Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605379 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18030 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:11 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/politics/trump-china-trade-war-analysis/index.html

Trump has become increasingly frustrated by a serious lack of progress on the China trade talks after believing he'd made progress in his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the G20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan, according to multiple officials familiar with Trump's thinking. Since then, the President and others have grown more pessimistic over the past week that a trade deal isn't possible in the near-term, and Trump has acted against the advice of key economic advisers.
Trump surprised both China and investors last week by threatening to apply a 10% tariff on $300 billion of goods on September 1, and then swiftly retaliated by labeling the country a currency manipulator on Monday after Beijing said it would halt purchases of American farm products and allowed its currency to weaken.

"Somebody had to do this with China because they are taking hundreds of billions of dollars a year out of the United States and somebody had to make a stand," Trump told reporters as he departed for Dayton, Ohio. "And I think our country is doing very well."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18031 on: August 08, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d4b81a0e4b0066eb70c3a5a

Trump wanted to get fluffed for finally one day almost doing his job.

He needs to realize no one loves an arsonist and flee the country already.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18032 on: August 08, 2019, 01:39:42 AM »

Words.
"Trumps words caused the mass shootings" some in El Paso and Dayton are saying.

Hmmm, what about the words Latino people in America are seemingly teaching their children...children in school/s in America who are refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance to America? 

"White Americans are racist".
"We are in the country illegally"
"We are Mexicans"
"Americans stole our land"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgGW4_MQWsU
'Americans Stole Our Land' AZ Senator Reads Shocking Letter from Teacher

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18033 on: August 08, 2019, 01:52:05 AM »

No more 'sitting ducks' in Texas;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/texas-reeling-after-el-paso-shooting-is-about-to-loosen-gun-laws/ar-AAFu9nH?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Texas, reeling after El Paso shooting, is about to loosen gun laws

But they’re not restrictions on firearms like those Ohio’s governor proposed days after Sunday’s mass shooting in Dayton. As the state mourns the 22 killed in a shooting in El Paso, 10 laws affirming Texans’ right to carry guns are set to take effect Sept. 1.

The new rules come as Democrats and some Republicans call for tighter regulations on firearms after two tragedies that shook the country this weekend. They reflect many Texans’ embrace of expanded access to guns even after several high-profile shootings in the state, as gun rights advocates argue that armed citizens can stop attackers.

#####

That's one way.
Everyone in Walmart armed to the teeth.

As soon as a shooter fires the first shot, good people whip out their 'Colt 45s' and gun down the shooter.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18034 on: August 08, 2019, 02:06:30 AM »

I really think you should go to Texas, Bambu. I think you should start conversations with strangers all over the state. I think you should tell them what you think is really going on in their state and their country. I love to see what happens next.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18035 on: August 08, 2019, 03:00:17 AM »

Trump 2020 still working feverishly to incite some more murderous rampages.

If trump had a single non-racist bone in his body, right now it would be choking off his air supply.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: August 08, 2019, 03:10:43 AM »

I really think you should go to Texas, Bambu. I think you should start conversations with strangers all over the state. I think you should tell them what you think is really going on in their state and their country. I love to see what happens next.

As if.  LOL
You gotta be kidding, man!

If I were ever to go there, which is likely never, I would 'never' speak with them about 'sex, religion or politics'...which just about leaves the weather, footy, their lives and pets.
bambu is very good at playing the flute or playing the harp, depending where he is. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:31:39 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18037 on: August 08, 2019, 03:27:53 AM »

I told mrs bambu to 'cool it' when she was in America, not to go declaring her ancestry [Irish Catholic, English Protestant, Australian Aborigine] to anyone...and not to go fighting with anyone.
I told her...told her.
I said..."be demure, be sweet, butter won't melt in your mouth sweet, charmingly sweet to all and sundry...as you are most of the time, and can be all of the time if you want to be."
So what did she do, was in America for '5 minutes', in NYC city...in a line in a shop to buy coffee, when a White guy about 40 in the line next to her started telling, in a very rude manner, the young Black girl behind the counter that she was too slow, useless, and to hurry up with his order".
Yes, mrs bambu went for him, told him to leave the young girl alone, that she was doing her best. Said to him "you're a rude bastard"..."you should get up earlier".
He ordered his coffee.
A large Black man then moved over to mrs bambu's side and stood there.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:39:40 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18038 on: August 08, 2019, 03:45:40 AM »

In a global sense, Bambi,

“You’re a rude bastard”...”you should get up earlier” (and stop listening to your #1 radio host).

Mrs. Bambi sounds alright. She can come back stateside any time.

Flute and harp? Is that what you learned in Aryan band camp?

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18039 on: August 08, 2019, 04:11:21 AM »

Is trump having too many decrepit old man problems? Has his debauched life finally started to catch up with him? The mask is slipping for the love child of Archie Bunker and Mr. MaGoo. 

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/what-if-donald-trump-is-just-blind.html

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18040 on: August 08, 2019, 06:37:26 AM »

---Largest US immigration raids in a decade net 680 arrests---

https://news.yahoo.com/immigration-raids-under-way-mississippi-144406961.html

They are stealing jobs from the homeless. Working below minimum wage. Why hire union people who expect decent living wages and a healthy work environment when you can run a third world sweat shop?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

oilcan

« Reply #18041 on: August 08, 2019, 08:44:09 AM »

Then shouldn't we be going after US employers, rather than migrants who are just trying to feed and clothe their families?  Sounds like these companies are the more serious lawbreakers. 

oilcan

« Reply #18042 on: August 08, 2019, 08:46:19 AM »

Occasionally, there have been halfhearted pledges that the Kashmiri people should probably get to do what they want with their paradise. In 1948, the United Nations Security Council called for a plebiscite so that Kashmiris could decide their own fate. No such thing has happened. I have a couple of friends from both sides of the Kashmir dispute, and they have always said that more than freedom, any special status or merging with India or Pakistan, they would like to be left alone. By both India and Pakistan.

Whatever these and other Kashmiris have wanted, I am certain they didn’t want what they got this week: Kashmir’s special status, and relative autonomy, under India’s Constitution revoked. Some 35,000 more soldiers in the world’s most militarized region, schools shut, offices shut, the internet snatched away, landlines dead. Local political leaders — even those happy to collaborate with the Indian authorities in New Delhi — locked up. A former chief minister of the region said, hours before being arrested, that it had been a mistake to side with India at Partition. And now India is taking us back to Partition all over again by annexing Kashmir and throwing millions of its citizens in a cage.... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/opinion/kashmir-india.html

The world needs to be aware what's going on here.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18043 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »

Mia Love:  "It should have been (remained) a private moment"

Yep.  But the mayor and Sen. Brown commented - which provoked a Trump rebuttal.

Why did they comment?  The PRESS asked them to, I'd imagine.

Should have been private, indeed.  All accounts - including by the mayor - say Trump handled that part well.

Should have been private, indeed.  They forced his hand, and the President just happened to have a cameraman and a producer at the ready to cut and put out a campaign style video of the visit to release within two hours of it as a "rebuttal."  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

Still not as disturbing as their need to "rebutt" (ie lie about) a completely accurate description by Sherrod Brown and the Dayton Mayor and the need of a Trump spokesperson to say he was "greeted like a rock star" by victims of a mass shooting and their grieving and worry-stricken families. 

Moments like these make it clear why people suffering from debilitating narcissism can not and should not be President of the United States.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18044 on: August 08, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »

News Item:

A United Nations scientific report released Thursday says climate change, along with unprecedented exploitation of land and water resources, could threaten the world's food supply. "The cycle is accelerating," said NASA climate scientist Cynthia Rosenzweig, a report co-author. "The threat of climate change affecting people's food on their dinner table is increasing." The report said that climate change is worsening land degradation by thawing permafrost, causing deserts to expand, and making forests more vulnerable to fire, drought, and pests.

Oh well.  At least we have an economy that is booming like we've never seen before!

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 4288