Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583568 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18390 on: August 13, 2019, 12:38:14 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: August 13, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »

Kid is tremendous at "this."
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: August 13, 2019, 01:52:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/KayaJones/status/1160952865797615616

If only President Trump were as supportive of our country as these folks are - and if only he believed in democracy.

Unfortunately, he believes in allowing foreign meddling in our elections, indeed embraces it.

Not that you can admit that, Kid.

And not that the US is going to lift a finger to support these protesters.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: August 13, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »

A moderator altering posts

Good Lord, man - get a grip.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: August 13, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »

If only President Trump were as supportive of our country as these folks are - and if only he believed in democracy.

Unfortunately, he believes in allowing foreign meddling in our elections, indeed embraces it.

Not everything needs a Trump-related comment

He's in your head, man. 

Relax.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »

Mayor Pete insinuates that if any demonstrator in Hong Kong comes to harm it is Trump's fault.

- per MSNBC, Iowa State Fair

barton

« Reply #18399 on: August 13, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »

Got link?

or you just heard this as you were downing your 14th pumpkin spice corndog?

Like Tulsi and Cory, I am vegetarian, so I wonder how they handle those state fair moments when you are offered some kind of meat on a stick.  If they're like me, they just take a few bites and figure it saves from the pride of total purity. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: August 13, 2019, 03:59:53 PM »

He's in your head, man. 

Relax.

Outside of the twitter account you posted to very prominently (and imporobably) featuring a "Women for Trump" banner...

I posted a few days ago Trump's shameful response to the protests; clearly clueless about what was going on, calling the protests "riots," and effectively saying its China's business to do with them what they will.  That was real time, as things were happening.

You can argue to what degree an average US President can assert influence over democratic reform efforts in other countries, let alone a Chinese territory.  But Trump forfeited what help he could give to it.  And thus its absolutely legitimate to bring him into that convo.   
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: August 13, 2019, 04:03:36 PM »

Got link?

Like Tulsi and Cory, I am vegetarian, so I wonder how they handle those state fair moments when you are offered some kind of meat on a stick.  If they're like me, they just take a few bites and figure it saves from the pride of total purity.

On MSNBC, Pete Buttigieg said of the president’s first tweet, “He’s already made it about himself. And he’s on Twitter when he probably should be in the Situation Room trying to figure out how the U.S. could in some way be an effective voice for stability.”

Getting killed here for another round of clueless comments re: the situation in HK:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-criticized-for-comments-on-hong-kong-protests-tough-situation-i-hope-it-works-out-for-everybody/

The President of the United States very clearly has zero clue about what is going on in the most current and pressing geopolitical situation in the world.

This is scary stuff.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:05:36 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: August 13, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »

Got link?

On MSNBC, Pete Buttigieg said of the president’s first tweet, “He’s already made it about himself. And he’s on Twitter when he probably should be in the Situation Room trying to figure out how the U.S. could in some way be an effective voice for stability.”

Getting killed here for another round of clueless comments re: the situation in HK:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-criticized-for-comments-on-hong-kong-protests-tough-situation-i-hope-it-works-out-for-everybody/

The President of the United States very clearly has zero clue about what is going on in the most current and pressing geopolitical situation in the world.

This is scary stuff.

It has been asked often how Trump would respond to a disaster not of his own making.  Luckily nothing at a global scale has happened over the last 2 1/2 years to test the question.

Hopefully HK won't be that test.  Because there is no question that this "president" will fail it.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: August 13, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »

When a U.S. president or usurper of that office negotiates a rub-n-tug licensing contract with the government of a foreign power, he or she is to blame for the effects of our lessened influence on that country’s behavior by virtue of he or she crawling into that country’s pocket.

Rub-n-tug > Hong Kong

Building scams > Kashmir

Front a decades worth of fake wealth with laundered money > Ukraine

666 5th Ave > Yemen, etc.

He's in your head, man. 

Relax.

It’s not like the title of the this forum is “Trump Administration”.

Embarrassed by the ass clown in office?

Don’t worry. Think of it as a good start.

You have over a year left to get around to really hating the prick and wanting him removed from any aspect of your life.   

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: August 13, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »

Every Democrat in the Senate Supports a Constitutional Amendment That Would Radically Curtail Freedom of Speech.

Funny.
The media is silent.
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 4288