Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 2798

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660464 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40980 on: May 14, 2024, 01:36:55 PM »

A friendly reminder that until the orange turd burger retires, dies or catches a life sentence, supporting republicans is directly supporting trump and everything he stands for. Some cowardly fascists are attempting to use the claim that they have not and will not directly vote for trump as a fig leaf. They like rapey lazy ignorant goons as much as the next frothy maga nut job. They deserve just as little courtesy and respect.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40981 on: May 14, 2024, 05:29:16 PM »

If Michael Cohen was the last prosecution witness what the hell is the crime?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40982 on: May 14, 2024, 05:40:14 PM »

You should try following the news sometime, or at least use Google. Falsifying business records, and it is a felony because it was in the furtherance of, or to conceal, a crime.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40983 on: May 14, 2024, 05:40:34 PM »

MAGA...Make America Great Again.
America sure seems to need restoring to its former greatness.
Look at it today...rioting protesters in numbers never seen before, taking over cities, blocking commerce and shoppers, universities in anti-semitic chaos, illegal immigrants seemingly worshipped, with billions in aid and housing for them at the expense of American veterans etc.
All detailed on Sky News and Youtube.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40984 on: May 14, 2024, 05:46:56 PM »

You should try following the news sometime, or at least use Google. Falsifying business records, and it is a felony because it was in the furtherance of, or to conceal, a crime.
Except neither was proven in the prosecution case. I guess you do not follow the news.
I do know,after serving on juries, that witnesses who are proven to be liars are huge obstacles to overcome in the jury room.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40985 on: May 14, 2024, 06:17:22 PM »

Except neither was proven in the prosecution case. I guess you do not follow the news.
I was not aware you were in attendance at the trial and heard all the evidence. Certainly evidence was presented to support the charges, which is why the case will survive a motion to dismiss at the close of evidence. What it proves is up to the people charged with deciding the issue. Not you or the few MAGA sycophants you get your opinions from.
I do know,after serving on juries, that witnesses who are proven to be liars are huge obstacles to overcome in the jury room.
Except Trump is not testifying.

And this is where my reply to your blather from yesterday becomes relevant. Prosecutors are used to having to use compromised witnesses in criminal prosecutions because that is who criminals associate with: other felons, not nuns. If you paid attention - or rather, if the fellow MAGA sycophants you get your opinions from paid attention - the prosecution spent the first two weeks of the trial laying the groundwork of supporting testimony and documents so the jury has a basis to believe Cohen independent from Cohen himself. Whether it was enough, neither of us has a clue about.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40986 on: May 14, 2024, 06:22:11 PM »

]Iwas not aware you were in attendance at the trial and heard all the evidence. Certainly evidence was presented to support the charges, which is why the case will survive a motion to dismiss at the close of evidence. What it proves is up to the people charged with deciding the issue. Not you or the few MAGA sycophants you get your opinions from.

If you say so.  But we have, in our society, daily reports from people who WERE in the courtroom.

[/quote]Except Trump is not testifying.
But Cohen did.

And this is where my reply to your blather from yesterday becomes relevant. Prosecutors are used to having to use compromised witnesses in criminal prosecutions because that is who criminals associate with: other felons, not nuns. If you paid attention - or rather, if the fellow MAGA sycophants you get your opinions from paid attention - the prosecution spent the first two weeks of the trial laying the groundwork of supporting testimony and documents so the jury has a basis to believe Cohen independent from Cohen himself. Whether it was enough, neither of us has a clue about.
Get real.  Trying the same bullshit answer twice is an admission of floundering. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:27:58 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40987 on: May 14, 2024, 06:27:10 PM »

I was not aware you were in attendance at the trial and heard all the evidence. Certainly evidence was presented to support the charges, which is why the case will survive a motion to dismiss at the close of evidence. What it proves is up to the people charged with deciding the issue. Not you or the few MAGA sycophants you get your opinions from.

If you say so.  But we have, in our society, daily reports from people who WERE in the courtroom.

But Cohen did.

Get real.  Trying the same bullshit answer twice is an admission of floundering.
No, it is a recognition that you did not comprehend it the first time.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40988 on: May 14, 2024, 06:37:40 PM »

And even the most left leaning opinions are well short of yours

But Cohen did.

No, it is a recognition that you did not comprehend it the first time.
If you say so.
Of course the bottom line question is what happens if the Jury convicts Trump?
The dems may win the battle but lose the war given the reaction of the public so far.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:40:27 PM by jmmengel »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40989 on: May 14, 2024, 07:02:35 PM »

So now Santa joe wants to start a tarrif war with China. You thought inflation was an issue before. Closer to a war over Taiwan as well. The other choice is showwing off his broken moral compass for the folks at home. We are all doomed in an octogenarian hell.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40990 on: May 14, 2024, 08:15:11 PM »

That is your decrepit body talking, Luee. Nothing is going to help you with that no matter who gets to be in charge
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40991 on: May 14, 2024, 09:18:38 PM »

Biden lies again. Today

Inflation has gone slightly up," Biden told Yahoo! Finance's Brian Sozzi. "It was at 9% when I came in. And it's now down around 3%."

The man must think voters are idiots.
Inflation was at a 1. 4 per cent when he took office.
By 2022 it was at a cumulative 9 per cent.
During his three plus years inflation has averaged  5 per cent a year, the most since Jimmy Carter.
The Biden cumulative is 18 per cent.
He will not get away with trying to lie.

Women keep track of grocery bills and gasoline prices.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40992 on: May 14, 2024, 10:54:22 PM »

Biden will give Israel what Congress agreed on.
He may be stupid but he is not crazy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40993 on: May 15, 2024, 12:29:18 AM »

Biden - is not crazy.

Making him the only candidate with that qualification running in 2024

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40994 on: May 15, 2024, 06:58:53 AM »

Santa Joe is suffering from dimentia since he does not realize the serious effects of his open door policies or a tarrif war. Just spend a lot of money and make everyone but, the vets and the poor, happy.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 2798