Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 617

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 198688 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8955 on: June 06, 2024, 12:19:05 AM »

Okay. Does not answer my last question, does God pick and choose the miracles he dispenses?,
No. In our Christian belief GOD promises believers in him ETERNAL LIFE of which earthly life is a small portion thereof. He also promises peace through Jesus which  also supplies all the tools to lead a successful life on earth.
The only true miracle Christians celebrate is Easter.

In your Christian belief, god has damned you to hell for being as unchristian a monster as you have the courage to be. You could repent and embrace peace and love over fascism thereby saving yourself but you will not. You are already food for a whole host of feces eating organisms. A dictionary would do your dumb ass not an ounce of good.

I will pray for you though praying for you has not done any good so far.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: June 06, 2024, 03:50:17 AM »

Okay. Does not answer my last question, does God pick and choose the miracles he dispenses?,
No. In our Christian belief GOD promises believers in him ETERNAL LIFE of which earthly life is a small portion thereof. He also promises peace through Jesus which  also supplies all the tools to lead a successful life on earth.

In your Christian belief, god has damned you to hell for being as unchristian a monster as you have the courage to be. You could repent and embrace peace and love over fascism thereby saving yourself but you will not. You are already food for a whole host of feces eating organisms. A dictionary would do your dumb ass not an ounce of good.

Thought you said Jesus was a fantasy.

Anyway, ye olde "peace and love".
Didn't work for NYC ...they blew it up with hijacked planes.
And it didn't work for Christians in the Middle East, they were burnt alive in bread ovens by you know who.
Things have been a bit better since bin Laden's demise, but not much.
Now they're coming for the Jews worldwide, ...atrocity-invaded Israel, and are spreading massive anti-semitism everywhere, with very little or no serious censure.
Oh, and your left/far left hero PM Albo has been exposed by Sky News on tape with sound...attending pro-Palestine, anti-Israel protests, in 2000 etc where flags of Israel were burned...he allegedly spoke at some.
He's aged 61 now.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: June 06, 2024, 08:30:23 AM »

So God picks and chooses the miracles HE dispenses?
To quote the greatest lexographer in the history of the English language:

"Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner, confessedly unworthy."
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: June 06, 2024, 08:40:14 AM »

So you DON'T believe in miracles? Or are you differentiating between levels of miracles? The resurrection being the highest, tony recovering from cancer a slightly lower one, down through the 1969 New York Mets to me finding a 20 dollar bill in the pocket of a pair of jeans I bought at a resale store for $10? Because I stood in a very long line not too long ago to see a bone supposedly from the arm of St. Jude and  I am sure a lot of Christians in line with me were expecting something.

- William of Baskerville

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: June 06, 2024, 10:33:42 AM »

Not a theologian, but the objective of a reliquary visit is a blessing, rather than a miracle, isnt it?  Or do they have a gray area there?  I guess the RC church has the Assessor teams that check up on miracles.

The fact that Earth with its population of belligerent and bickering techno-apes has avoided a nuclear war for around 75 years comes pretty near to a miracle, for me.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: June 06, 2024, 11:33:24 AM »

Not a theologian, but the objective of a reliquary visit is a blessing, rather than a miracle, isnt it?  Or do they have a gray area there?  I guess the RC church has the Assessor teams that check up on miracles.

The fact that Earth with its population of belligerent and bickering techno-apes has avoided a nuclear war for around 75 years comes pretty near to a miracle, for me.
You decide:

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone

Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen

Whether a blessing or a miracle kind of depends on your point of view and the favor you are asking for. He is the Apostle of the Impossible after all.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: June 06, 2024, 12:12:01 PM »

Thought you said Jesus was a fantasy.

No one turns their back on god as fully and brazenly as you have.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: June 06, 2024, 12:55:41 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: June 06, 2024, 01:21:12 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.

The whole world needs you and your brethren to be too incapacitated to vote this November. You can go straight to Hell instead.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: June 06, 2024, 03:10:36 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
No, just a competent Appellate panel.

- William of Baskerville

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: June 06, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

Trumps minions in Georgia have only delayed the inevitable.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: June 06, 2024, 03:19:41 PM »

A wealthy man asked Jesus how he might get to Heaven, and Jesus told him to give his money to the poor and to follow him, the man went away and never returned, thus Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get to Heaven.

There is also Matthew 25; 31-46 where we are asked to help the poor.

So, being a Christian is about doing good deeds, it is about more than just being saved and going to Heaven, it is about doing good deeds here on Earth, it is about sharing the love of Christ with other people. If someone claims to be Christian, but is not doing good deeds, then the person is a fake Christian.

And God will reward you when you help the poor, such as he did John D. Rockefeller.

In Anaheim our best restaurant is owned by Chef Bruno, The White House Restaurant, and he has a charity named "Caterina's Club" after his late Mother, and he feeds pasta to the children, he wrote a book "The Power of Pasta" and all of the money from the book goes to feed pasta to poor children. He has the best restaurant in Anaheim and he gives food away to the children and God just continues to bless Bruno.

My dearly departed friend Lisa from the Philippines was my wealthiest friend, and she spent her whole life helping the poor. And maybe The San Miguel Corporation will invest here in Hollywood and will be altruistic here and will help the poor, as well as helping the poor in the Philippines, and hopefully helping the poor in Latin America.

My Grandmother taught me to help the poor as she was teaching me Business, it is important for companies to be altruistic. When I am rich I will help the poor.

By their deeds they shall be known.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: June 06, 2024, 04:03:05 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
there will not even be a trial.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: June 06, 2024, 04:18:32 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.

No one hopes trump will last long enough to face a trial. He has already done enough evil for several lifetimes. Put him in a box with Saddam, Stalin and Hitler and be done with him already.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: June 06, 2024, 04:28:39 PM »

Speaking of miracles.
Fani Willis needs one.
Whistling past the graveyard.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 617