Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499307 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #38955 on: January 17, 2024, 10:00:51 AM »

Oboy Di Santis brags about ignoring covid threat and not making shots and school closings mandatory in Fla. He wanted Fauci fired. Idiot!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38956 on: January 17, 2024, 10:25:15 AM »

It would be nice to see New Hampshirite keep up the trend of trump failing to garner as much proportional support from republicans in primaries as he did from all voters in the 2020 election. It highlights the two pillars of the republican brand, weakness and ugliness.

South Carolina probably puts an end to it though when republicans in that state turn their former governor into roadkill.

Haley embarrassed her state with her answer about the Civil War and slavery being somehow connected, but she could not tell how.
The idiot Trump believes he could have negotiated a deal to prevent the war.
Trump considering asking Haley to be VP, if she is smart her reply is Not in your lifetime.
Definitely not ready for prime time. You would think she would have a better way of answering that. But then, she is of the party that demonizes identifying racism rather than racism itself, and has worked to prohibit any teaching on race relations in America that does notnoffer up comforting myths to white people.

Nikki Haley Makes Jaw-Dropping Claim About Racism In America
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nikki-haley-racist-country-claim_n_65a79efee4b076abd7a9b0b0
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38957 on: January 17, 2024, 12:08:02 PM »

It would be nice to see New Hampshirite keep up the trend of trump failing to garner as much proportional support from republicans in primaries as he did from all voters in the 2020 election. It highlights the two pillars of the republican brand, weakness and ugliness.

South Carolina probably puts an end to it though when republicans in that state turn their former governor into roadkill.

Haley embarrassed her state with her answer about the Civil War and slavery being somehow connected, but she could not tell how.
Trump considering asking Haley to be VP, if she is smart her reply is Not in your lifetime.

That'd be a dumb thing for her to do.
The smart thing to do would be say yes and run with a Trump- Haley ticket, into the White House.

She has worked with him before. That she does not want to do it again should say something to you about his fitness to lead anything.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38958 on: January 17, 2024, 12:18:16 PM »

That'd be a dumb thing for her to do.
The smart thing to do would be say yes and run with a Trump- Haley ticket, into the White House.

She has worked with him before. That she does not want to do it again should say something to you about his fitness to lead anything.
There are an astonishing number of people who worked for him before and not only do not want to do so again, but are actively warning us of the Authoritarian dangers any second term would impose.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38959 on: January 17, 2024, 01:33:09 PM »

We need a swarm of movies showing how intolerably jacked up everyones life had gotten under trump and how the two unfettered years of republican control is still spilling blood and withering prospects by replacing good with meanness to this very day.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 01:56:58 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38960 on: January 17, 2024, 02:01:57 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/1/17/2217939/-Trump-demands-networks-lose-licenses-for-ignoring-his-victory-speech?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_1&pm_medium=web

It is going to be trump and Vivek. Vivek is someone trump has even less respect for than Pence and  trump thinks he can con Vivek into funding his campaign out of pocket while he diverts what he does not embezzle from traditional and non-traditional campaign sources to cover his legal fees.

I like the idea of republicans being represented by two nasty stupid billionaires trying to out cheap each other. I think it will get them to exactly where they need to go
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:19:59 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38962 on: January 17, 2024, 02:23:44 PM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #38963 on: January 17, 2024, 02:33:05 PM »

It is not even news when trump blows a racist dog whistle.

We need a swarm of movies showing how intolerably jacked up everyones life had gotten under trump...

They already made Mad Max and Waterworld, didn't they?
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #38964 on: January 17, 2024, 02:33:33 PM »

close the border idiot
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #38965 on: January 17, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »

What would you like to discuss, Luee?
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38966 on: January 17, 2024, 02:36:17 PM »

Serious question: What does a "closed border" look like?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38967 on: January 17, 2024, 02:48:55 PM »

Luee will answer you if he can find someone cheap and under the table he can get to do the work for him.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38968 on: January 17, 2024, 02:53:39 PM »

Might also ask which border but I think we all know it is not the one with mostly white people on the other side.

Of course, an actual closed border would seal off huge amounts of trade with the US s largest trading partner and be an economic disaster for the country, and especially the Southwest.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #38969 on: January 17, 2024, 03:29:22 PM »

Might also ask which border but I think we all know it is not the one with mostly white people on the other side.

Of course, an actual closed border would seal off huge amounts of trade with the US s largest trading partner and be an economic disaster for the country, and especially the Southwest.

Condoleezza Rice explained very well why we want to keep the border open, it is all about freedom and trade, if we close the border we lose freedom.

Mexico is only 100 miles away from Anaheim, these are our good Christian neighbors. We need to push to make our immigrants all legal to bring them out of the shadows and to allow them to call the police in the case of an emergency and so they will be protected by our rules and laws, and so they can join Labor Unions, etc.

And now Governor Newsom is going to give Medical Care to all people regardless of immigration status.

We also need to teach the Mexicans how to speak English, and we need to donate lots of libraries.

The Republicans who claim to have loved Reagan need to study what Reagan did in regard to Mexico, Reagan made all of our immigrants legal so they could report crimes and join unions, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 2718