Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874048 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17370 on: July 26, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #17371 on: July 26, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »

And BTW, Trump should be incentivized to publicly disavow Putin's help, pledge to not disseminate materials they steal on the campaign trail, and make clear that he will punish not reward anyone who attempts to interfere in our elections, as would be expected of the President of the United States.

But for some reason, he hasn't.  While Republicans block bills meant to help secure our elections hours after being warned that they are at this very moment vulnerable.

You don't need to read behind the lines, here.  This is theft in plain sight.

Putin wants that kind of attention

Trump wont give it - and thus keeps the upper hand

Hitchen's razor.  Again saving time.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: July 26, 2019, 09:30:34 AM »

facts do upset you.

Yup.  Here are some facts that upset me:

Fact: Russia stole from and deceived Americans in order to interfere in our election to help Trump.
Fact: Russians made numerous contacts with the Trump campaign to offer that help.
Fact: The Trump Campaign welcomed that help, while they lied about the existence of a real estate deal in Moscow.
Fact: No one from the campaign reported these contacts or interference to the FBI, while lying about who they thought was behind the attack.
Fact: After the election Trump and his associates lied to cover up their complicity in the Russian attack.
Fact: After the election Trump has rewarded the attack by advocating for lifting sanctions on Russia, and welcomed a new one by publicly siding with Putin over his own intelligence community.

These facts upset me, as they do any American patriot.  That these facts don't upset you because corporate tax cuts is neither upsetting nor surprising because I know exactly what you are.  And it amuses me that you think your thin baseless arguments give you cover.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: July 26, 2019, 09:39:19 AM »

While I am not a fan of the British by any means, I think that they should apologize for all of the fuss, and they should stick with the European Union.

They are better off being united instead of being divided.

Salute,

Tony V.

Nah man

So much has gone into it.  Brexit will be seen through
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #17375 on: July 26, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »

Faux had to portray Mueller as feeble and doddering because ad hominem is their entire method for discrediting a source of facts.   IOW, their news analysis is based on a logic fallacy that was well understood going back to ancient Greece. 

Boris, like 45, is a chap who would take his country off a cliff just to enjoy the wind in his hair.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: July 26, 2019, 11:30:50 AM »

While I am not a fan of the British by any means, I think that they should apologize for all of the fuss, and they should stick with the European Union.

They are better off being united instead of being divided.

Salute,

Tony V.

Nah man

So much has gone into it.  Brexit will be seen through

Some athletes are praised for having Mamba Mentality. Kiid doesn’t have that. Kiid has Lemming Mentality. It’s part of why he kisses up and kicks down.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »

Growth in the economy shrank a full point, from 3.1% to 2.1%, from the first to the second quarter. Shame the sugar addicts burnt all our corrective capital on tax scams and similar foolish schemes. Trump could be bolstering his re-election pitch with 5 straight quarters of declining growth and one or two quarters of actual shrinkage.

I known that sounded naughty, but I don’t mean the shrinkage Bambi get when confronted with women. By shrinkage I refer to economic contraction, the usual result of republican mismanagement.

We’re going to have to add to the wealth tax package in 2021 just to make the infrastructure package stimulating enough to stabilize the markets.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: July 26, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »

Lying motherfuckers...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/25/border-patrol-chief-testifies-francisco-galicia-never-claimed-us-citizenship-document-says-otherwise

But Luee and Bambee think it's not the lawmen's fault. So, we should forgive the racist border patrol chief (who belongs to a racist facebook group).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: July 26, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »

When snowflakes get caught out, they lie incessantly to retroactively cover their flabby (they are always flabby) asses. It never works. We see it every day with Red.

We should make her a piñata as a going away present.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #17381 on: July 26, 2019, 12:38:13 PM »

F'torn:

Bill Weld gets all of California’s delegates in the republican primary. It’s an important step on the path to saving western civilization from its inbred ingrates.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d2829a8e4b0bd7d1e1a0e31

I usually agree on transparency, but has Newsom dragged his feet on signing this?  I can't find anything in the past two weeks since your article on House passage, that actually says SB 27 was signed into law.  And it may be a fair point that SCOTUS, in the Thornton (1994) decision, has rejected states altering the filing requirements for federal candidates. 

I say "fair point," because generally states have rejected asking for other personal documents, some of which privacy rights advocates and Constitutionalists would reject.  The usual argument is that voters already have the power to reject candidates who will not voluntarily makes disclosures that are in our interest, i.e. in the interest of making a sound decision when we vote.  Just sayin, not sure that SB27 would hold up under Court scrutiny, as amusing it might be to watch cartoon steam emanate from Der 45's ears. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: July 26, 2019, 12:51:18 PM »

Since the only party with standing that would have any interest in making a legal challenge is trump, who has done nothing for the past 4-6 years that doesn’t prove beyond any doubt the imminent necessity of such a measure, full disclosure of his and all his companies’ financial records over that period would be demanded by the DA defending the law as central to its rigorous defense.

The republican platform is to make us all vassals to Russia. Their only strategy to win any race this cycle is to beg and bargain for Russian help as hacking, psyops, or any other sick ploy these miserable junkies scrounge up. It’s why trump, McConnell, and Graham are all doing the chickenhead shuffle non stop. They know the score. They are totally Kremlin dependent and ready to stay turned out.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #17383 on: July 26, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »

Actually, many constitutional adherents would have problems with SB 27.  If you get a moment, read Justice Stevens opinion on Thornton, which is a case that maybe broadly sets a precedent about states altering qualifications for federal races.  Don't get wrong - a constitutional amendment that enacts the tax returns requirement for ALL states would get around Thornton and for sure be a healthy tonic for democracy. 

Also, mind blown this morning by a NEW REPORT THAT ACTUALLY EXPLAINS CLEARLY WTF "IRISH BACKSTOP" MEANS...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-backstop-factbox/factbox-what-is-the-irish-backstop-at-the-heart-of-brexit-impasse-idUSKCN1UL265?il=0

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 4288