Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 623

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200379 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9270 on: June 27, 2024, 02:10:14 AM »

The market in Battle Mountain, Nevada, is the Midway Market...

https://www.midwaymarket.com/

Battle Mountain could also use a Northgate Market.

As Battle Mountain grows then lots of new businesses can open and thrive there.

And as areas such as the Blvds in California are looking for new shops to occupy vacant units then they can petition the entrepreneurs from the Universal City Walk in Hollywood. Etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: June 27, 2024, 02:29:19 AM »

The Olive Garden Restaurants are going to raise prices, but one thing that no one knows, is that the Olive Garden has been feeding the homeless for the last 30 years that I know of, they donate food to the homeless shelters and to the Mental Health Association, etc. The Olive Garden is a wonderful company that is altruistic and which feeds the poor. It is a great company.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: June 27, 2024, 02:55:03 AM »

Krishnah Gravidez is going to do great things for the people of the Philippines and for the Youth of the world, and maybe she can get the support of the San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines to do great things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishnah_Gravidez

And she can become famous by promoting the San Miguel Beer globally, etc, then she can use her wealth and fame to help the people of the Philippines and the Youth, etc.

She can promote education for the youth, and she can teach companies to be altruistic, and she can summon help for the orphans, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: June 27, 2024, 04:08:23 AM »

Yes. You mentioned you use Sky news as a news source.

No better example is needed.

You wouldn't like Sky News, it's not a left wing site. :)

I also use other sources...Ch9 TV [alleged by some to be left of centre], radio 2GB [2gb.com]...you probably wouldn't like Ray [no 1 radio host now, 9am-noon weekdays], he's not leftist.

TV Ch 10 [now reportedly owned by an American media giant [not Fox]].

US and British newspapers.

etc

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: June 27, 2024, 08:14:01 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-public-corruption-bribery-89774f1e3cd6f1a353718b7ce3ff18a0

Scrotus just made it harder to fight public corruption.  And easier to give bribes.  Given the attitude towards professional ethics on the current Court, that's not too surprising.

sweet fuck all.

Did you spend some time over in the UK?  I hear a Britishism from you now and then, just wondered.  When I was there people would sometimes code switch that to sweet Fanny Adams when in mixed company (i.e. not with mates).

My cousins wedding was the last time I was over, must be 18 years or so. I wish them luck in their upcoming elections. They will be right buggered if they get it wrong.

Indeed...like electing a Labour (left/far left) govt into power...who are going to give 16 yr olds the vote if elected.
Britain is the mess it is today because the People kept electing leftist govts.
Oh well, the People were, have been, and still are being warned what will happen to them...but they refuse to listen.
They seem to think chances go on forever...they don't.
If they don't elect a Rightist govt then they're finished.
The UK has not been electing leftist governments you fool. It has been in the hands of.the Comservative Party for 14 years, and for 30 of the last 44. The UK is a mess? You should look to the Conservative Party for why.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: June 27, 2024, 08:19:14 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-public-corruption-bribery-89774f1e3cd6f1a353718b7ce3ff18a0

Scrotus just made it harder to fight public corruption.  And easier to give bribes. 
Well no. At issue was not a bribe but a gratuity. Had you or the AP actually read the decision you would understand the 6-3 vote.

Bribe v gratuity = potayto, potahto.  As Lime notes, it is not difficult to skirt a law so narrowly interpreted that one need only deliver the money-filled suitcase after the favor has been done. 

assuming you can read

Ah, name calling.  Right on cue.
Either read the decision or shut up.
I have. And it is a decision based on a distinction that looks very much like someone has seen what Clarence Thomas's gifts from Harlan Crowe looks like and wants to nip that sucker in the bud.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: June 27, 2024, 10:08:12 AM »

Or as Justice Jackson wrote in her dissent (I too read the decision)

Snyder s absurd and atextual reading of the statute is one that only today s court could love 

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: June 27, 2024, 10:49:47 AM »

Or as Justice Jackson wrote in her dissent (I too read the decision)

Snyder s absurd and atextual reading of the statute is one that only today s court could love 
6-3 is hardly a close call.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: June 27, 2024, 11:00:51 AM »

In 1973 I assume that Red argued that Roe v. Wade was correctly decided as 7-2 was "hardly a close call."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: June 27, 2024, 11:14:21 AM »

In 1973 I assume that Red argued that Roe v. Wade was correctly decided as 7-2 was "hardly a close call."
And the comparison of the Constitutional issues in the two cases is based on what?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: June 27, 2024, 11:16:08 AM »

And the comparison of the Constitutional issues in the two cases is based on what?
Your remarkably convenient, flexible and intellectually dishonest definition of "close call."

- William of Baskerville

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: June 27, 2024, 11:26:40 AM »

Why don't you drop the pretense that you care about the Constitution, Red?  You care about politics and power. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: June 27, 2024, 12:13:11 PM »

Why don't you drop the pretense that you care about the Constitution, Red?  You care about politics and power.
You just do not know.  We get it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: June 27, 2024, 12:19:14 PM »

I'm confident that "we" just constitutes you. 

P.S.  Your use of the royal we makes you look, if possible, like more of a jerk.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: June 27, 2024, 12:55:52 PM »

I'm confident that "we" just constitutes you. 

P.S.  Your use of the royal we makes you look, if possible, like more of a jerk.
To repeat.
We get your inability to respond.
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 623