Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43604 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1470 on: October 07, 2022, 05:17:13 PM »

The invasion of a sovereign country with internationally recognized border by a stronger, larger neighbor being a "battle over territories" looks the product of the same sort of mind that claims taking top secret government documents to you country club is a "storage issue".

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Precisely the lack of a defense of your stupid statement I have come to expect from you.
On the contrary. I have made my position quite clear.
Repeatedly.

Making your position clear is, shockingly enough, not the same as defending your position.
Please explain the difference.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 07, 2022, 05:56:51 PM »

The invasion of a sovereign country with internationally recognized border by a stronger, larger neighbor being a "battle over territories" looks the product of the same sort of mind that claims taking top secret government documents to you country club is a "storage issue".

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Precisely the lack of a defense of your stupid statement I have come to expect from you.
Repeatedly.
Yes, you have made your position as a troll who never explains anything or admits error when confronted has been quite clear under your many guises. Adding Russian dupe is new but considering it all, predictable.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1472 on: October 07, 2022, 06:00:26 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.

Yeah. You back a war criminal who is barbaric and self delusional. You support a regime that does not care fo its own citizens by sending them to wage war on a sovereign nation based on hypocrisy and lies.

Do you get paid in rubles?

Shill.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 07, 2022, 06:22:02 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Yes, you have made your position as a troll who never explains anything or admits error when confronted has been quite clear under your many guises. Adding Russian dupe is new but considering it all, predictable.
what have I not explained?
We have no business interfering in a border dispute between two dictators.
There is no threat to us.
Period.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1474 on: October 07, 2022, 06:39:51 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Period.

Putin is an authoritarian fascist dictator.

You are flacking for a mad man who INVADED a sovereign nation. Once his army started losing bigly on the battlefield he targeted civilians with a campaign of carpet bombing and indiscriminate murder.

This is not a border dispute it is a crime against humanity.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 07, 2022, 06:49:00 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Period.
LOL. Never change you useless troll.

No, I will play a little with you despite that. Here are two things you have not explained. "Two dictators" and "border dospute."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 06:51:33 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 07, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Period.

No, I will play a little with you despite that. Here are two things you have not explained. "Two dictators" and "border dospute."
Putin, Zelensky
Ukraine territories.
I guess I underestimated your ability to read, you know, the news.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1477 on: October 07, 2022, 06:57:21 PM »

Jimdick,

You have not defended your absurd position that a large-scale invasion is a border dispute.  Putin is disputing Ukraine's right to exist.  Border disputes don't assault the national capital at the outset. 

You have also not defended your position that Zelenski is a dictator. 

As Carl Sagan liked to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 07, 2022, 07:08:22 PM »

Jimdick,

Only countless times.
The fact that you ignore them is why you have no credibility.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1479 on: October 07, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »

Jimdick,

Only countless times.
The fact that you ignore them is why you have no credibility.

Just because you keep saying the same lies over and over does not make them real.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 07, 2022, 08:23:19 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Period.

Putin, Zelensky
Ukraine territories.
The difference between repetition and explanation is beyond you. Or you just do not care. Either way it is why you are not worth discussing anything with. Again, you are a worthless troll.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 07, 2022, 08:42:16 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.
Period.

Putin, Zelensky
Ukraine territories.
The difference between repetition and explanation is beyond you. Or you just do not care. Either way it is why you are not worth discussing anything with. Again, you are a worthless troll.
OK,
Bye

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 07, 2022, 11:38:03 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.

Making your position clear is, shockingly enough, not the same as defending your position.

Sure.

Making a position clear:
"I believe that a pound of feathers is heavier than a pound of gold."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that a pound of gold is lighter than a pound of feathers."
"Don't just repeat your position, explain it."
"I believe that a pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold."

It is VERY clear, Ward, that you believe that the pound of feathers weighs more. Nothing could be clearer. But there is no support for your argument, nothing for somebody else to examine and be convinced by or even to successfully challenge in your statements.

"What do you mean?"
"Feathers are measured in avoirdupois pounds while gold is measured in troy pounds. While a troy ounce is heavier than an avoirdupois ounce, there are only 12 troy ounces in a troy pound, but 16 avoirdupois ounces in an avoirdupois pound.

"So, a pound of feathers weighs more, but an ounce of gold weighs more."

"Oh, I get it. Thank you for explaining.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #1484 on: October 08, 2022, 12:50:42 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Repeatedly.

Sure.

Making a position clear:
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that a pound of gold is lighter than a pound of feathers."
"Don't just repeat your position, explain it."
"I believe that a pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold."

It is VERY clear, Ward, that you believe that the pound of feathers weighs more. Nothing could be clearer. But there is no support for your argument, nothing for somebody else to examine and be convinced by or even to successfully challenge in your statements.

"What do you mean?"
"Feathers are measured in avoirdupois pounds while gold is measured in troy pounds. While a troy ounce is heavier than an avoirdupois ounce, there are only 12 troy ounces in a troy pound, but 16 avoirdupois ounces in an avoirdupois pound.

"So, a pound of feathers weighs more, but an ounce of gold weighs more."

"Oh, I get it. Thank you for explaining.

Anyone who has watched Servant of the People would have severe difficulty picturing Zelenskii as a dictator.   

Dictators don't usually hanker to be the butt of jokes. 

And they usually run for cover when wars start.  Z did just the opposite. 
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 145