Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Meander Where You May  (Read 16725 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Meander Where You May
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2022, 09:35:37 PM »

Here is my student film from USC film school, I was handsome like James Garner and like Michael Landon, and I had good training, and I had a couple of years of college, and I studied hard. I really tried to make myself a good person who they would want to hire, I wanted to make myself as desirable as possible as a person who they would want to hire, but I never got any work. So, if no one is going to hire me, then I need to rise to the top and create jobs for myself as well as creating jobs for other people, I can be the guy to help the other people. Anyhow, I attended a great acting school, and I was handsome, and I lived in Malibu, I just did not have the right connections. And also, some people at the top were jealous of me, I think, because I was better trained and more handsome than a lot of people in the industry.

https://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ

I am happy that I at least was able to make a student film to show people. I would like to do more student films. I would be doing student films for free everyday if I could, and I wish my neighbors were all film students. Chapman is close, I need to go there an have lunch and check it out, and see if I can get help there. I also want to see how I look on film now that I am 54 years old. I am healthy and I exercise and eat well, and I quit smoking cigarettes, we will see.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2022, 11:38:58 PM »

Life can be brutal, I certainly am not alone in having suffered, Roy Rogers used to say that our suffering was what unites humanity.

One of my Buddies from when I worked at a summer camp for the Burbank YMCA as a teen ended up homeless after he turned 18 years old, his Father made him move out when he turned 18 and he did not have anywhere to go. He ended up homeless in Burbank. I used to go visit my Buddy in the homeless shelter in Burbank, and it was so sad. He was a good guy, and he worked hard, he was not a drug addict, he was a good guy, and it did not make any sense for him to be homeless. He ended up joining the Army so that he could get a job and housing and their other benefits.

When I was homeless the Army was not an option, because I am color blind, and the Army will not accept you if you are color blind. I also could never be a cop, because I cannot see the color of clothing and cars, etc.

Anyhow, life is hard, and as the jobs from Burbank left for other places then the people of Burbank suffered, and good people ended up homeless. My Buddy was a good honest guy and there was no reason for him to be homeless. If he had honest opportunity then he would have seized it.

After my Buddy joined the Army then I never saw him again. He joined the Army and he started a new life, and then he left his old life and his old Buddies behind. Life can be brutal.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2022, 01:06:25 AM »

As we work to help the homeless in Los Angeles then the problem is too big just to get the people into group homes via Wellness Centers like we are doing in Orange County. In the OC the people can go to the Wellness Center to get into a group home and then get into permanent housing from there, but the problem is too big to handle the situation that way in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles we need to ship some of the homeless to live and work in Gardens in Merced, California, and in Napa, California, and in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and the people can grow food, and they can raise animals, and they can make cheese, etc. And the people can export food to feed the workers in China, etc. And the workers can feed the people in San Francisco, etc.

We need to get the workers to build Santorini, Greece, style apartments in Merced, and in Napa, here in California, and in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and the homeless can be bused to work in Gardens growing food and raising animals and making cheese, and making wine, etc. The problem is too big in Los Angeles to just get them all into group homes, like we do in the OC, instead Los Angeles needs to send people to live and work in other areas outside of Los Angeles.

And we have refugees, and immigrants, along with the homeless people, we need to help a lot of people. We need to build housing for a lot of people and we need to get them all working to grow food and raise animals and to make cheese, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 01:36:26 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2022, 04:17:21 AM »

I had a friend who used to help the homeless people, and he was one of my heroes and I was proud to have him for a friend. He was a combat medic in the Marine Corps in Desert Storm, and he spent 20 years basically working as a doctor in Pennsylvania for the military, and then he went to work helping the homeless. My friend Lisa owed group homes with about a hundred people, and my friend put the people in her houses to work at Angel Stadium selling hot dogs and beers at ball games in order to raise money for charity to feed the hungry people, my friend paid the workers per diam just to give them a little cash, and then the money that they raised all went to a group called Canning Hunger, my friend raised over one million dollars to help to feed the hungry people, while at the same time providing a healthy activity for the people in the group homes. My friend also sold hot dogs and beer with his crew at the Rose Bowl, and at concerts, and other events, they worked whenever they could and they tried to stay busy.

My friend was a great leader, and he helped a lot of people in the group homes. He died about 7 years ago, I miss him.

I am not great like he was so far as going into the group homes and organizing all of the people and putting the people to work at Angel Stadium. I can send people ideas, and I can suggest stuff, but my friend actually created opportunities for people and he raised money for charity.

For me, I thought about going to Santa Fe, New Mexico, to teach acting to the Native American Indians who have their new movie studio that Robert Redford helped the Indians to build, the Camel Rock Studios. And I can direct, and write, and act, etc. But, I doubt I will do it. I wish the best to the Indians, but my best opportunities might be local at the local film school if I can ever get there. I might be able to accomplish a lot right here at my local film school. I just need to get myself down there. And maybe I can work with the Indians in the future. I really do support the Native American Indians. And my ancestors were Cowboys and Indians, I need to do a blood test but I am sure I am part Indian.

I also had the idea of organizing the homeless and helping them to grow and produce food and to help them to build housing, etc, and busing the people there to live and work, in Napa, and in Merced, here in California, and in Battle Mountain, Nevada, we will see what I can do, I can at least keep sending ideas to people.

I also may get involved with helping the Pope, and the Catholic Church, to help the homeless and the refugees and the immigrants, the Catholic Church is on my team, and I love the Pope. I have been sending ideas to the Catholic Church.

The best way to get over depression is to get busy helping other people, and I try to help others whenever I can. And a beautiful model in Italy told me that all of my dreams might come true while doing charity work and while helping the poor and the needy and the Foster Children, and the homeless, etc. And someday I hope to have a beautiful wife as a teammate and partner, and we can work together to help the Foster Children, and the homeless people, etc. And it would be cool to find a wife who wants to write and produce with me, etc.

Anyhow, I watched my friend succeed in helping the homeless, and I was proud to have him as a friend. He never made any money, and he died poor, but he helped a lot of people. He deserved a better life than he had, but he had the respect of a lot of people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »

As we work to get people into housing, we need to remember that many people have bad credit, and many people have evictions on their record, and many people have a hard time finding a place to live. So, we need to have websites such as Craig's List where people can find a room for rent, or an apartment for rent, that will rent to them even if they have bad credit.

Here is a link for an example of what we need more of...

https://boise.craigslist.org/search/apa

Also, there is a fantastic new program with our local community college working together with Disney to train people for jobs at Disney. Fullerton College is now working together with Disney so that people can go right to work for Disney after they graduate. Instead of coming out of school poor with no employment opportunities, then the people need to be able to go to school and train with the specific purpose of going to work for Disney when they graduate. And the homeless people in group homes can go to Fullerton College to train for jobs at Disney, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2022, 07:32:22 PM »

I am living Mediterranean style, I walk and ride my bicycle everyday, and I eat Mediterranean food, and I drink red wine. The Italians live longer than everyone else, so if I live Mediterranean style then I will be healthier and I will live longer.

Tonight after it cools down I am going to walk to get a pastrami sandwich for dinner, I am craving pastrami. It is nice to get out and walk, and that is what they do in Italy, they all get out and walk to the market, and they go for walks in the evening, etc.

I can get by if I live a simple and cheap Mediterranean style life. I gave up my car, and I quit smoking cigarettes, and I can get by, and in the Mediterranean all of the people live the same cheap simple life that I am living right now. Very few people in Rome own cars, and they all walk and ride bicycles. I live simple, and I try to be grateful for the little things. I appreciate good food, and I am grateful to have a nice apartment in a good neighborhood with good stores and good parks in my area.

The world is going to love my poetry book whenever I can get it published, and the world will love my movie script when it becomes a film, but meanwhile I just need to keep it simple and be grateful for the little things.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2022, 03:09:51 PM »

Today is the anniversary of the death of my Father, he died on September 14, 1977, I was 9 years old.

We were living in Lebanon, Oregon, and I was in the 5th Grade at Griggs Elementary School. I had a girlfriend, Michelle Lynn, and she was the prettiest girl in the school, her family owned race horses and she had a race track on her ranch, etc, and I used to help her with the horses, I always thought that if my Father would have lived then I would have married Michelle, but you never know, we were only 9, but for me it was love. My Mother is from California, so after my Father died we moved back to California where I was born and where my Mother is from. I never saw Michelle again after I moved back to California. Certainly my life would have been different if my Father would have lived, I would maybe be married to Michelle, living in Oregon, and I would probably be working in the horse racing industry. ( My Grandfather was a good horse trainer, and I am good with animals, I might have ended up as a horse trainer for race horses, working with Michelle. )

My Father was a good man, and his funeral was huge, it was like a President died. My Father was well loved. He studied Business at Pepperdine here in California in Malibu, and he worked as a Hay Broker in Oregon, buying hay before it was planted and then selling and delivering the hay to dairies and to ranches, etc. He died while delivering hay to a ranch in Oregon, he was killed by lightening.

Rest in peace, Dad.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2022, 09:12:58 PM »

It is important to have a good neighborhood and to be friendly with your neighbors.

Where I live most of my neighbors speak Spanish, but they are mostly hard working parents, and a lot of the people here are related, their parents and cousins and stuff live here, people brought their extended families to this complex. It is nice here, and they are good people, but they speak Spanish and I speak English, so we are not really that close. But, we do not have any drug dealers nor domestic abusers, so it is good. We have mostly good honest hard working Mexicans here, and this is the neighborhood where they choose to raise their families. This is the good side of town where the immigrants come to raise their children.

But, it is hard because I cannot really be friends with the neighbors, and we do not really have anything in common. I am reminded of how great it was at Empire West when I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, the whole building was full of people from the Entertainment Industry, you could make movies with your neighbors. I would love to have neighbors who I could make movies with. Even film students from Chapman would be great to have as neighbors. I would just love to have neighbors who I could write movies and television shows with, and who I could act and produce with.

Malibu was nice too, and I had a lot of people in the Entertainment Industry in my neighborhood there, it was great.

I have been in this apartment for almost 20 years, and while I am grateful I would love to be someplace where I could have a girlfriend and friends and people to work with in the Entertainment Industry.

My Uncle Dennis lived in a complex where the whole complex was on heroin, and I am grateful that my neighbors are not drug addicts and drug dealers. The people here are all clean, and they are poor working Mexicans with children to raise.

In Italy there is Cinecitta in Rome, and all of the people are Christians like me, so I fit in with the people in Italy. It would be nice to open a night club in Rome, and maybe I can produce Christian bands and have the Christian bands play at my club. Italy is the Christian Capital of the world, everyone there is Christian, and I love that. I love to live someplace where we all obey the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule.

Anyhow, I have been here for almost 20 years, and it is safe and nice, I just wish I had friends here who I have stuff in common with, like if I lived at Empire West, or in Malibu, or in Rome. I keep wanting to go to the film school to explore, and to reach out to try to meet new friends, but I have not made it there yet. They also have workshops and stuff for the public at the film school. So, I am grateful to have a film school here, I just need to go find it and check it out.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2022, 02:17:31 PM »

After attending community college and acting school, I moved to Malibu and I got a job as a limousine driver for Gemstar, and we were the official limousine service for the Jay Leno show. There was a rumor that they were going to start a new show in the middle of the night, and that they were looking for someone new to do the show. I told them that I would do it. But, nothing ever came of it, the show was never made.

But, later on I did an interview of my friend Jon who played guitar for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and for Suicidal Tendencies, you get to see what I would have been like if I had my own interview show, I might be good for MTV in the middle of the night, interviewing people.

Here is an interview that I did some time back...

https://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2022, 01:05:58 PM »

A cool thing about Anaheim is that everyday we get 50,000 new tourists arriving here who have nothing but love for Disney and for Anaheim, and they come here to enjoy themselves and they spend money here.

Everyday is a new day, with 50,000 new people here.

My dearly departed friend Tom used to take homeless people who were living in shelters to sell hot dogs and beer at Angel Stadium, they would clean the people up, and get them on medication and into therapy, etc, and N/A, etc, and Tom would take the people to sell hot dogs and beer at sporting events and at concerts, etc. Tom helped to raise over one million dollars for charity with his crew selling hot dogs and beer.

Every day is a new day, with 50,000 new tourists to sell stuff to.

And now we have Fullerton Community College training people for jobs with Disney, it is wonderful, people can go right to work for Disney when they graduate. Disney is a wonderful company, and we are lucky to have Disney here in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »

One business that would succeed in Anaheim big time would be a Jody Maroni's Sausage Kingdom, they have locations in Venice Beach, as well as at Universal Studios, and it would be perfect to open a location at Downtown Disney. I called and talked with Jody and he sent me a packet to take to an investor to try to get the money to open the location at Disney, but my friend who I was going to try to get the seed money from died. She was rich, and she would have helped me, but I waited too long to go talk with her about it, and she died. She was cool, she gave her Son an apartment building in Hollywood for his Birthday present for his 18th Birthday. She gave him an apartment building as a gift, that was how rich she was. She would for sure have helped me, but I waited too long, may she rest in peace. But if anyone has a wealthy connection or a good banker then they can check out the idea of opening a Jody Maroni's at Downtown Disney.

http://www.jodymaroni.com/

Oki Dog in Hollywood would succeed at Downtown Disney too.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »

Today is national coffee day, I love coffee. My favorite was in Rome where I could go to Gianni's coffee shop and I could get a cappuccino for sixty cents, made by Thelma. Thelma was a very beautiful woman, and she did not speak English, and I could not speak Italian, but we got along great, Thelma was great.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2022, 03:46:44 PM »

I think that the people who are living in the apartments in Hollywood for the people from the Entertainment Industry are lucky, I would love to have neighbors who were actors and writers and filmmakers.

And Empire West where Suzanne Pleshette lived was great, the whole building was full of people in the Entertainment Industry.

Malibu is cool too, there are a lot of people from the Entertainment Industry in Malibu.

I would love to be able to create art with my neighbors, and to be able to help each other and network.

Right now where I live my neighbors mostly speak Spanish, and they are good people, but there is no one here who can teach me about the programs that I need for my Apple laptop to share my movie script, and also to publish my poetry book.

My only chance here is to go to the film school and have lunch and check it out, and see if I can make new friends and new connections at the film school. And I can act in student films.

I loved my time at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts because I was surrounded by artists who shared common dreams with me. It was a special time for me.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2022, 02:07:03 PM »

Tony, you wrote:
"Anyhow, I spent my Stimulus Money to buy an Apple Laptop to use to publish my book, and to make or sell my movie script, but I do not know how to use it and I do not have the right programs on it, and also I need to get a wireless router, I am using a 20 year old dsl for my internet connection on a 20 year old HP computer."

Clearly, the Apple laptop was a mistake, but it doesn't have to be permanent.

1) What software do you need/want to use?

2) What aspects of using it do you not currently understand?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2022, 03:18:06 PM »

Tony, you wrote:
"Anyhow, I spent my Stimulus Money to buy an Apple Laptop to use to publish my book, and to make or sell my movie script, but I do not know how to use it and I do not have the right programs on it, and also I need to get a wireless router, I am using a 20 year old dsl for my internet connection on a 20 year old HP computer."

Clearly, the Apple laptop was a mistake, but it doesn't have to be permanent.

1) What software do you need/want to use?

2) What aspects of using it do you not currently understand?

Thanks Josh.

My first goals are to be able to share my movie script that I already wrote, and to be able to publish my poetry book with Barnes and Noble. So, I need some type of word processor to put the script onto the computer, and then some program to send it, and then to be able to share it. And I need to be able to put my poetry book onto the computer, and then I need to be able to publish my poetry book with Barnes and Noble.

Chapman film school said that the programs to make movies are...

Final Draft Pro - Screenwriting

Entertainment Partners Movie Magic - Budgeting and Scheduling

Adobe Premier, Avid Media Composer, Black Magic, Davinci Resolve - Editing

Avid Pro Tools - Sound Design

Mac Pages, PDF - To Publish with Barnes and Noble

Those are what the film students are using at Chapman film school.

The studio pros are all using Final Draft Pro for Screenwriting.

I was thinking about going to the film school and hiring a tutor to help me. I feel so silly, owning this Apple is like owning a beautiful bicycle and not knowing how to ride a bicycle. I want to learn how to use this computer, and my script and my poetry book are like money in the bank I just need to share my script to get it made, and publish my book.

And I had dreams of sitting around with a team eating pizza writing stuff, and I would like to find a girlfriend who wants to write with me, and we can produce, and publish, etc.

I saved my money for a long time and then used all of the stimulus on my Apple lap top, and I need to learn how to use it, and I need to get the right programs put onto it. It is like learning how to ride a bicycle.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:20:21 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11