Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 623

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200006 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9210 on: June 24, 2024, 08:50:29 PM »

Our Constitutional scholar will no doubt have something to say about that.
Does the display of the Ten Commandments offend you?

No, because the students will learn God is deeply offended by stealing, coveting thy neighbors wife, coveting thy neighbors goods, adultery and bearing false witness.

And this November those kids will watch their parents vote for Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 08:52:05 PM by LarryB! »
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: June 24, 2024, 08:53:34 PM »

Would you rather I use stupid, stupid man as you prefer?
Tell me why I am stupid, then.
Can this site handle Ulysses length posts?

Perhaps can be condensed from Joycean wordcount to

Belief is easier than thought.

We all do it to some degree - the world is complex, time is limited.  Memes and slogans offer tempting relief.  Joining a Belief Club provides sense of belonging.   
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: June 24, 2024, 08:56:20 PM »

Would you rather I use stupid, stupid man as you prefer?
Tell me why I am stupid, then.
Can this site handle Ulysses length posts?

Perhaps can be condensed from Joycean wordcount to

Belief is easier than thought.
How?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: June 24, 2024, 09:03:53 PM »

News Note

Nearly half of American electric car owners say they want to go back to internal  combustion vehicles

https://www.eenews.net/articles/46-of-american-ev-drivers-want-to-go-back-to-gas-cars-report/

Cool! More used EVs on the market for consumers who will be getting on the road as the start up phase for the EV charging infrastructure jumps the current hurdles.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: June 25, 2024, 04:52:34 AM »

News Note

Nearly half of American electric car owners say they want to go back to internal  combustion vehicles

https://www.eenews.net/articles/46-of-american-ev-drivers-want-to-go-back-to-gas-cars-report/

I recommend you don't buy one...unless you're extremely rich and have a carport well away from your house under which you can charge it.

Cool! More used EVs on the market for consumers who will be getting on the road as the start up phase for the EV charging infrastructure jumps the current hurdles.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 06:29:25 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: June 25, 2024, 08:09:17 AM »

News Note

I recommend you don't buy one...unless you're extremely rich and have a carport well away from your house under which you can charge it.

Charge mine in our attached garage. You are a gullible ass. Turn off YouTube until you learn discernment.

For what it is worth, that survey runs directly counter to my experience with the score of EV owners I know.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: June 25, 2024, 10:14:23 AM »

I smell a push poll.  Many people have complaints about whatever vehicle they happen to own.  You could probably get me to kvetch about my electric mower and express an occasional urge to go back to a gas mower, on that kind of poll.  The state of the art, with a lot of such electric devices, is not yet matured.  Would I act on the urge, go back to messing with gas cans and oil changes and walking through a cloud of fumes?  Unlikely.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: June 25, 2024, 11:30:18 AM »

I smell a push poll.  Many people have complaints about whatever vehicle they happen to own.  You could probably get me to kvetch about my electric mower and express an occasional urge to go back to a gas mower, on that kind of poll.  The state of the art, with a lot of such electric devices, is not yet matured.  Would I act on the urge, go back to messing with gas cans and oil changes and walking through a cloud of fumes?  Unlikely.
Yeah, if they had asked me in September would the next car I purchase be an EV i would have said no, based on my needs at the time and the age of my two vehicles. If I answered today, my response would be yes, for the same reasons. Questions matter.

- William of Baskerville

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: June 25, 2024, 02:17:21 PM »

I hear a lot of people asking for equity in America, they want equity for the over 200 years that we spent working and building this country and defending it, and the best way to give equity to Americans would be to give a free education to all Americans, help us to help ourselves, and so that we all might get the most out of what America has to offer. Training and preparing Americans for the good jobs and enriching their lives with an education is the best way we can give equity to Americans.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: June 25, 2024, 02:25:25 PM »

Breaking up the 500 largest privately held fortunes and distributing the proceeds to evenly to every man woman and child would be an even better step for the wellbeing of individuals, the health of the economy and the health of democracy in this country.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: June 25, 2024, 02:53:06 PM »

Classic apples and oranges claptrap

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: June 25, 2024, 02:57:12 PM »

Classic apples and oranges claptrap
LOL. I guess you do not follow the news very closely.

- William of Baskerville

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: June 25, 2024, 03:31:47 PM »

Trump is telling the Black people that they are being hurt by immigration, what a bunch of bullshit, Trump is full of shit. All men are equal in America, and Blacks have the opportunity to own Farms and to hire the United Farm Workers, and the Blacks are also educated and trained Agriculture Experts who benefit from Agriculture, etc. The Blacks are not competing with the immigrants for the jobs picking oranges, but instead the Blacks are the bosses for the immigrants, etc.

And like I have been saying, we need to educate all Americans, that can be equity, and once they are educated and trained then they can get the good jobs and they can earn the good money, etc. Instead of picking oranges, then Americans can be the bosses for the United Farm Workers, etc. Americans need to be able to climb higher on the ladder as equity for building and defending this nation for over 200 years. Americans can be the bosses if we educate and train our people to be the bosses.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 03:40:14 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: June 25, 2024, 05:00:49 PM »

Trump is telling the Black people that they are being hurt by immigration, what a bunch of bullshit, Trump is full of shit.

Salute,

Tony V.
True, but it is an effective strategy. If they can get you to blame people with less power than you for your problems, they can continue to fuck you over with your tacit consent. See, for example, everything luee has ever posted.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: June 25, 2024, 06:31:14 PM »

News Note

Charge mine in our attached garage. You are a gullible ass. Turn off YouTube until you learn discernment.

For what it is worth, that survey runs directly counter to my experience with the score of EV owners I know.

They're probably extremely rich...and only drive to work and back, charge up at home.
Try doing anything else and see how you like it then.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 623