Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 9955 times)

liquidsilver

• View Profile
Gardening
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »

Share your gardening tips.

Anniebarlett

• View Profile
Re: Gardening
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:51:11 AM »

Gardening is so wonderful action. My father loves to do gardening. He loves to maintain his garden. He grows different types of vegetables, plants in the garden. I have noticed that for the proper maintenance of the garden and vegetables he always contact (a particular firm in California) for pest control in his garden. Regular pest control keeps the garden pest free and makes the environment clean. Various other methods are also used to maintain the garden and for gardening such as looking after the crops on regular basis, providing water to plants on times. Proper usage of pesticides.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 03:45:56 PM by josh »

barton

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:45:09 PM »

And here i thought the robots were going to start killing us off, like in Terminator II.

Who knew they were going to bore us to death??

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 01:30:32 AM »

And here i thought the robots were going to start killing us off, like in Terminator II.

Who knew they were going to bore us to death??

She had a link in that one - I replaced it with the parenthetical text. But it was an on target link, at least!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »

I had a neighbor in Malibu who used to work in her garden naked. One time she had a broken pipe on her property and water was flowing onto our property and so I knocked on her door to tell her and she answered the door completely naked.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 09:57:38 PM »

orianthi

2 hours

Gonna try this tanning thing out again, cannot wait for you all to hear this new album and live dvd / documentary

@frontiersmusicsrl

---------------

There are some great places for you to tan here in California; we have the swimming pool at the Beverly Hills Hotel where they will bring you drinks while you tan. And we have Westward Beach in Malibu where you can have filet mignon and wine at the Sunset Restaurant while you watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean after a day of tanning on the beach. We also have Latigo Beach in Malibu if you want a good private beach where the stars go. And there is Paradise Cove which is also cool, and they have 24 hour security.

Enjoy!

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »

The couple had named their find Doug, which they took to spelling Dug, after the way it was unearthed. The tuber became something of a local celebrity, after the couple began posting photos of it on Facebook with a hat on and even built a cart to tow it around.

https://apnews.com/article/worlds-largest-potato-doug-a440afd3c656018c585078ed3ac18970

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 05:15:56 PM »

Picked some stuff today.  Carrots have a little way to go.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 05:45:06 PM by NotYourAverageSockPuppet »

Holly Martins

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 07:30:22 PM »

Nice.  And a hat tip to your nom de plume.

Impressed that some of those are so far along in July.

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »

Cabbage get started early (late April/early May) because they like cool weather.  I think this variety was a 65-75 day variety, so it's right on schedule.  (And they're delicious -- made a simple salad of shredded cabbage, julienned carrot, sweet onion, and shredded chicken breast, topped with coarsely chopped peanuts and a lime-based dressing.)   Time to seed for the second crop to be harvested Octoberish. 

Sun Gold maters are our first to ripen; the big ones take longer. The eggplant are a bit of a surprise, but it's been pretty warm. (Hmmm, I wonder why.....) They are actually a trap crop for flea beetles to distract the nasty critters from the potatoes, and anything we get is  a bonus.  Along that line, onions went in this year solely to mask the lettuce, spinach, carrots, beans, etc. from the resident critters.  Apparently, since we now don't care how they do, the onions are doing freakin' great.

Thank you for your comment!

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 07:53:07 PM »

Picked a couple real tomatoes today, so woo hoo.  Otherwise, appearances by the local fauna were the highlight of the day.  Hummingbirds are here, but the little bastards zip away as soon as the camera makes an appearance. They're fun though.  Today's guests, a goldfinch (Harold) and one of about a billion bunnies.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 12:56:00 PM »

Today's guests, a goldfinch (Harold) and one of about a billion bunnies.

Harold?  Wait, that's a nod to Person of Interest?  Nice.

The bunny, looking at the hind legs almost looks like a hare, but the ears are too small for a hare, so yeah a rabbit. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 01:15:13 PM »

Yes to the PoI reference. (I still miss that show, but love Emerson's stuff in Evil.)  The female goldfinch is Maude, so we are guilty of mixing media.  More stuff coming ripe, fighting a rodent for our tomatoes and losing.  I've seen a squirrel in a neighboring plot, but also saw a really rotund chipmunk running around, so who knows?  Either way, it does not bode well for the pumpkins and butternut.

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 04:34:58 PM »

Happy Potato Day!  Also, flickers were everywhere (in addition to the usual avian visitors).

Pages: [1] 2