Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 684

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 253090 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9405 on: July 08, 2024, 04:56:32 PM »

Having Wilton Parmenter as their CEO probably explains why 99 Cent Only went out of business. Wonder if they will return to a life of crime now.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: July 08, 2024, 05:10:47 PM »

99 Cent Only stores were a lie anyway. Everything was 99.99 cents on the receipt, meaning you had to buy a thousand things to save one penny. Lying, cheating bastards. Glad they folded.
A parrot bit me.

Herpes Trismegistus

• View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: July 08, 2024, 05:44:45 PM »

Having Wilton Parmenter as their CEO probably explains why 99 Cent Only went out of business. Wonder if they will return to a life of crime now.

99, as it happens, was the lifespan of Larry Storch.

It is all connected. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: July 08, 2024, 05:49:42 PM »

It is all connected.
Miller: A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?

A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: July 08, 2024, 05:54:58 PM »

Most of the European world is now going far right politically with the notable exception of the UK.

European conservatives are getting their asses kicked left and right, so to speak.

Vive La France!

France seems to be a slow-learner.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: July 08, 2024, 06:03:48 PM »

Once you teach people how to make honest money, and once they develop good work ethics, etc, then chances are that they will stay honest.

I met a guy in community college in a Creative Writing class who owned the Crazy Otto's restaurants in Lancaster, California, and he told me that once you learn how to make honest money then you can make money anywhere, he told me that you could take it all away from him and drop him naked into any city in the USA and he said he would make the money back and become rich again. He went on to open a Crazy Otto's restaurant in Manhattan, in New York City.

The key to creating honest workers instead of bad criminals is to reward the good behavior, when people are honest and when they work hard then they need to be able to have good lives, that is why we need Labor Unions, and Labor Laws, etc. Honest work needs to be rewarded so that people do not need to be criminals to survive.

We need to educate and train people for honest jobs, and Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can help.

We need to train and teach people to do desirable tasks and then reward them for being honest. When you are honest, and when you work hard, then you need to be able to have a good life.

And avocados are selling for $2 each, the Mexicans are making good money from the avocados, farming is a good honest opportunity for them, and they can have libraries, and tennis courts, and swimming pools, etc, for the people. There is no reason to be a criminal if you can grow avocados. And they can build hospitals, etc, as they prosper.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 06:08:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: July 08, 2024, 06:04:13 PM »

Seems to me that Joe's days as Dem candidate for President are numbered.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: July 08, 2024, 06:07:52 PM »

Seems to me that Joe's days as Dem candidate for President are numbered.
Yes, at 119.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: July 08, 2024, 07:03:56 PM »

According to the NYT, behind a paywall so I am going on reports about the article, a Parkinson's doctor has visited the White House 8 times in the last year. If that is related to Biden's health and he has that diagnosis that changes a lot. There is a wide continuum for the effect of Parkinson's and Biden may be able to mentally function with it - many people do, and for years - but withholding that information would be a major issue.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 07:15:47 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: July 08, 2024, 08:09:43 PM »

Someone threw a water balloon at Danny Trejo and he attacked them violently, and a brawl broke out, and now Danny is saying it is all about Racism, he thinks the negative repercussions for his actions are because he is Mexican-American, he thinks the back-lash is all about Racism; you do not attack people violently just because they threw a water balloon at him, he is a macho violent asshole and that is why he spent his whole life in prison. Danny Trejo is not a good role model for people, he is a macho criminal asshole. So what if he is clean and goes to Narcotics Anonymous, he is still a violent asshole who attacked people over a silly water balloon. I am not a fan of Danny Trejo, and it has nothing to do with him being Mexican-American. Ricardo Montalban was Mexican American too, he was a great role model, and he did a lot for charity, etc.

And it looked so silly, an 80 year old man attacking people like a thug. Over a silly water balloon. Then he says the back lash is all about Racism instead of taking responsibility for his bad behavior and telling the children he was wrong to behave that way. Danny Trejo does not get my respect.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: July 08, 2024, 08:27:02 PM »

It is all connected.
Miller: A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?

Otto: You Forum guys, you are all out to fuckin lunch.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: July 08, 2024, 08:34:38 PM »

Someone threw a water balloon at Danny Trejo and he attacked them violently, and a brawl broke out, and now Danny is saying it is all about Racism, he thinks the negative repercussions for his actions are because he is Mexican-American, he thinks the back-lash is all about Racism; you do not attack people violently just because they threw a water balloon at him, he is a macho violent asshole and that is why he spent his whole life in prison. Danny Trejo is not a good role model for people, he is a macho criminal asshole. So what if he is clean and goes to Narcotics Anonymous, he is still a violent asshole who attacked people over a silly water balloon. I am not a fan of Danny Trejo, and it has nothing to do with him being Mexican-American. Ricardo Montalban was Mexican American too, he was a great role model, and he did a lot for charity, etc.

And it looked so silly, an 80 year old man attacking people like a thug. Over a silly water balloon. Then he says the back lash is all about Racism instead of taking responsibility for his bad behavior and telling the children he was wrong to behave that way. Danny Trejo does not get my respect.

Salute,

Tony V.

How do you think he got be 80? No words for the assholes who targeted him and no one else in 5he parade?

Do not fuck with Machete!

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: July 08, 2024, 09:57:33 PM »

It is all connected.

Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?

Otto: You Forum guys, you are all out to fuckin lunch.
Forum guys are always intense.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: July 08, 2024, 10:17:44 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

How do you think he got be 80? No words for the assholes who targeted him and no one else in 5he parade?

Do not fuck with Machete!

In the old days they hired actors who were trained professionals, now they are lazy and they just hire real criminals. When Paul Newman played Cool Hand Luke it was good acting because Paul was an educated gentleman. And I am sure Paul Newman would not have started a brawl over a water balloon. In the summer in California the children all have squirt guns and water balloons, and a water balloon is not a good reason for a brawl. He should have laughed it off, instead of being violent.

It is hard to get work in the entertainment industry because there are so many crazy people in the world, and people are afraid to work with new people, so that is why we have Julliard, and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and the Actor's Studio, etc, when you look at the resume and see that they took the time to study and train on the art of Acting and got deep in debt to study, then they know you are a committed professional. And a gentleman would never start a brawl over a water balloon. Danny Trejo is certainly not a good role model for the children. But, the criminals and thugs love him, he inspires them. I have no respect for him, and I was never a fan of Machete anyway. Robert Rodriguez accomplished the monumental hard task of making a film and made Danny famous, and he is allowed to hire who he wants, but I do not think that Danny Trejo is a good role model for the children.

In the summer in California lots of people throw water balloons without it turning into a brawl.

And like with Kurt Russel playing Snake Plissken in "Escape From New York" it was great acting because Kurt is a nice polite gentleman in real life, Kurt is a good role model.

Anyhow, I am not a fan of Danny Trejo, but he is rich and famous and I am sure that he does not care what I think, my opinion is not going to hurt him.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: July 09, 2024, 12:14:22 AM »

But I do respect Cheech and Chong as far as filmmakers go, and Cheech has worked with Danny Trejo. And I was friends with Cheech's Uncle Ted who married Cheech's Aunt Maria, Ted was from Ukraine and spent his latter years helping the homeless, he managed homeless shelters here in Orange County, Ted was a great guy and he helped a lot of people. Ted said Cheech is a great guy.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 684