Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 ... 2779

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651040 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41385 on: June 07, 2024, 03:16:43 PM »

Physician, heal thyself

https://www.wsj.com/articles/notable-quotable-mitch-mcconnell-on-supreme-court-ethics-4f143aba

The wit and integrity of Red followed Larry Craig into an airport bathroom back in 2007 never to be seen or heard from again. That bathroom is now solemnly referred to as the soul of the GOP. It is the root and source of conservative values and the Christianity practiced by the political right.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41386 on: June 07, 2024, 07:08:46 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/07/nonprofit-leonard-leo-00162364

Lock him up along with everyone he has ever worked with. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41387 on: June 08, 2024, 11:19:13 AM »

What a disgrace, talking up veterans while he steals funds to give to illegal aliens.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41388 on: June 08, 2024, 02:04:24 PM »

Did you train to be a bollard or a speed bump?

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41389 on: June 08, 2024, 06:32:26 PM »

What a disgrace, talking up veterans while he steals funds to give to illegal aliens.

The world is full or trickery.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41390 on: June 08, 2024, 08:06:48 PM »

The world is full of hungry children, and at the same time we have a plethora of homeless people and refugees in need of employment and housing, so we need to put the refugees to work with the United Farm Workers to grow food to feed the hungry people, we can hire workers in Bakersfield, and in Modesto, and in Merced, etc, and Oregon can also grow food, and Montana grows Mustard now, etc. And also the refugees can go to the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, and they can work peaceful forest jobs, etc.

Pope Francis is reaching out to help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41391 on: June 08, 2024, 08:58:33 PM »

You are a sucker for Republican propaganda. You have been spouting bullshit about the VA since Obama.

Immigrants cannot access most federally funded benefits programs at all without legal status, and they do not receive any of the special assistance provided to veterans

Immigrants illegally in the country are ineligible for ANY form of federal cash assistance, such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Some states allowed them to apply for one-time COVID-19 relief money.

However, there are several federal cash aid programs for veterans. They include payments to low-income and disabled veterans, their surviving spouses and their dependent children. Congress appropriated $139 billion in 2022 for veteran financial aid programs.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41392 on: June 08, 2024, 10:16:14 PM »

You are a sucker for Republican propaganda. You have been spouting bullshit about the VA since Obama.

Immigrants cannot access most federally funded benefits programs at all without legal status, and they do not receive any of the special assistance provided to veterans

Immigrants illegally in the country are ineligible for ANY form of federal cash assistance, such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Some states allowed them to apply for one-time COVID-19 relief money.

However, there are several federal cash aid programs for veterans. They include payments to low-income and disabled veterans, their surviving spouses and their dependent children. Congress appropriated $139 billion in 2022 for veteran financial aid programs.

I find it heartening that someone with no evidence of a branch, specialization or condition of discharge like our fellow poster can take such a profound interest in the issues affecting the veterans of this nation. One would hope over time he could become better informed about the issue. His heart appears to be somewhere so that is something at least.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41393 on: June 08, 2024, 10:57:49 PM »

California just passed Proposition 1 to help the homeless Veterans and to train professionals to help the mentally ill, etc.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/politics/2024/03/02/prop-1-helps-homeless-vets

And we need to make our immigrants legal so that the immigrants can legally work, and join unions, and so they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. Many immigrants also join the Military.

Of note, many Veterans go to work helping the homeless, including helping the homeless immigrants, etc, and many of the people working at the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana are Veterans.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41394 on: June 09, 2024, 12:31:29 AM »

One thing that I noticed as I rode Greyhound buses across the USA is that the factories were all closed and boarded up, and so for a lot of people in a lot of areas then Defense is the only job provider, the citizens can join the U.S. Military, and also there are Defense jobs such as building Fighter Jets and Submarines, etc ( The Space Shuttles were built in my hometown, Lancaster, California ). So, instead of being forced to join the Military by Draft, as in War Time, many people join the Military because of Financial reasons, it is a way for them to earn money and get opportunities. Serving is a job to earn money for many, and many are from poor families and do not have any other source of income. So we need for the Government to have intentions to help even the poorest of the poor of homeless Veterans, because we have a class of people in some areas where the Military is their only opportunity.

For me, I am Color Blind, so the Military was never an option, and also I could never be a Cop because I cannot see the color of clothing and of cars, etc. But, I have a theory that Color Blind people have better night vision, and I sent my idea to the Research Department at UCI, and I have an idea for a television show about a team of Color Blind people who go in at night and save hostages, etc, the name of the show could be "Nocturnal" because the Color Blind people are better adapted to the night and operate under the cover of darkness.

But I did volunteer to go to Mexico with Youth For Christ to help the poor orphans in Mexico, etc, and people living in a garbage dump in Mexico. And I volunteered to work at a summer camp for the YMCA for 2 summers as a teen, I washed dishes, and cleaned toilets, and I was in charge of the water system, etc. And I volunteered with Kiwanis International here in Anaheim for 2 years. And I have done other things, and I have plans to do more to help people in the future. ( Maybe I can get involved helping the poor with the help of the San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines, or something, we will see. )

I respect the people who serve, and I support having good programs to take care of our Veterans, and many Vets now are from poor families and need extra help.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 12:36:12 AM by FlyingVProd »

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41395 on: June 09, 2024, 11:25:20 AM »

Palestinian scholar gains readership and recognition, thanks to Columbia Law Review board activating the Streisand Effect....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/09/columbia-law-review-rabea-eghbariah-palestine-censorship-controversy

Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41396 on: June 09, 2024, 11:40:11 AM »

Yes church groups and various national entities should provide help, should not be a burden to the American taxpayer. Sleeping in the streets while aliens are sheltered in luxury hotels.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41397 on: June 09, 2024, 12:05:49 PM »

So what is  good about Hamas?
Killing people indiscriminately?
Killing Palestinians?
Killing Arabs and Jews and Americans?
They have blood on their hands.
They have been using violence since the beginning of their movement as the only strategy, and they just crowned their violence with a genocide. So, what is not obvious about Hamas?

The son of a Hamas co-founder expressed shock and dismay at anti Israel college protesters he sees as misguided and "misinformed about the issues. 

They found an angry cause, and this is very dangerous to advocate on behalf of something they do not understand,Mosab Hassan Yousef, known as the Green Prince,told Fox News Digital in an interview.
They are not helping the situation. They are just making it worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hamas-green-prince-shocked-by-college-campus-anti-israel-protests-they-dont-understand

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41398 on: June 09, 2024, 12:41:53 PM »

Yes church groups and various national entities should provide help, should not be a burden to the American taxpayer. Sleeping in the streets while aliens are sheltered in luxury hotels.

The provision of public goods and services, the protection of its population from danger, and the maintenance of law and order are considered to be three of the most essential roles that governments play. The provision of public goods and services is the government's first and most significant important function.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41399 on: June 09, 2024, 01:02:01 PM »

So what is  good about Hamas?
Killing people indiscriminately?
Killing Palestinians?
Killing Arabs and Jews and Americans?
They have blood on their hands.
They have been using violence since the beginning of their movement as the only strategy, and they just crowned their violence with a genocide. So, what is not obvious about Hamas?

The son of a Hamas co-founder expressed shock and dismay at anti Israel college protesters he sees as misguided and "misinformed about the issues.

They found an angry cause, and this is very dangerous to advocate on behalf of something they do not understand,Mosab Hassan Yousef, known as the Green Prince,told Fox News Digital in an interview.
They are not helping the situation. They are just making it worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hamas-green-prince-shocked-by-college-campus-anti-israel-protests-they-dont-understand
95% of the protesters feel the same way about Hamas as you do. But being an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR are conflating support for Palestinians with support for Hamas, in order to silence legitimate questions about Israel's conduct.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 ... 2779