Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243489 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9841 on: August 26, 2024, 03:23:09 PM »

Harry posted, REPLYING TO BAMBU,

She so did not live through the Armenian Genocide but I am not sure what the fuck you think the point of all that is.   

My reply immediately followed, again first paragraph referring to Bambu comments I had skipped,

Didnt read the reply but would guess he is attacking the writer rather than do the mental hod-carrying of thinking about, then answering, her specific points. 

THEN, NEW PARAGRAPH, TO SEPARATELY ADDRESS YOUR COMMENT WHICH I HAD READ...

Then Dimjick pretended he was a centrist, fooling no one and making the writers point about words whose purpose is to obfuscate.

Hope that clears things up .   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: August 26, 2024, 03:32:57 PM »

Harry posted, REPLYING TO BAMBU,

She so did not live through the Armenian Genocide but I am not sure what the fuck you think the point of all that is.   

My reply immediately followed, again first paragraph referring to Bambu comments I had skipped,

Didnt read the reply but would guess he is attacking the writer rather than do the mental hod-carrying of thinking about, then answering, her specific points. 

THEN, NEW PARAGRAPH, TO SEPARATELY ADDRESS YOUR COMMENT WHICH I HAD READ...

Then Dimjick pretended he was a centrist, fooling no one and making the writers point about words whose purpose is to obfuscate.

Hope that clears things up .
Only for you in your fantasy world of making up statements that were in response to nothing I said.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: August 26, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »

In your reply, it appeared you were deliberately misunderstanding the writers point, and Rabids point, and then offering a definition of centrist which was not at all what Mahdawi was talking about, so you could somehow dismiss her points about HOW THE WORD HAS BECOME A MISLEADING TERM FOR A STATIC AND RIGID ADHERENCE TO THE STATUS QUO OF ENDLESS BLOODY WAR AND GENOCIDAL MURDER OF PALESTINIAN CIVILIANS AND THEFT OF THEIR HOMES AND LANDS.   

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/22/centrism-language-israel-gaza

One of the most brilliant columns written on the Gaza War and the Orwellian use of language to get people to deny what their eyes are telling them.   And to embrace a false "moderate" position when they are just affirming a status quo that was never really a wise or sensible center.

The writer, Arwa Mahdawi, is one of the most incisive political writers presently working for any news outlet.

She is not even close

Centrists want change in a structured, gradual, political atmospheres.

Status Quoists want no change(from Latin)because they are resistant to change.
Israel has, for nearly 80 years stood ready for a change from the Arabs and, despite progress, is facing Hamas et al who only want the status quo , which is to consistently push for the annihilation  of the Jewish people.
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: August 26, 2024, 04:00:03 PM »

In your reply, it appeared you were deliberately misunderstanding the writers point, and Rabids point, and then offering a definition of centrist which was not at all what Mahdawi was talking about, so you could somehow dismiss her points about HOW THE WORD HAS BECOME A MISLEADING TERM FOR A STATIC AND RIGID ADHERENCE TO THE STATUS QUO OF ENDLESS BLOODY WAR AND GENOCIDAL MURDER OF PALESTINIAN CIVILIANS AND THEFT OF THEIR HOMES AND LANDS.   

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/22/centrism-language-israel-gaza

One of the most brilliant columns written on the Gaza War and the Orwellian use of language to get people to deny what their eyes are telling them.   And to embrace a false "moderate" position when they are just affirming a status quo that was never really a wise or sensible center.

The writer, Arwa Mahdawi, is one of the most incisive political writers presently working for any news outlet.

She is not even close

Israel has, for nearly 80 years stood ready for a change from the Arabs and, despite progress, is facing Hamas et al who only want the status quo , which is to consistently push for the annihilation  of the Jewish people.
Jeez, Louise, you should know by now that RedDick is, first, an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR who will say anything in an argument and, 2., does not really consider Palestinians human, or their concerns and issues worth troubling about.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: August 26, 2024, 04:23:13 PM »

She is not even close

Jeez, Louise, you should know by now that RedDick is, first, an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR who will say anything in an argument and, 2., does not really consider Palestinians human, or their concerns and issues worth troubling about.
You and Louise make such a lovely couple.
How long has this been going on?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: August 26, 2024, 04:31:25 PM »

She is not even close

That is arguably one way out of the box for you.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: August 26, 2024, 04:34:08 PM »

She is not even close

Just the opposite. Everything I posted is fact.
you did not even try.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: August 26, 2024, 04:39:40 PM »

She is not even close

you did not even try.
Your inability to properly define the word "fact" is known and established.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: August 26, 2024, 04:51:37 PM »

She is not even close

you did not even try.
I have the dictionary and history on my side.
You have Louise and insults.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: August 26, 2024, 05:05:01 PM »

She is not even close

you did not even try.
Everything i posted is facts.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: August 26, 2024, 05:11:57 PM »

She is not even close

you did not even try.
Everything i posted is facts.
Your name may be a fact, but nothing  else does.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: August 26, 2024, 05:27:05 PM »

Jeez, Louise

I had expected to see a Jeez, Louise soon after letting Louise take over my account (and posting a falsely cleaned up version of herself in a stock photo).  That Jimdick has somehow conflated Louise with a human female persona is kind of an added bonus. 

Though given what some MAGAists like to do with pussies, perhaps I should provide Louise with some kind of protective garment while visiting Elba.   

Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: August 26, 2024, 05:29:06 PM »

Hairy Lime s name is a fact?  Are you positing that your interlocutor is in reality a hair-covered tropical citrus fruit? 
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: August 26, 2024, 05:34:51 PM »

Hairy Lime s name is a fact?  Are you positing that your interlocutor is in reality a hair-covered tropical citrus fruit?
In addition to a dictionary RedDick needs a primer on basic sentence structure.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 669