Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 674

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 248677 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8985 on: June 07, 2024, 02:26:17 AM »

The Contras were terrorist animals like the trumpists in the United States today. Reagan should have obeyed Congress as the Constitution dictates and let the Sandinistas develop Nicaragua in peace.

Reagan was a fraud who did the bidding of thieves. It is sad that he fooled you so thoroughly.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: June 07, 2024, 03:26:47 AM »

A wise man once said that we should write the good that men do in stone, and the bad in sand, so that we might remember the good that they did instead of the bad. All of the good things led to the peaceful Latin America that we have today. We have problems with Venezuela, but nothing that will lead to war. And we are close to normal relations now with Cuba. Latin America is heading in the direction of peace and honest trade and tourism, etc. Colombia is doing well, and Mexico seems to be heading in a good direction, etc. Latin America can all be nice and peaceful like Costa Rica.

And we need for the Peace Corps to remain active globally, in Latin America, in the Middle East, in Africa, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: June 07, 2024, 08:12:22 AM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
No, just a competent Appellate panel.
there will not even be a trial.
Whistling past the graveyard.
Send us all a postcard when it is over.
Why? [RESTORED CONTEXT]When the Appellate court upholds the original order and the case proceeds to trial, you will just pretend this exchange never happened. It is what you do when you get caught out, because you are an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR. [/END RESTORED CONTEXT]
Guess.

Because you are striving to prove what an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR you are.
Wrong guess. Try again..
I guess you do not follow the news.
Guess Again.
LOL. You did not think that one through.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: June 07, 2024, 08:45:44 AM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
Why? [RESTORED CONTEXT]When the Appellate court upholds the original order and the case proceeds to trial, you will just pretend this exchange never happened. It is what you do when you get caught out, because you are an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR. [/END RESTORED CONTEXT]
Guess.

Because you are striving to prove what an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR you are.
Wrong guess. Try again..
Guess Again.
Guess again.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: June 07, 2024, 09:23:59 AM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: June 07, 2024, 10:27:04 AM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
Guess.

Wrong guess. Try again..
Guess Again.
Guess again.
ROFL. You did not think that one through.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: June 07, 2024, 10:31:28 AM »

This back-and-forth is turning into the London fatberg of online discourse.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/12/550465000/behold-the-fatberg-london-s-130-ton-rock-solid-sewer-blockage
Just a Beta Test of the new Chat GPT "Jimbot". It seems to be going well.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: June 07, 2024, 10:38:52 AM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/12/550465000/behold-the-fatberg-london-s-130-ton-rock-solid-sewer-blockage

LoL.  Though a bit frightening to contemplate all the worlds server farms overheating if two such bots were to start interacting across all major platforms. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: June 07, 2024, 11:05:58 AM »

LoL.  Though a bit frightening to contemplate all the worlds server farms overheating if two such bots were to start interacting across all major platforms.
I note one version of "Jimbot" seems to be stuck on "Guess again." Maybe someone should go over and give it a good thumping.

And yes I realize the concept of thumping has no practical use with Chat Bots. But it still can be emotionally satisfying.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: June 07, 2024, 11:57:27 AM »

Just give jimbot the first ever bath of its lifetime. That should end the senseless repetition and news blindness that are the defining characteristics of this extra-glitchy iteration of the bottomless ass.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: June 07, 2024, 12:12:57 PM »

A wise man once said that we should write the good that men do in stone, and the bad in sand, so that we might remember the good that they did instead of the bad.

Salute,

Tony V.

Republicans are recidivist criminals who, having raped, are eager to rape again. The bad they do should be carved into their faces Inglorious Bastards style so no one can mistake them for who they pretend to be.

When Americans forget we get crime spiraling out of control like it did in the terrible trump years.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: June 07, 2024, 12:49:47 PM »

A wise man once said that we should write the good that men do in stone, and the bad in sand, so that we might remember the good that they did instead of the bad. All of the good things led to the peaceful Latin America that we have today.

Salute,

Tony V.
There is a reason most of the asylum seekers coming here are coming from Central and South American countries. There may be no open war, but they sure as Hell are not "peaceful" for the people who live there.

The evil that men do live after them. The good is oft interred with their bones.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: June 07, 2024, 03:55:58 PM »

The rich people come here from Europe, people who can live anywhere in the world are coming to the USA, such as Roma Downey, Pierce Brosnan, and lots of others, when I lived in Malibu we had Olivia Newton John and Princess Diana was going to buy the house next door to Olivia.

So, it is not only the poor from Latin America who come to the USA, we also receive the rich people from Europe who can live wherever they want to live, such as Prince Harry and Meghan who live here in California.

Sure, we have poor people and refugees who come to America, but we also receive the rich people who could live wherever they want but choose the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: June 07, 2024, 07:30:58 PM »

A recent report by UNICEF says that, in the Middle East and North Africa, around 34 million infants are living in food poverty.

----------

Kiwanis International has a Village in Victoria, British Columbia, for the refugee children.

We need to also do more to feed the poor in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: June 07, 2024, 08:37:14 PM »

My dearly departed friend Lisa was wealthy, and she could have lived anywhere in the world, and she chose Anaheim, where she bought 10 houses and started helping the homeless, and she connected with the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana and she was helping the homeless people from all over Orange County. When I got my apartment here in Anaheim, she told me that I scored, and that I am very lucky, and she told me never to give this place up, she said it is a prime location. So, I am grateful to have a good apartment in a good city, and I even have friends at City Hall, my Representative came to my door and introduced herself, Natalie Rubalcova, she is great. I just need to find a girlfriend, and I need to publish my poetry book, and get my movie script made or sold. Anyhow, Anaheim is a prime location, and Lisa came all the way from the Philippines to live here in Anaheim, she could have picked anywhere, and she chose Anaheim. Anaheim is a great spot, and it is going to get a lot better, lots of money is being invested here.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:39:40 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 674