Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 25, 2018, 04:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 163
  Print  
Author Topic: Meander Where You May  (Read 31726 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »

Discuss any literary topic that strikes your fancy.
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 03:37:31 AM »

Where are all the old messages (that were posted before the reorganization) of the Elba site?  Um, this is not literary, but where is the "Food" discussion?  You know, the one for talking about food and its preparation and such matters as might be raised in that regard.
prairiepop

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:52:16 AM »

Yo, donotremove!  Had the same problem--where's the OLD stuff, said I...well, I bookmarked the old site and kept it, have bookmarked/icon'd the new one, and can can check who's being outrageous on the old site whilst [don't you love that elegance?] waiting for things to mulch up in the new one.  Sigh.  Good question for the webmaster/admin, tho, is will any of the old site stuff be transferred onto the new?  Will all of it disappear?  Good suggestion about the Foodie topic, probably admin will start folding in some golden oldies topics...but don't you love the style blox? Say yes! Written in letters of fire!
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:02:28 AM »

I can bring back the food and dining section.  There didn't seem to be much interest at the time so I didn't migrate it, but I can certainly bring it back. 

I'm going to try to export messages from the other forum but because the ciphers were incompatible, I need members to re-register here so I can try to tie the posts with the member
prairiepop

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »

Good thinking, admin!  Once more of us have re-registered, you can become the Great Mover and shift some of the nuggets we dug up...?  On second thought [Maybe not ALL of 'em from National, OK?
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »

I will see how easily I can make the migration -- I'm not really sure on the feasibility yet.  If you want to look at the old forum, you can see it here:

http://www.escapefromelba.com/forums2/

I'll wipe it out eventually but for the time being I'll leave it up until I figure out whether I can export the data or not without corrupting this database

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
teddy174c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »

Liquidsilver -- by the way, were you ever known by another name on the old Meander?  Thanks for link to old Exiles.

whiskeypriest

Group: Members
April 20, 2007 @ 12:30 PM
QUOTE:
On the whole, a slow reader as always.
By the way, how you coming on A Frolic of One's Own?

Whiskey -- a quick search indicates it remains on my shelf. 
teddy174c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »

Is it still possible to reply to a particular post?  I wanted to greet donotremove, a familiar name, but find no "reply" on his/her post.
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »

Teddy, I don't understand all I know about it, but I think this (here, now, where I'm writing and appearing) is a "thread" started by the administrator.  You just go to the bottom of the present posts and click on "reply" (far left).  I do not know how to start a new thread (I hate these thread things, anyway).  Regardless of all that tech stuff, a big Texas Howdy to my favorite Canadian.  I mostly lurk but I'm just delighted that you're "around."
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 11:52:06 AM »

Liquidsilver -- by the way, were you ever known by another name on the old Meander?  Thanks for link to old Exiles.

whiskeypriest

Group: Members
April 20, 2007 @ 12:30 PM
QUOTE:
On the whole, a slow reader as always.
By the way, how you coming on A Frolic of One's Own?

Whiskey -- a quick search indicates it remains on my shelf. 
liq was always liq, but he pretty much was confined to the sports forums, I think.

Oddly, Frolic is in one of the boxes of books in my basement, the bookmark firmly implanted at page 47.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 11:55:58 AM »

Is it still possible to reply to a particular post?  I wanted to greet donotremove, a familiar name, but find no "reply" on his/her post.

You can use the quote button which will dump the post that you are responding to in the editor as a quote.

You can also click the 'messages icon' to the left of the subject.  This works best if someone else has called their message by a different subject as it will put a 're:' in front of the subject of your post's reply -- if that makes any sense.

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »

You can use the quote button which will dump the post that you are responding to in the editor as a quote.

You can also click the 'messages icon' to the left of the subject.  This works best if someone else has called their message by a different subject as it will put a 're:' in front of the subject of your post's reply -- if that makes any sense.
Would it be at all possible to make the font on the quoted posts any smaller?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »

woweee wow!
prairiepop

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:29:53 PM »

Yo desdemona!  move IT move IT move IT
teddy174c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 08:47:08 PM »

Teddy, I don't understand all I know about it, but I think this (here, now, where I'm writing and appearing) is a "thread" started by the administrator.  You just go to the bottom of the present posts and click on "reply" (far left).  I do not know how to start a new thread (I hate these thread things, anyway).  Regardless of all that tech stuff, a big Texas Howdy to my favorite Canadian.  I mostly lurk but I'm just delighted that you're "around."

Donot -- I have my answer from Liquid Silver -- it's the Quote button!  What an astonishing array of formatting buttons -- including all the expressive face icons Meander went to battle over a few years ago!  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 163
  Print  

Jump to: