Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 624

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200443 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9180 on: June 24, 2024, 04:28:13 PM »

There are least four different ways of counting the 10 Commandments, so any posting of them is making a choice among specific sects of Christianity as well as providing for preferential treatment of Christianity.

Notably Louisiana is mandating the money for the displays come from private sources. Had I the resources I would provide each school in Louisiana a display of the Orthodox Jewish version, in Hebrew. Also, a.copy of the movie poster for Dekalog, which I guess would be a fifth version.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: June 24, 2024, 04:55:38 PM »

I have been looking at photos of people here in the United States during the Great Depression, and we have come so far as a nation. And now that we are rich we need to educate our people, etc, we need to give a free college education to every American who wants one. We earned it, we spent hundreds of years working and building up this nation, our Grandparents experienced the Great Depression, and then they had to fight World War II, etc, we earned the right for a free education for all Americans who want one.

My Grandparents worked hard and rose from being children of the Great Depression to being successful homeowners and business owners, and then my Grandfather started sending everyone in the family to college. He sent my Mother's Cousin Jerry to college to become a Pharmacist and now he owns Cole's Village Pharmacy in Fontana, California, he has had a good life. My Grandfather was killed when I was a baby, so my Grandfather was not alive to send me to college or he would have sent all of my family to college. Then my Father was killed when I was 9 years old. So, I did the best I could, I put myself through community college, and then I went to Acting School, I did the best I could. But, if my Grandfather would have lived then he would have sent me to college, and I support all Americans having the opportunity to attend college.

America is rich now, we are not poor like during the Great Depression, we have worked hard for over 200 years and we have built a successful nation, and the least we can do is to educate our people. And in Kentucky, etc, those coal mining jobs are not coming back, the children of the coal miners need to become doctors, and scientists, and teachers, etc.

I support educating all Americans, we earned it, all of our families had to work together to build America and to defend America, the least we can do is to educate our people.

Being ignorant should be a choice, it should not be forced on people due to poverty, or because the bread-winners died, etc. If you want to be ignorant, then that should be your choice, but for the people who want to study and become productive in better ways then they need to have the opportunity.

( I also support having good public libraries, Abraham Lincoln educated himself with books, we need to make sure our people can read and write and they need access to libraries, etc. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: June 24, 2024, 05:06:05 PM »

Our Constitutional scholar will no doubt have something to say about that.
Does the display of the Ten Commandments offend you?
Is that the Constitutional test?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: June 24, 2024, 05:15:34 PM »

Our Constitutional scholar will no doubt have something to say about that.
Does the display of the Ten Commandments offend you?
Is that the Constitutional test?
I guess your answer to my question is yes.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: June 24, 2024, 05:22:25 PM »

News Note

Nearly half of American electric car owners say they want to go back to internal  combustion vehicles

https://www.eenews.net/articles/46-of-american-ev-drivers-want-to-go-back-to-gas-cars-report/

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: June 24, 2024, 05:23:17 PM »

Whether or not I am offended has nothing to do with Constitutional analysis. I am beyond shocked a scholar does not know that.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: June 24, 2024, 05:37:16 PM »

I saw a bunch of old people sitting in front of a retirement home in their wheel chairs, and they looked sad and pitiful, they need to all be wearing cool sunglasses, while drinking margaritas, and while eating Super Stars with Cheese from Carl's Jr, with happy Rock and Roll music playing. And if they want they can have a joint. With a 5 star feast planned for dinner, and a good movie. They need to kick it up a notch and enjoy life more.

Salute,

Tony V.

I live in a retirement community.
This community is classed as "independent living"...ie; the residents can take care of themselves, or their partners/'outside help' can take care of them if they're ok mentally.

Next step is into 'Aged Care', for the mentally challenged whose partners can no longer look after, and single folk who are in wheel chairs permanently and need high care.

'Aged care' = the 'nursing home' of days gone by.

Yes, the 'young half naked women' of today, are the retirement community/aged care residents women of tomorrow...if they eat all their vegetables and live that long.
Yes, the 'young people' of today are the 'old people' of tomorrow.
Many don't realise that, and treat 'old people' with contempt.
Little do they know that what they allow for the old people of today will be what they'll be suffering when it's their turn in the "retirement village, nursing home bus...having been thru menopause, gained weight, ...and negotiating hair loss, restricted movement, failing eyesight, aches and pains, etc and ridicule from "young people" [not all].

I am very empathetic, sympathetic, and compassionate when it comes to other people, for the aged, as well as for the homeless, and the orphans, etc. And I hate these hard core assholes who only care about money and not about people. The most important thing is people, the money is just a tool to help people.

I fully support providing the best care for our elderly, as well as for our homeless, and for our orphans, etc.

And it is important for our writers and filmmakers and television producers to create good movies and television shows that provide a good example for people.

The Bible tells us to help the homeless and the poor, and to treat other people the way we want to be treated.

Salute,

Tony V.

America/the world needs more people like you in it.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: June 24, 2024, 05:40:13 PM »

Whether or not I am offended has nothing to do with Constitutional analysis. I am beyond shocked a scholar does not know that.
I am  shocked you actually have a belief about something.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: June 24, 2024, 05:41:52 PM »

News Note

Nearly half of American electric car owners say they want to go back to internal  combustion vehicles

https://www.eenews.net/articles/46-of-american-ev-drivers-want-to-go-back-to-gas-cars-report/

Yes, indeed, no great surprise to anyone who lives in the real world and has been paying attention....not just dreaming.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: June 24, 2024, 05:43:58 PM »

I am not shocked you remain a moron.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: June 24, 2024, 05:47:53 PM »

I am not shocked you remain a moron.
Ah. name calling.  Right on cue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 05:51:56 PM by jmmengel »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: June 24, 2024, 05:53:51 PM »

Would you rather I use stupid, stupid man as you prefer?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: June 24, 2024, 06:06:16 PM »

Tell me why I am stupid, then.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: June 24, 2024, 06:34:38 PM »

Tell me why I am stupid, then.

Red is fisting himself, shouting editorials into the mirror and trying to remember how to spell LOL.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 624