Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43452 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #975 on: April 17, 2022, 05:19:58 PM »

You can use any terms you please and play the religion card. Than there is the constitution and laws to protect the rights of actual citizens. Separation of church and state is an important right. Your mangod says the US should accept anyone. My constitution says otherwise. Makes greater sense to help rebuild these broken economies.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 17, 2022, 05:29:50 PM »

You can use any terms you please and play the religion card. Than there is the constitution and laws to protect the rights of actual citizens. Separation of church and state is an important right. Your mangod says the US should accept anyone. My constitution says otherwise. Makes greater sense to help rebuild these broken economies.

So much for what you know, Luee:

immigrants are protected by the U.S. Constitution. ... When it comes to key constitutional provisions like due process and equal treatment under the law, the U.S. Constitution applies to all persons - which includes both documented and undocumented immigrants - and not just U.S. citizens.

Further, the Constitution doesn't address immigration beyond some very specific and limited ways. So, no, they can't become president. Yes, the federal government is authorized to make decisions about immigration and immigrants. Also how to lose citizenship in the U.S.

But beyond that? No.

But I noticed that you have not responded to your stupid claims about nannies and drug dealers and sex traffickers wrt folks who came to the US without documentation.

Now you are bring up "broken economies" and ignoring the realities of the violence down there, persisting in your BULLSHIT about broken economies.

Sure, we broke their economies, but it is the violence and rape that they are escaping.

You think what I called you was a terrible insult?

It wasn't an insult, just an observation.

Yes, you, Luee, are full of shit.

And you cannot admit when you are wrong, which makes you that much more full of shit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 17, 2022, 06:17:31 PM »

"You're full of shit" means you have no argument just contempt for civility.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 17, 2022, 06:20:45 PM »

That is what we have been saying. You now seem to recognize it. The question now is what are you going to do?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 17, 2022, 07:21:32 PM »

"You're full of shit" means you have no argument just contempt for civility.

It would mean that about me were it not for the fact that I have provided you with FACTS about (a) nannies, (b) drug dealers, and (c) sex trafficked victims to go along with the number of undocumented residents of the United States, in response to one of your oft repeated LIES.

I have also provided you with FACTS about the state of things in the countries from which those seeking to enter the US from Central America are fleeing.

You have responded to NEITHER post.

I have contempt for you, Luee, for your mealy-mouthed ways and your unwillingness to respond seriously when a serious post is made to counter your crap.

I have further contempt for you for your then claiming that I "have no argument," after you have both made unsubstantiated claims and then ignored the information in front of you.

But you are the person who blasted Biden for paying attention to Ukraine when in your eyes it was obvious that Russia wasn't going to invade, then blasted him for not doing enough to prevent it, and now blast him for the inadequacy of his response.

Face it, Luee, there is nothing Biden could have done to earn your support. The rest of this is just onion skin paper covering for that.

IOW, Luee, you are full of shit!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #981 on: April 17, 2022, 09:12:46 PM »

Fuck you!

Your family was allowed to scale the ladder and you want to pull the ladder up behind you.

The constitution did not protect my voting rights until 1965 then John Roberts took that shit back in 2013 and my family was here before the fucking Constitution.

Help them fix their economies?

Hell, Republicans will not let us fix this place and they are dismantling our education system and raising generations of dumb fucks who want t go back to an America that never existed
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 17, 2022, 10:19:20 PM »

Fuck you!

Your family was allowed to scale the ladder and you want to pull the ladder up behind you.

The constitution did not protect my voting rights until 1965 then John Roberts took that shit back in 2013 and my family was here before the fucking Constitution.

Hell, Republicans will not let us fix this place and they are dismantling our education system and raising generations of dumb fucks who want t go back to an America that never existed
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 18, 2022, 03:30:04 AM »

Seems like the choice is:

Stop sending weapons to Ukraine and I, Vlad, will reduce the country to rubble, claim the rubble heap for my empire, and then go start on the Baltics.

OR

Keep sending weapons and I will keep trying to reduce the country to rubble, etc.  Plus I will be reallly upset with you!

The question is whether Putin will do something outside of Ukraine in response or escalate types of weapons he's using to tactical nukes.

For example, he could attack whatever we use to transport the weapons or copters. Or he could launch a missile at a NATO airbase.

In that case it must nearly be time to start firing missiles into Russia.

Bambu votes for thermonuclear war.

He isn't going to be alive much longer, so who cares about the future!

Nah...but what do you suggest the West does if Putin drops a nuke bomb on Kyiv/anywhere in Ukraine, or launches a missile attack on a NATO air base?
Or starts invading/bombing Poland or another NATO, say Latvia?

...because judging by the policies of today the West would do ...nothing beyond what it's doing now.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #984 on: April 18, 2022, 08:06:37 AM »

Seems like the choice is:

Stop sending weapons to Ukraine and I, Vlad, will reduce the country to rubble, claim the rubble heap for my empire, and then go start on the Baltics.

OR

Keep sending weapons and I will keep trying to reduce the country to rubble, etc.  Plus I will be reallly upset with you!

The question is whether Putin will do something outside of Ukraine in response or escalate types of weapons he's using to tactical nukes.

For example, he could attack whatever we use to transport the weapons or copters. Or he could launch a missile at a NATO airbase.

In that case it must nearly be time to start firing missiles into Russia.

Bambu votes for thermonuclear war.

He isn't going to be alive much longer, so who cares about the future!

Nah...but what do you suggest the West does if Putin drops a nuke bomb on Kyiv/anywhere in Ukraine, or launches a missile attack on a NATO air base?
Or starts invading/bombing Poland or another NATO, say Latvia?

...because judging by the policies of today the West would do ...nothing beyond what it's doing now.

Putin will do whatever he is going to do.

Right now he is getting his ass kicked.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 18, 2022, 10:33:42 AM »

Fuck you!

All whitemen are not the same just like all Afro Americans are not the same., the southern politico, warmonger LBJ is not the same as FDR. Abraham Lincoln, a republican, is not the same as Jefferson Davis

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #986 on: April 18, 2022, 11:13:39 AM »

Fuck you!

All whitemen are not the same just like all Afro Americans are not the same., the southern politico, warmonger LBJ is not the same as FDR. Abraham Lincoln, a republican, is not the same as Jefferson Davis

That is a bucket of bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:28:54 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 18, 2022, 12:50:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/economy/moscow-job-losses-mayor/index.html

200,000 people losing jobs.

$41 million dollars set aside to aid those people.

If my math is not failing me, that's just over $200 per person impacted. Even granting their economy is different than ours, it's hard to see that money going very far, even without inflation more rampant than ours.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 18, 2022, 01:02:14 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/economy/moscow-job-losses-mayor/index.html

200,000 people losing jobs.

$41 million dollars set aside to aid those people.

If my math is not failing me, that's just over $200 per person impacted. Even granting their economy is different than ours, it's hard to see that money going very far, even without inflation more rampant than ours.

So sad. Putin is so evil and selfish. There are no winners in this war. And we are going to have poor desperate people flooding into Alaska from Russia, you can count on it, I bet the Russians come to Alaska and to other states, as well as to Canada.

And we have the desperate people from Ukraine, who will be coming to the USA and to Canada. I recommend that they come to Nevada, and Kentucky. Everyone wants to come to California, Florida, and New York, but those three are expensive, whereas Nevada and Kentucky are cheap. We can help the refugees and the homeless and the immigrants all at once, they can live in the same apartment complexes, they can go to the same doctors, and they can shop at the same grocery stores.

Housing, doctors, and grocery stores, those three are so important, and also school for the children, and college and job training for the adults, and English language classes for the adults.

We need to prepare for desperate Russian refugees, right along with the desperate Ukrainians. There are no winners in this war. Putin is wrong.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 18, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »

Make sure you know where your pollock or salmon is coming from...Russia sneaks around the fish embargo by selling its catch to China, who then processes it and sells it as a product of China.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-business-miami-global-trade-e0aeaad0790e9919ef9757c343235aaa

Never do I buy any food "made in China"....or "product of China".
Nor do I buy anything else "made in China", if I don't have to.
Nor anything "owned by China", which often requires much research...if I don't have to.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 145