Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745653 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43755 on: September 20, 2024, 06:40:18 PM »

In the Good News Department

In a memo sent by Caterpillar executives to the company  employees  explained that the DEI changes include requiring that all corporate training be oriented to focus on business operations, as well as requiring approval from senior leaders for bringing in external speakers or participating in external surveys and awards.

The changes come as anti DEI activist Robby Starbuck said he had been in discussions with the company about his plans to expose their woke policies which resulted in the preemptive changes, which he outlined in a social media post.

Caterpillar said in the memo that going forward, All training, both formal and informal, must be focused on our business and designed to foster high performance and execution of our enterprise strategy.

Another bit of progress to steer us to the real meaning of DEI (DID EARN IT)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43756 on: September 20, 2024, 06:51:09 PM »

Because the systematic promotion of a disproportionate number of white males is merit based.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43757 on: September 20, 2024, 07:20:36 PM »

In the IF YOU CANNOT WIN fuck shit up.

If a partys electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting, it means they know folks are not buying what they are sell8ng.

https://www.13wmaz.com/video/news/local/93-90c067a7-7a44-491c-9867-c1b80788ce5e
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43758 on: September 20, 2024, 10:32:51 PM »

Because the systematic promotion of a disproportionate number of white males is merit based.

It causes him nothing but pain and frustration when Red tries to think. DEI is such a sound concept it makes him nearly blind with pain.

I would ask why he would think someone would ever offer him a job at Caterpillar but I know he would not get anywhere and would only hurt himself further.

It is better to leave the senseless cruelty to republicans
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43759 on: September 21, 2024, 11:24:13 AM »

Harris Should Just Shut Up on Israel, She is Either  Full of Shit or
Not Adressing the problem

Here is what Kamala Harris said this week about what we should do when the war is over
No reoccupation of Gaza, no changing of the territorial lines of Gaza, and an ability to have security in the region for all concerned in a way that we create stability.
I feel like if that is what you have to say, do not say anything, just shut up.
Everybody who talks about Israel these days is just so full of shit or just, I do not want children to die, duh, who does? None of us want children to die, none of us want this war to go on. But it is not addressing what the problem is, the problem is that one side wants a two-state solution ,  or at least always did, it is a little more right wing now, I am talking about Israel, but that still has been their position. One side never did and still does not. One side uses terrorism to get their goals, one side retaliates against terrorism. One side is accused of genocide, but does not do it, the other side actually would love to do it. People keep saying, Israel has the right to defend itself.
And then, whenever Israel does, they object to it.

BILL MAHER
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 11:31:52 AM by jmmengel »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43760 on: September 21, 2024, 11:59:13 AM »

Bill Maher and Robby Starbuck on consecutive days! Thanks, Red!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43761 on: September 22, 2024, 11:22:58 AM »

Kamala is apparently avoiding the Al Smith Dinner and Roast in New York City according to Harris Campaign staff.
The event is described as being a historic Catholic fundraiser in which the two presidential nominees from the Democrat and Republican parties give mild roasts of each other. JFK and Nixon were the first.
Kamala steering clear of religious connections?
All the while college campuses are finding more renewed interest in religious organizations.
And in the NFLthe leading player in sales of his likeness is CJ Stroud who openly credits God for his success.
Harrison Butker in KC, criticized for his Cathlocity  sells more stuff than Travis Kelce and is 11 th in sales overall, not bad for a kicker.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 12:13:18 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43762 on: September 22, 2024, 01:31:32 PM »

Kamala is apparently avoiding the Al Smith Dinner and Roast in New York City according to Harris Campaign staff.
The event is described as being a historic Catholic fundraiser in which the two presidential nominees from the Democrat and Republican parties give mild roasts of each other.
No, the tradition is that they give mild roasts of themselves. Not each other. The last time they did one live Trump ignored that tradition and made it into a fl on assault on Clinton.
JFK and Nixon were the first.
Kamala steering clear of religious connections?
Or, she has decided some other appearance is a better use of her time.
All the while college campuses are finding more renewed interest in religious organizations.
And in the NFLthe leading player in sales of his likeness is CJ Stroud who openly credits God for his success.[/quoteike 90%.of NFL players, whether they actually believe it or not.[quotr]
Harrison Butker in KC, criticized for his Cathlocity  sells more stuff than Travis Kelce and is 11 th in sales overall, not bad for a kicker.
Butker is not criticized for his Catholic faith but for his regressive social views. There are plenty ty of conservative Catholics who do not do share his views, let alone liberal Catholics like me. Faith is not a shieild for hate and sexism. Hate and sexism, though, remains a good grift.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43763 on: September 22, 2024, 03:52:07 PM »

Jimmy Red Dick has grown allergic to the scoreboard lately for some reason. We can all celebrate the death of his bad ideas, his heroes and his champions.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43764 on: September 23, 2024, 10:43:47 AM »

Since October 7, Iran and its proxies have fired at Israel from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen, as well as from Gaza and the West Bank.
Yet, the Biden Administration persists in hectoring Israel for escalating the war.

In reality  if Iran directly enters the War Biden will retire in disgrace and the Harris Presidency will never happen.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43765 on: September 23, 2024, 11:43:20 AM »

Since October 7, Iran and its proxies have fired at Israel from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen, as well as from Gaza and the West Bank.
Yet, the Biden Administration persists in hectoring Israel for escalating the war.

In reality  if Iran directly enters the War Biden will retire in disgrace and the Harris Presidency will never happen.
Ask around about how fighting a two front war usually goes.

Curious as to whether you recall why Iran sent drones in to attack Israel.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43766 on: September 23, 2024, 11:51:22 AM »

Kamala has already started to push for a more sane immigration policy. Santa joe seems to no longer be in charge, fortunately. Donald should lose and go directly to jail, closing the darkest chapter in American history since the Civil War era.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43767 on: September 23, 2024, 12:25:46 PM »

The notoriously right leaning magazine The Nation has endorsed Harris.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43768 on: September 23, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »

I'm trying to understand how the Biden administration's trying to thread a difficult needle in the Middle East gets scorn from Red, yet Trump's blatant and unapologetic anti-Semitism merits nary a word.  Oh, that's right: Trump is Red's candidate.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2024, 01:08:44 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43769 on: September 23, 2024, 01:08:11 PM »

About those iconic lights.
Motel 6 is being sold. ( I guess it will not leave the light on for you)
And that K Mart Blue Light Special?
Only store left will be in Miami.