Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870360 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17655 on: August 01, 2019, 01:07:38 PM »

None of the candidates is “irrelevant” even if you think he/she cannot win
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: August 01, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »

"Dipping into the koolaid and you don't know the flavor..."

I knew Booker would kick some ass and show his ease at thinking on his feet.  Good job of calling Biden on his tired obfuscations.  And Biden generally seems on the defensive, continually pointing to his Obama seal of approval.   Again, I'm impressed by the mayors.  Castro and Booker.    Have to leave, but it's clearer where the dynamism lies.

Gotta say that Diss about Koolaid was a new one on me!

If only those poor saps in Jonestown...

I'm still sorting out the last two nights

The "debate" format with 30-60 seconds to propose/attack/defend in some combination I guess is ok for narrowing the field, but seems better at getting gotcha moments or getting sounds bites than a substantitve discussion,

Re healthcare insurannce  my guess is that not one candidate undertands their plan well enough to talk about how it would impact the insurance companies (nationalize them?), the economy, taxes the stock market in the long and short term.

IMO the bigger picture is that every D candidate wants to improve and expand the availability and afforadability of health insurance and understand its a massive undertaking. The Republicans on the other hand think so little of the middle.working class needs when given the two years to improve on a system they only criticise, tried to take healthcare and insurance from 30 million Americans. And now they will target social security.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17657 on: August 01, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

None of the candidates is “irrelevant” even if you think he/she cannot win

I’m not a big polls guy this far out from the primaries but Marianne Williamson is polling higher than Tulsi...

What’s another word for irrelevant?

Why you think she tried to smoke Harris?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: August 01, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »

Where was Trump 16 months out?

Where was Obama?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17659 on: August 01, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »

Where was Trump 16 months out?

Where was Obama?

16 months out Trump was at 12% likely GOP voters trailing Jeb “Please clap” Bush.
At this point in 2007 Obama was double digits behind Hillary... firmly in second place.

Tulsi was polling in 10th place as of two days ago. Will last night give her a bump? Probably. Enough to move up? Maybe.

Is she therefor really relevant? Will she be effective putting forth the Democratic message once her candidacy ends? Who is her base?

She has no natural constituency and very few powerful allies because she burned to many bridges on her way from future Star in 2012 to “what the fuck?” when she blasted Obama for not using the term “Radical Islam.”

Of course YOU like her, but so what? She gonna leap frog Bernie, Warren, and Uncle Joe because she slapped Harris?

When she figures out who she is she might be truly relevant in the future.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: August 01, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »

Finally something constructive from a dem candidate

Gillibrand 2020

---Support My Plan to Legalize Marijuana
Our current drug policies are rooted in institutional racism and result in the mass incarceration of people of color. And it’s time to unleash the economic equity and opportunity of marijuana legalization.

If you believe it’s time to legalize marijuana and right the wrongs of our country’s failed war on drugs, add your name today.---

I also like Vet Tulsi who did not cave in to the terrorists (and Saudis) in Syria.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17661 on: August 01, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »

Finally something constructive from a dem candidate

Gillibrand 2020

---Support My Plan to Legalize Marijuana
Our current drug policies are rooted in institutional racism and result in the mass incarceration of people of color. And it’s time to unleash the economic equity and opportunity of marijuana legalization.

If you believe it’s time to legalize marijuana and right the wrongs of our country’s failed war on drugs, add your name today.---

I also like Vet Tulsi who did not cave in to the terrorists (and Saudis) in Syria.

Now this is what I’d call a ringing endorsement... also reinforces my point on Tulsi.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17662 on: August 01, 2019, 03:43:29 PM »

Tomi Lahren smacked by FOX associates for her attack on Kamala Harris:

“If a male contributor had tweeted this they would probably be suspended with a trip to HR,” she wrote. “Pretty disgusting, Tomi. Are clicks and retweets worth demeaning women? Would you do the same to a ‘conservative’ female candidate?”

—- Janice Dean

“Do you have any idea how damaging this is to women who’ve actually been sexually harassed, assaulted or demeaned in the workplace?” McHenry tweeted. “How much this weakens our own gender, regardless of partisanship. My goodness.”

—- Britt McHenry

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/08/01/tomi-lahren-apologizes-after-saying-kamala-harris-slept-her-way-top/?utm_term=.5f9d5227751a

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: August 01, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

When Brit McHenry takes you to task you know you've got problems.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17664 on: August 01, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »

When Brit McHenry takes you to task you know you've got problems.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17666 on: August 01, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »

Yahoo
/
Inbox

---Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jul 31 at 10:29 PM

-- I’m over the moon!!

You, and your fellow grassroots Democrats, stepped up and fought back today.

And thanks to overwhelming support from supporters like you, I’m so close to hitting my critical End of Month goal!

I’ll be honest with you, it brings me so much joy to know how much our momentum will terrify the other side.

And right now, my team tells me it will just take 1 more gift from xxx to push us over the top.

Will you be the person to make that happen?

Until midnight only, I’ll personally triple match your generous gift.---

Oboy she's over the moon. That's like cat's meow?

also

Yahoo
/
Inbox

Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jul 31 at 7:11 PM

I need you to hear something directly from me, :

We can -- and we will -- protect and expand our Majority.

I’ve had the privilege of working with our amazing freshman class for 7 months now.

And after talking to our new Democratic recruits, who I just know will join me in Congress, I’ve never been so excited.

Democratic candidates and my Democratic colleagues are making sure the progress we fought so hard for under President Obama is preserved and built upon.

That’s why I’m coming to you 7 hours before my End of Month Deadline.

I can’t make sure our precious Majority is fortified without the help of each and every grassroots Democrat on my team.---

Wonderful group who you have already censored a few times. Sorry but no bucks for them.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #17667 on: August 01, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »

Wonderful group who you have already censored a few times. Sorry but no bucks for them. 

Did you maybe mean censured rather than censored?   

And, is there a point, beyond that political parties raise money for campaigns? 

If you don't like them passing the hat around, then urge your congressional people to support campaign finance reform.   Somewhere in the Senate there is an old man who waves his finger a lot - I hear he's got ideas about that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: August 01, 2019, 05:47:58 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/us/politics/trump-navy-seal-war-crimes.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR0rTPrOGKBdLibk2wbu7UWO1-g1GI33ZgT4OVYkCNRMDK8YvFWQPd-o4eY

Trump Orders Navy to Strip Medals From Prosecutors in War Crimes Trial
President Trump lashed out at military lawyers who tried the case of Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of killing a captured teenage Islamic State fighter.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 4288