Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 2916

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740469 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42675 on: August 02, 2024, 11:20:18 AM »

So it would be ironic if Shapiro delivers Pennsylvania to the democrats while opposing part of the Party Platform.

I could not give a rats ass if its ironic. 

So much for democrat integrity.
Internal debate on issues is the sign of a healthy party. But you would not know about that since your party has degenerated into a cult of personality centered around a racist felon with no actual policies.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42676 on: August 02, 2024, 11:23:41 AM »

news flash: Democrats are allowed to disagree on policy. Because serious political party have internal policy debates.
Of course.
It is part of the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS that happenes in primaries.
The dems took that part away all the while arguing this election was to save DEMOCRACY!

That dog will not hunt.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42677 on: August 02, 2024, 11:32:51 AM »

news flash: Democrats are allowed to disagree on policy. Because serious political party have internal policy debates.
Of course.
The dems took that part away all the while arguing this election was to save DEMOCRACY!

That dog will not hunt.
Not in your political biosphere it won't. In the real world it hunts just fine, because real people are not looking to shitstorm everything Democrats do to support the campaign of a racist felon, they see the reality of Biden's voluntary withdrawal after realizing he was unlikely to win.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42678 on: August 02, 2024, 11:38:40 AM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.
Not in your political biosphere it won't. In the real world it hunts just fine,
The real world of the democrats? Eliminate the vetting of candidates in a democratic process and say you are saving democracy?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42679 on: August 02, 2024, 11:44:19 AM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.
The real world of the democrats? Eliminate the vetting of candidates in a democratic process and say you are saving democracy?
Voluntary withdrawal for the good of the Country. That is how polls show independents view Biden's voluntary withdrawal. Repo argume to that basically come down to "we really wanted to run against the old guy" are what is not hunting among anything outside of the MAGA bubble you inhabit.

Voters have 100 days to vet Harris.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42680 on: August 02, 2024, 12:00:33 PM »

If Harris doesn't seem properly vetted, then vote for this...

https://wapo.st/3SxAkvO

Does taking bribes from foreign governments fall under "official duties of office," John Roberts?

As for Shapiro, if his brand of centrist is as close as Harris is going to get to a unity ticket, then Red should be greeting him like matzo from heaven. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42681 on: August 02, 2024, 12:02:08 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.
Voluntary withdrawal for the good of the Country. That is how polls show independents view Biden's voluntary withdrawal. Repo argume to that basically come down to "we really wanted to run against the old guy" are what is not hunting among anything outside of the MAGA bubble you inhabit.

After a similar period for her to reshape or redefine her past stances.
That would have been done democratically. But democrats eliminated the primary process. Meaning that in the last two election cycles she has yet to win one primary delegate.
Is that the party definition of  of settling policy  differences internally?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42682 on: August 02, 2024, 12:11:29 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

That would have been done democratically. But democrats eliminated the primary process.
No, the delegates were elected and still vote for the nominee. The guy they were pledged to just decided to withdraw because he doubted he could win. Just like Haley did, and DeSantis. More of them, and later in the process, but all three of them voluntarily withdrew for the same reason: there was no way forward to win.

Literally everyone except highly partisan MAGA heads pissed off that they were stupid enough to weaken Biden too much and too early recognize this and understand it.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42683 on: August 02, 2024, 12:27:33 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

That would have been done democratically. But democrats eliminated the primary process.
No, the delegates were elected and still vote for the nominee. The guy they were pledged to just decided to withdraw because he doubted he could win. Just like Haley did, and DeSantis. More of them, and later in the process, but all three of them voluntarily withdrew for the same reason: there was no way forward to win.
PLEASE. There is no comparison since the GOP candidates dropped out DURING the primary campaign and after campaigning, debates et al. Biden was forced to quit after the largely ceremonial primary because the internal powers of the party did not like his general election chances. But instead of a vetting process to pick a new nominee the party gave Kamala the go ahead to ask for the Biden delegates.  This allowed Harris to be able to use the Biden Campaign War Chest of $$$ which was not available to anyone else.
This is not the Democratic process Americans expect while choosing a President.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42684 on: August 02, 2024, 12:38:31 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.  Given Biden has been our oldest POTUS, Harris has been regarded as a potential prez more than any other in history (except possibly Truman who was picked specifically as a future POTUS given party insiders knew FDR was quite ill and likely to die).

The Right is making a specious and bad faith argument.
Im on the pavement

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42685 on: August 02, 2024, 12:51:43 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.
You cannot be serious.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42686 on: August 02, 2024, 12:52:56 PM »

Red is so pissed off about how the Democratic Party has behaved that he's going to vote for Trump.  Wait....
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42687 on: August 02, 2024, 12:58:25 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

PLEASE. There is no comparison since the GOP candidates dropped out DURING the primary campaign and after campaigning, debates et al. Biden was forced to quit after the largely ceremonial primary because the internal powers of the party did not like his general election chances. But instead of a vetting process to pick a new nominee the party gave Kamala the go ahead to ask for the Biden delegates.  This allowed Harris to be able to use the Biden Campaign War Chest of $$$ which was not available to anyone else.
This is not the Democratic process Americans expect while choosing a President.
Translation: I wanted us to run against the old guy!

Literally no one outside MAGAville thinks that argument has any merit at all. Good luck with tbat.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42688 on: August 02, 2024, 12:59:38 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.  Given Biden has been our oldest POTUS, Harris has been regarded as a potential prez more than any other in history (except possibly Truman who was picked specifically as a future POTUS given party insiders knew FDR was quite ill and likely to die).

The Right is making a specious and bad faith argument.
If it wasn't for specious and bad faith arguments RedDick would be forced to silence.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42689 on: August 02, 2024, 01:04:29 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.
You cannot be serious.

Article II, sec.1, clause 6 (further clarified by the 25th A).  See the rest of my post which you felt it necessary to trim away.

Im on the pavement

Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 2916