alliance is at risk of being exploited by other nations, a US Army colonel warns. See why:

US Defense does not "get" Australia, its culture, its geography or armed forces in "a blind spot" that threatens creating friction in the AUKUS alliance that China could exploit, a US Colonel has warned.

And America should establish a US Forces Australia headquarters here similar to what it has in Japan and South Korea to improve co-ordination against complex adversaries including China and its expanded partnership with Russia and Iran.

In a surprisingly frank assessment in a report to be released Friday, the US has vowed genuine affection for the ADF that it fights, trains and deploys with but don't get the entire ADF is smaller than a single US Marine Division.

#####

US Army Colonel Alan W. Throop...US Army War College fellow, concludes in a report released through the Australian Strategic Policy Institute. (ASPI).
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #34637 on: May 26, 2023, 01:39:12 AM »

One of the comments on the article;

"Our ADF might be small but we can always baffle our enemies with political correctness, identity politics, self loathing and bureaucracy."

Another [not bambu];

"And like it or not having nuclear ICBMs at hand seems to do the trick...as North Korea...and Russia...can attest."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:42:08 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34638 on: May 26, 2023, 09:25:14 AM »

Joe, Joe, Joe...............

Better get Michelle O ready......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #34639 on: May 26, 2023, 10:11:36 AM »

You will be sorely disappointed by this campaign.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34640 on: May 26, 2023, 10:44:14 AM »

News Item

CNN  poll released Thursday show a whopping 66% of Americans view a Biden victory in the upcoming presidential election as either a disaster" or a setback" for the United States.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:45:52 AM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34641 on: May 26, 2023, 12:28:34 PM »

It will take the help of the job killing family killing freedom killing GOP to see him get that second term.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #34642 on: May 26, 2023, 01:58:15 PM »

Two-thirds of US disapproves of Biden on economy, immigration: poll
https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/biden-slammed-by-americans-on-economy-immigration-poll/

For me it is no to Trump and no to dem fringe loonies who now seem to control sleepy Joe.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34643 on: May 26, 2023, 03:52:38 PM »

Well...the good news is the house I bought in B.C. has almost doubled in value (since Hilary almost ....ahem.....won) - and post "campaign" I can just truck it west and across the northern border.

You guys might be OK.  We'll see.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #34644 on: May 26, 2023, 04:39:04 PM »

Florida prices are also through the roof. Tampa 55+ community has more than doubled in 4 years. Rental from 450 to 1600. No fentenyl or sex trafficking. Too funny but sad people moving from Calif. in droves. No more tripping over homeless bodies. No drivers license for you senior. Lets see anti Donald but for strong borders, who do I vote for?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #34645 on: May 26, 2023, 05:01:31 PM »

Vote for yourself.  It's a fine way to protest and since there's no minimum IQ requirement for candidates the vote for you will be recorded in the annals of history.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #34646 on: May 26, 2023, 05:59:20 PM »

When Universal Studios built their theme park and movie studio in Florida they planned on making movies and television shows in Florida, Universal in Florida was planned to be a working studio. Sadly not much has been done at the studio in Florida. If I owned Universal Studios then I would make the studio in Florida active, I would be making a lot of movies and television shows in Florida if I owned Universal.

I could also build a studio out in the desert in Lancaster, California, to shoot Westerns and Bible movies, etc, if I owned Universal.

When I worked at Universal my fellow employees kept telling me to buy the studio someday, they saw something in me, and they kept telling me to buy the studio. Back then Universal was owned by the Japanese, and Lew Wasserman was our boss, I used to eat lunch with Lew Wasserman in the cafeteria, he walked up and sat at my table, he was a cool guy, and he used to teach us as we ate, he would talk about what was happening with the studio. And at that time Ron Howard was making the movie "Apollo 13" and I was able to watch them work, it was cool.

Anyhow, Florida is great, and they need to make more movies and television shows at the Universal Studios there.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34647 on: May 26, 2023, 08:39:40 PM »

Deficit deal may be done tonight.
Kevin McCarthy beats all odds.
Biden retreats to Camp David.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #34648 on: May 26, 2023, 09:34:57 PM »

Well...the good news is the house I bought in B.C. has almost doubled in value (since Hilary almost ....ahem.....won) - and post "campaign" I can just truck it west and across the northern border.

You guys might be OK.  We'll see.

Typical.

Support the fuckers who want to burn it all down then bail when shit gets thick.
Do not let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

This is my country
Land of my birth
This is my country
Grandest on Earth

I pledge thee my allegiance
America the bold
For this is my country
To have and to hold

This is my country
Land of my choice
This is my country
Hear my proud voice.

I pledge thee my allegiance
America the bold
For this is my country
To have and to hold

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #34649 on: May 26, 2023, 10:26:32 PM »

Definitely good work by McCarthy.  I'm glad he's agreed to pay back (at least some of) the debt the Republicans amassed.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 2715