Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 674

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 248581 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7335 on: January 31, 2024, 08:49:07 PM »

Obama was also blamed, for changing the law.

What law did he "change"? 

Turn off YouTube.  Go outside.

Yuma County Sheriff
Illegals pouring in from Iran...lol, Iraq etc, Russia etc, from 140 countries, 310,000 in one part of his County alone last year, night and day it goes on. Also Ecuador, Colombia.
The cartels drop them off at the big hole the the fence, and they ring 911...lol.

They then are dispersed to all parts of America, to a sponsor.
There's a 7-11 year backlog for processing.

Still don't know who they are, they haven't been processed.

Sheriff Wilmot:

"Arizona had 1070 law that allowed us to charge someone with smuggling, but the Obama administration sued the state of Arizona, "smuggling is "immigration"", federal.
As a consequence, law enforcement cannot arrest anyone for smuggling...if we do we can be charged by the DOJ with kidnapping."

"For one large tent to hold them, costs taxpayers $4.5m a month."
For the larger tents housing families, where their laundry is done and food cooked, it's costing $6m+ per month."

The reporter jokes..."in America we have plenty of money to pay for it all"

Sheriff: "If you're living in a bubble we do."

"Our country cannot afford to take care of all these other countries' issues."

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:46:50 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: January 31, 2024, 08:58:15 PM »

Go outside
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: January 31, 2024, 09:44:09 PM »

Go outside

You seem to be living in a bubble.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: January 31, 2024, 09:48:58 PM »

Pot meet kettle.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: January 31, 2024, 09:50:12 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: January 31, 2024, 10:04:57 PM »

We must continue to teach our youth the art of Rhetoric, the people who say "We want action and not just words and Rhetoric" are fools, as the words and the Rhetoric help to bring about the action and change, and they also say that the pen is mightier than the sword.

When Kennedy said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but instead ask what you can do for your country" then that was Rhetoric, and it inspired great action, people loved Kennedy and his Rhetoric was very effective.

And the Abolitionist Poets were all about Rhetoric, they were using their poetry to try to bring about changes and to incite action to free the slaves.

All of the Roman Emperors studied Rhetoric, as did the Greeks. Rhetoric is a great ancient art.

Rhetoric can bring about action and results, and can motivate the masses to come together to attain a shared goal, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: January 31, 2024, 10:09:32 PM »

Do you have a geriatric rhetoric class for Red? He has taken to speaking with his head up his ass.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: January 31, 2024, 11:27:00 PM »

After the Sheriff said to the reporter about 'if we're living in a bubble'..he posed the question;
para;

"Where is the limit"?

Indeed.

To coin a phrase from "Pretty Woman"............. "It's very expensive"

My former No1 radio host;

"Govts have no money of their own, the only money they have is the money they raise in taxes from the People."

After watching those two videos about the US/Mexico border, and hearing what the two American long term sheriffs had to say, there was no other conclusion I could come to other than:

Cartels are basically *running* 'US Immigration' at the border...law enforcement really only 'baby sitters' for the captured migrants.
Cartels are importing drugs and people into America basically at will, making a fortune in the process.
Sheriff said they have certain areas where they bring the people across, and certain areas where they bring the drugs across.

Border Patrol seem to be short-staffed.

Sheriff Wilmot said he caught cartels cutting thru the steel fence, [they cut thru it but leave it 'intact' so they can then swing the section out to let people thru.]
He said they just gave him the finger and kept on doing what they were doing. lol  Ridiculous, but that's what it's come to.  It would be terrible being a diligent sheriff working for good not evil and basically being powerless.

Sheriff Wilmot pointed to a lot of fence panels, large amount of taxpayers money used to buy them, just lying around in the dirt, supposed to be going to fix the large hole section of the fence.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:31:33 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: January 31, 2024, 11:43:25 PM »

If I was the President of Mexico, instead of having taxes on the people of Mexico then I would have tariffs on the goods imported into Mexico, and I would use the money from the tariffs on imports to run the government. And I would expand the ports so that a lot of goods are being imported, and put tariffs on the imported goods. And for instance I would use tariffs from imported Coca Cola to pay for schools and libraries in Mexico, etc, Mexico can put tariffs on all of the imports and the money could be used to build libraries, schools, hospitals, orphanages, etc.

And many of the refugees can be sent to Victoria, Canada, to the Kiwanis Village, etc. Canada wants the new immigrants to populate their vast open spaces, Canada is huge and they have less people than California. The refugees can consider Victoria, Canada, as an option for a chosen new home.

And, there is always Battle Mountain, Nevada, for the refugees, and Las Vegas is a jewel.

Also, the workers can be hooked up with Labor Unions for their field of work, etc, and teachers can be sent to Kentucky and to Arkansas and to Tennessee, etc. We can send the workers to where they are needed.

Salute.

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 01:06:47 AM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: February 01, 2024, 10:37:58 AM »

Obama was also blamed, for changing the law.

What law did he "change"? 

Turn off YouTube.  Go outside.

Yuma County Sheriff
Illegals pouring in from Iran...lol, Iraq etc, Russia etc, from 140 countries, 310,000 in one part of his County alone last year, night and day it goes on. Also Ecuador, Colombia.
The cartels drop them off at the big hole the the fence, and they ring 911...lol.

They then are dispersed to all parts of America, to a sponsor.
There's a 7-11 year backlog for processing.

Still don't know who they are, they haven't been processed.

Sheriff Wilmot:

"Arizona had 1070 law that allowed us to charge someone with smuggling, but the Obama administration sued the state of Arizona, "smuggling is "immigration"", federal.
As a consequence, law enforcement cannot arrest anyone for smuggling...if we do we can be charged by the DOJ with kidnapping."
If Wilmot is going to lie so blatantly about what 1070 was and did why believe anything he says?
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: February 01, 2024, 11:20:58 AM »

Bamboob is gullible to the point that I don't read any of his I Saw This on YouTube stuff anymore.  I get that he is sincere and not trolling, but that Tube Rant is just a timewaster.

Meanwhile we all have to watch Taylor Swift and her secret government mission.  I like a description given to the recent crop of conspiracy theorists as Not-Too-Swifties.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: February 01, 2024, 11:38:57 AM »

He is not sincere. He is trolling. He is just being an Australian style dickhead which reads as somewhat sincere compared to American trolling.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: February 01, 2024, 12:13:56 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: February 01, 2024, 01:42:16 PM »

Bamboob is gullible to the point that I don't read any of his I Saw This on YouTube stuff anymore.  I get that he is sincere and not trolling, but that Tube Rant is just a timewaster.

Meanwhile we all have to watch Taylor Swift and her secret government mission.  I like a description given to the recent crop of conspiracy theorists as Not-Too-Swifties.

What I saw in those two vidoes was real.
Real American long term sheriffs, in real American sheriff uniforms, ...older American men, who I believe are genuine.

You don't have to worry about my mentioning the border again...a Texas sheriff explained it all very clearly in a video I watched last night.
He's the Sheriff in Alpine county Texas.
 He said:

Para:
"Our country has a thirst for cheap labor, and a thirst for the drugs being smuggled in.
If we didn't have jobs for them, they wouldn't be coming in.
If we didn't want to use the drugs the cartels are selling, they wouldn't be selling them.
We don't want a wall here, it would be on the American side of the river, would stop access to it by Americans, and businesses here involved in water sports on the river would go broke".

Simply explained by him.
How it is.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 01:44:39 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: February 01, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »

Republicans, like the Tories in England, deliberately choked off immigration courts and personnel at borders to build a crisis that appealed to xenophobia they could exploit. The only folks who are capable of improving the situation at either border are the Democrats and Labour. The only hope we have that they will succeed in enacting all around beneficial border policies is to drive the republicans and the Tories from their most important seats of power.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 674