Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

ALDS - Rays vs. Astros (See Predictions for Twins vs. Yankees.)

Tampa Bay in 5
- 0 (0%)
Tampa Bay in 4
- 0 (0%)
Tampa Bay in 3
- 0 (0%)
Houston in 3
- 0 (0%)
Houston in 4
- 1 (100%)
Houston in 5
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 04, 2019, 11:37:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 165

Author Topic: American League  (Read 40741 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: American League
« Reply #1020 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:39 AM »

Congrats Sox fans. Phenomenal season.
'And I'm a yellin' at the kids in the back 'cause they're bangin' like a Charlie Watts....."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »

Thank God that shit is over. The single most boring season in the history of bsseball. What a fucking yawnfest.

Bought and paid for.

Fix. Was. In.

The sport is now on life support.

When the Red Sox scandal of 2018 is exposed, it will die.

What's the outlook for the Phils next year?

Who leaves? Who is brought in?

Thanks
Rest in peace, Ric Ocasek

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 29, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »

HEH

You'd figure that a lifetime of being a pathetic loser that the troll would handle one more humiliating loss that exposed his idiocy a little better.

I mean whats one more loss atop of the thousands he's already swallowed?

Poor schmuck I guess each one stings as much as the last.

Try dealing in reality, once in a while. I haven't lost a thing. While you keep chasing the illusion that your life will somehow be far less miserable and meaningless if a baseball team you support buys a "championship".

Sad, pathetic, wannabe.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 29, 2018, 11:13:03 AM »

Thank God that shit is over. The single most boring season in the history of bsseball. What a fucking yawnfest.

Bought and paid for.

Fix. Was. In.

The sport is now on life support.

When the Red Sox scandal of 2018 is exposed, it will die.

What's the outlook for the Phils next year?

Who leaves? Who is brought in?

Thanks

Pitching, pitching, pitching. Some in pipeline. Principal owner wants to spend lots of cash. Manager needs a strong bench coach to reign him in.

Expect a busy off-season.

If the team was in NY, the fans would plead for a new hitting coach. W's up, but Ks up, worst team at making contact I can recall seeing, since the bad old daze of Steve Jeltz at SS.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 29, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »

Ha! Even ownership knows it's "fans" are frontrunning morons: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/red-sox-twitter-account-dunking-144506803.html

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 29, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »

HEH

You'd figure that a lifetime of being a pathetic loser that the troll would handle one more humiliating loss that exposed his idiocy a little better.

I mean whats one more loss atop of the thousands he's already swallowed?

Poor schmuck I guess each one stings as much as the last.

Try dealing in reality, once in a while. I haven't lost a thing. While you keep chasing the illusion that your life will somehow be far less miserable and meaningless if a baseball team you support buys a "championship".

Sad, pathetic, wannabe.

Poor pathetic troll

I harbor under no illusions about  rooting for the teams I root for, and have for a long time. They are a form of entertainment and when they enjoy success it makes me feel good.

As it does every fan who enjoys following and supporting teams.

That you try to suck out the joy that normal people can get from sports and its various pleasures marks you as a tainted outsider, estranged from socital norms.

As noted several times, you fail at your perversions, and you just suck.

Nothing you post can remotely dent the positive feelings I or any other sports fan has when their team meet with success.

And troll lastly, you are wrong, you have lost a lot.

You have lost your decency, all sense of proprotion over a sporting event, and lost reality as you've descended into deep self-delusions over your pathology. .

The loss has left you a sick twisted sociopath deeply envious of the happiness of others.

SSDD

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:12:34 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 29, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »

Congrats Sox fans. Phenomenal season.

Thanks yank.
it really was a phenomenal season.

I think this team will rightly be ranked among the best teams of all time.

They played beautiful baseball.

They were a joy to watch.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:16:36 PM by bankshot1 »

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 29, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »

Looks like bankshot still doesnt get how his losses keep piling up. Day after day after day, his ignorance of reality on display.

If poor Rich Levine ever wakes up, he might realize his folly.

So sad.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 29, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »

heh

be it hamilton, utley, pigday or one of the other many masks the indecent stalker has hid behind, he still remains a deeply tormented sociopath, trying to suck the fun from a game.

But the poor hapless asshole just sucks himself deeper into his black hole of desperation.

And he will continue to do so until he has consumed himself.

SSDD

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 29, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »

Pot.   Kettle.     

<click>
Rest in peace, Ric Ocasek

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »

so Koach, or anyone with an opinion,

how would you generally rank  the '18 Sox season relative to other teams since '69, in terms of dominant seasons?

in the discussion, or a fluke to be iggied?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 29, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »

As kid works on his next Knick trade, the NY Times rings (heh) in

LOS ANGELES On March 31, the third day of the 2018 regular season, the Boston Red Sox moved into first place in the American League East, a position they occupied almost exclusively from that point on. By May, it was clear they were the best team in baseball.

Now, after 119 wins between the regular season and playoffs, they remain unmatched.

And on Sunday, the Red Sox completed the seven-month marathon by cementing their status atop the sport and among the greatest teams of all time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/sports/world-series-red-sox-dodgers.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 29, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »

It was quite a series, despite the lopsidedness of it.

No, Banks, the Red Sox did not beat three 100-win teams, unless you count not only the post-season, but the Dodgers' win against them.

Stunning stat of the day, to me? "The Red Sox are the 13th team ever to post MLB's best record and then win the World Series."

Now, I understand that from '69 on that it has taken more than one round to make it into the playoffs, but before that there were more than 60 World Series and I would have thought that at least a quarter of the time, if not half the time, that the team with more wins would have won! But that seems not to have been the case.

And of course nobody watched it or cared outside the two participating cities. That must be why Fox won prime time for every night the World Series was being played, right?

Still, a 7th game pulls a ton more folks than a series ending with game 5. If the fix were in, then the series would have gone 7, but why let reality stand in the way of bad sport grousing?!

Of course, buying the championship must be it, not the fix! There's the ticket!

So what if the winners of the World Series over the last 4+ decades have been in the top 5 in payroll just over 50% of the time?!
https://www.surepayroll.com/resources/blog/do-giant-payrolls-win-world-series-titles

Fortunately, this is all old news to those who've been paying attention, rather than only caring selectively when they need to try to drag others down.

Boston Obsession Syndrome lives on in the heart of Utley. It's pretty funny to watch.

But not nearly as much fun to watch as the 2018 Red Sox have been.

I wonder what 2019 will bring!

p.s. thank you to the non-Boston (actual) baseball fans for your graciousness which stands in sharp contrast to the whiner from Philly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »

Quick review.on Baseball-reference to as my over 30 pre-playoff times when the team with the best record won the.Series. And a handful of times when the teams had identical records. I suspect the stat was post 1969.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 29, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »

It was quite a series, despite the lopsidedness of it.

No, Banks, the Red Sox did not beat three 100-win teams, unless you count not only the post-season, but the Dodgers' win against them.

Stunning stat of the day, to me? "The Red Sox are the 13th team ever to post MLB's best record and then win the World Series."

Now, I understand that from '69 on that it has taken more than one round to make it into the playoffs, but before that there were more than 60 World Series and I would have thought that at least a quarter of the time, if not half the time, that the team with more wins would have won! But that seems not to have been the case.

And of course nobody watched it or cared outside the two participating cities. That must be why Fox won prime time for every night the World Series was being played, right?

Still, a 7th game pulls a ton more folks than a series ending with game 5. If the fix were in, then the series would have gone 7, but why let reality stand in the way of bad sport grousing?!

Of course, buying the championship must be it, not the fix! There's the ticket!

So what if the winners of the World Series over the last 4+ decades have been in the top 5 in payroll just over 50% of the time?!
https://www.surepayroll.com/resources/blog/do-giant-payrolls-win-world-series-titles

Fortunately, this is all old news to those who've been paying attention, rather than only caring selectively when they need to try to drag others down.

Boston Obsession Syndrome lives on in the heart of Utley. It's pretty funny to watch.

But not nearly as much fun to watch as the 2018 Red Sox have been.

I wonder what 2019 will bring!

p.s. thank you to the non-Boston (actual) baseball fans for your graciousness which stands in sharp contrast to the whiner from Philly.

Josh

As I suspect you understand, I included the Dodger's 8 post-season wins in their total, which would give them 100 wins for the season, and thus be perfectly consistwnt with my statement the Sox beat 3 100 win teams in the post-season to win the World Series.

Again I haven't checked but there can't be too many teams post-'69 who have done that.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 165