Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 580

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 122752 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8115 on: April 07, 2024, 07:57:29 PM »

It's very sad that the body of one hostage has been found in Gaza.
His family is understandably upset.

Israelis are *rioting*, saying that a hostage deal should've been done sooner and the war should've ended sooner.
They don't seem to understand that the only way to end the war is to kill off Hamas, one way or the other...anything else just being a temporary peace measure.

Neither Netanyahu nor Hamas give a fuck about the hostages

I believe Netanyahu does...but in the context that destroying Hamas in Gaza, and never letting it get control of Gaza again, thereby making Israel safe is the major goal.

All Netanyahu gives a shit about is staying out of prison and seizing all of Gaza and the West Bank.
You should listen to Bambu.
But you will not.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: April 07, 2024, 09:21:31 PM »

We have duly noted your daily competency check failure.

Turn in your keys.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: April 08, 2024, 05:17:56 AM »

With all of the news of stars getting busted for sexual allegations, then it is important to have Playboy to remind people that sex can still be fun and that love is a wonderful thing, and Playboy also liberates women, including liberating the Persians who are abused in their home country of Iran with strict rules on sexuality. Sex can still be fun and it does not need to lead to lawsuits and time in prison. Universal needs to buy Playboy and they need to bring back the Playboy Channel, and they need to bring in new young geniuses from National Lampoon at Harvard to save Playboy Magazine. Playboy also needs to do an interview of Muzi of China, and they can feature a pictorial of Mahlagha Jaberi to promote improved human rights for the women of Iran.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: April 08, 2024, 09:04:16 AM »

It's very sad that the body of one hostage has been found in Gaza.
His family is understandably upset.

Israelis are *rioting*, saying that a hostage deal should've been done sooner and the war should've ended sooner.
They don't seem to understand that the only way to end the war is to kill off Hamas, one way or the other...anything else just being a temporary peace measure.

Neither Netanyahu nor Hamas give a fuck about the hostages

I believe Netanyahu does...but in the context that destroying Hamas in Gaza, and never letting it get control of Gaza again, thereby making Israel safe is the major goal.

All Netanyahu gives a shit about is staying out of prison and seizing all of Gaza and the West Bank.
But you will not.

I listened and then discarded his opinion once I stopped laughing.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: April 08, 2024, 01:51:10 PM »

In an ongoing campaign that seeks to influence congressional and other political debates to stoke anti-Ukraine sentiment, Kremlin-linked political strategists and trolls have written thousands of fabricated news articles, social media posts and comments that promote American isolationism, stir fear over the United States border security and attempt to amplify U.S. economic and racial tensions, according to a trove of internal Kremlin documents obtained by a European intelligence service and reviewed by The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/04/08/russia-propaganda-us-ukraine/
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: April 08, 2024, 06:58:06 PM »

Mark Twain gave some advice that has served me well over the years, and that is to pick my battles and not to lower myself to fighting with swine because passers-by might not be able to tell the difference. In the big city you need to know when to just ignore people and keep walking, some battles are not worth fighting. I have nothing to prove, and I will never see these people again, so sometimes the best thing to do is to just ignore people and keep walking.

Today is a beautiful day, and I was out walking to the post office, and as I was crossing a parking lot this fat lady in an SUV started honking her horn and screaming at me, I have no idea who she was, or why she was screaming and honking, but I just ignored her and kept walking. It is still a beautiful day because I choose to pick my battles wisely, and I am not going to have a screaming match with a crazy fat lady for no reason. Sometimes it is best to just ignore people and keep walking. I will never see her again and she is insignificant. Whatever problem that she was having had nothing to do with me. I am not going to let some crazy fat lady mess up my day. Sometimes the classiest thing to do is to just ignore people and keep walking.

That is good advice for the youth who are moving to Hollywood from small towns and who need to learn to live in the City, is that in the City you need to pick your battles wisely, and not every battle is worth fighting, sometimes the best thing to do is to just ignore people. You can avoid a lot of problems by picking your battles wisely. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just keep on walking.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: April 08, 2024, 08:04:52 PM »

The President of El Salvador has announced an interesting way to attract more skilled foreign workers to the country: by giving them free citizenship.

https://trib.al/6wyg3uV

-------------

El Salvador would be a good place to send the homeless people from Hong Kong, the poor people of Hong Kong would probably love El Salvador. Anything would be better than perpetual homelessness for them. I am sure they would love El Salvador.

When I lived in Malibu we had a maid from El Salvador, Consuela, she was a wonderful maid and she was great with the kids. She was a Butcher in El Salvador, she could butcher a cow, or a pig, or a goat, or chickens, etc. When she came to Malibu she went to work as our maid, she was a wonderful maid, and there was a family from Brazil who did our yard work and gardening ( we had a huge yard, and a giant rose garden overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and a family from Brazil had done the yard work there for years. ) Anyhow, Consuela would rather be a maid in Malibu instead of a Butcher in El Salvador.

For the poor people from Hong Kong then El Salvador might be a great place to live. And they can organize to make things better.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: April 09, 2024, 10:57:49 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/james-crumbley-jennifer-crumbley-oxford-school-shooting-e5888f615c76c3b26153c34dc36d5436

Do us a favor, all you gun enthusiasts?  Please lock up your weapons safely especially when you have a teenage son who has been drawing gun murder scenarios on his math homework and making clearcut pleas for help with thoughts of shooting classmates? 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: April 09, 2024, 01:46:08 PM »

For the people who are moving to Hollywood at this time, then 54% of the modern services economy is streaming services such as films and television shows, so there is a huge demand for content, and also Mayor Bass is working to help the homeless people, her number one priority is to help the homeless people, so there are opportunities to work doing charity work, plus if you need help then help will be available for you. Plus, Disney is going to make the new "Star Wars" movie here in Hollywood, and Universal has been successful with the success of "Oppenheimer" etc. Also, a lot of money is being invested in improving Hollywood Blvd, and also Disney is spending a lot of money in Anaheim. So, right now is a great time for the new people who dream of working in Hollywood to come give it a shot. And if they are looking for a good charity to join to meet new people when they get to California, then I recommend Kiwanis International, I was in Kiwanis for 2 years and it was great.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: April 09, 2024, 03:04:51 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/james-crumbley-jennifer-crumbley-oxford-school-shooting-e5888f615c76c3b26153c34dc36d5436

Do us a favor, all you gun enthusiasts?  Please lock up your weapons safely especially when you have a teenage son who has been drawing gun murder scenarios on his math homework and making clearcut pleas for help with thoughts of shooting classmates?

Who'd be a parent these days?
You need a gun for self defence.
There's stigma about mental illness.
There seems not to be absolute security or much security at most schools.
Where were a metal detector and bag/body searches?
They wave a wand over me before they let me into a footy stadium in my world...which is not guns central and handguns are banned.

Geez Louise...why wasn't the student immediately removed from the school by the cops and banned from it permanently, when the first sign appeared?

Easy to put all the blame on the parents.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 03:14:17 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: April 09, 2024, 04:27:42 PM »

SkyNews scroll thru just now:

"Terror threat to Championship League matches" (soccer)...Britain.

#####

Yes, and this is what happens when people, voters who elect govts to power, refuse to listen to voices of wisdom warning them about ill-advised immigration, the folly of unbridled 'tolerance', unbridled political correctness, and unbridled multiculturalism.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:30:22 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: April 09, 2024, 04:59:40 PM »

You have some spittle flecks on you Hitler mustache, Bambi. Is your primitive world view giving you discomfort?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: April 09, 2024, 05:13:29 PM »

You have some spittle flecks on you Hitler mustache, Bambi. Is your primitive world view giving you discomfort?

Nothing wrong with my world view, thanks for asking.
I can see clearly...so many on terror watch-list in Britain it can't watch them all.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: April 09, 2024, 05:19:15 PM »

School shooters parents were just shown on my tv Sky News:

"School shooters parents jailed for not doing enough to prevent the shootings".

Gee, that could easily be said of others as well.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: April 09, 2024, 05:26:47 PM »

The gun industry and its lobbyists top the list.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 580