Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604299 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1830 on: September 03, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 03, 2018, 06:05:03 PM »

More corrupt behavior from the Baboon in Chief....

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Monday blasted his Attorney General Jeff Sessions and lamented the indictments of two lawmakers who were his earliest supporters in Congress during the 2016 election, suggesting they should not have been charged because they are Republicans.

"Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department," Trump tweeted. "Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff..."

A decision by the Justice Department to hold off on prosecuting two Republican congressmen up for re-election in order to help them win would have been highly unethical and a blatantly politically motivated violation of the department's nonpartisan mission. The comment on Monday was the latest indication that Trump, who ran on a pledge to "drain the swamp," believes his political allies should be immune from prosecution, regardless of the evidence stacked against them.
The Justice Department declined to comment on the President's tweets....

Republican electibility is more important that timely enforcing the law.

Preserve, protect and defend...

What a fucking joke this corupt fucking Russian puppet has blatently exposed himself to be.

And Republicans cowards say nothing.

speak up before you can't.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 03, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »

Trump wins elections

Why would Republicans want to say anything and risk not getting his support?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 03, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »

Trump wins elections

Why would Republicans want to say anything and risk not getting his support?

He wins some elections, Republican primaries.

With a dissaproval rating of 60% he has short coat-tail that may not play beyond the most partisan of partisans.

But the larger issue is, he is a danger to America, and the real principles that bind a people who have a gazillion reasons not to bind together.

And the motherfucker sees strength in ripping us apart.

Different cultures, religions, heritages, but we all believe in an idealized vision of America.

Equal opporunities for all, level playing field, you can go as far as your abilities take you, and a transparent society, government that is accountable to the people, freely overseen by the scrutiny of a free and unfettered press.

But Trump does not see that vision. He sees something foreign to most of us.

When the history of this century gets written, there will be roles for heroes and villiians. And IMO the villians will be the cowards and quiet accomplices who did not speak out against the perversion of of our national principles by an unscrupulous and corrupt conman.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 03, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »

Nah.

I don't see this.

He is governing as he said/imagined he would if he won.  He proudly serves a nation he loves.

Does he respect everyone?  NO!  That's just not how he is wired.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1835 on: September 03, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

Nah.

I don't see this.

He is governing as he said/imagined he would if he won.  He proudly serves a nation he loves.

He cravenly serves himself and his Russian masters...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 03, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 03, 2018, 08:18:39 PM »

Nah.

I don't see this.

You probably don't.

But to answer your question in another and briefer way, Republicans might see our democratic institutions threatened by an autocrat, who has little regard for the rule of law, and they may decide to do the right thing.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 03, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »

Good luck with that

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 03, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »

I love watching Kasich getting ready to primary trump. He’s right about the republicans dipping under 25% affiliation.

So, THIS Republican you like, then?

It's OK - thats the way it should be.

No, don't like him, either, Kiid.

I didnt ask

I didn't mean just me. I meant any of the left-leaning folks here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 03, 2018, 08:29:50 PM »

Nah.

I don't see this.

Utter bullshit, Kiid.

He swore to uphold the constitution.

He is so far from doing that that it is laughable that you think he is keeping that promise.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 03, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »

Good luck with that

I understand your implied skepticism that Republicans would put country ahead of party and do that which would preserve, protect and defend the laws and institutions that help define us as a country, and speak out against the foreign voice of despotism.

And is why I put more faith in most Americans doing the right thing, than most Republicans doing the right thing.

I think the Trump presidency and its unhealthy levels of blind partisanship over patriotism has done this country deep and long-lasting damage.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:56:19 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 03, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »

I think the Trump presidency and its unhealthy levels of blind partisanship over patriotism has done this country deep and long-lasting damage.

I'm not sure, apart from the climate problem and some avoidable deaths, that Trump has not done this country a powerful service.,

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 03, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »

I'm not sure, apart from the climate problem and some avoidable deaths, that Trump has not done this country a powerful service.,

In the regard of that which does not kills us makes us stronger, you may be right.

I'm optimistic (60/40) the patient eventually recovers, but it will take time.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 03, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 4288