Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2062 2063 [2064] 2065 2066 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595495 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30945 on: April 06, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »

Trump has called on Congress to revive the tax deduction for business-related expenses on meals and entertainment, arguing it would help bolster high-end restaurants hammered by the outbreak.

Not until the restaurants can be open again, Donnie.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30946 on: April 06, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »

The White House on Monday announced that the president nominated Brian D. Miller of Virginia to be special inspector general for pandemic recovery, which falls under the Department of the Treasury. The post was created under the newly passed economic rescue package.

Miller currently serves as special assistant to the president and senior associate counsel in the Office of White House Counsel. Miller also formerly served as inspector general for the General Services Administration (GSA) for nearly a decade and reported on fraud, waste and abuse.

Miller's nomination was sent to the Senate on Monday for confirmation. It is unclear when he could be confirmed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-nominates-inspector-general-for-coronavirus-response

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30947 on: April 06, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »

The White House on Monday announced that the president nominated Brian D. Miller of Virginia to be special inspector general for pandemic recovery, which falls under the Department of the Treasury. The post was created under the newly passed economic rescue package.

Miller currently serves as special assistant to the president and senior associate counsel in the Office of White House Counsel. Miller also formerly served as inspector general for the General Services Administration (GSA) for nearly a decade and reported on fraud, waste and abuse.

Miller's nomination was sent to the Senate on Monday for confirmation. It is unclear when he could be confirmed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-nominates-inspector-general-for-coronavirus-response

I wonder if the president will actually heed anything the man says in that position. But at least he appointed one - it is more than he has done for a ton of positions!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30948 on: April 06, 2020, 12:40:26 PM »

Still struggling with the concept of data, huh, Kid?

Nah, man -

just making sure that when I run across a story of a man/woman that would be deceased now if not for doses of hydroxy chloroquine - that I post it here.

Might.

And don't forget that he also credits the singing.

Because to you anecdotes are better than data.
You are arguing about scientific evidence with someone who takes medical advice from a man who stared directly into an eclipse.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30949 on: April 06, 2020, 12:48:21 PM »

I've provided the data on how it can kill you, including clinical reports, in the past, Kid.

With 14 day controlled usage?

Sorry, I missed that.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30950 on: April 06, 2020, 12:52:29 PM »

The multivitamines don't have as much Vitamin D as this is recommending.

Multivitamins are supplements.  You get vitamin D from foods - and the body also produces it.

I like the study - and thanked you.  Vitamin D deficiencies are often overlooked - and could result in lifestyle concerns such as fatigue, muscle ache and depression.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30951 on: April 06, 2020, 12:59:02 PM »

Even the Vitamin industry itself has (reluctantly) admitted that multivitamins are essentially useless if someone eats a reasonably varied diet.  They really only help people who have vitamin deficiencies.  Mostly you just pee out the excess vitamins you get from pills and don't need.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30952 on: April 06, 2020, 01:06:27 PM »

President Trump is floating the possibility of tariffs on oil imports, ramping up pressure on Russia and Saudi Arabia to reach a deal amid the current production standoff.

“I am a big believer in our great energy business, and we’re going to take care of our energy business,” Trump said

Yep, gotta take care of those oil companies.  Their trillion dollar tax-free profits might be gone for a few years.

Why can't the market handle this?
Low oil prices are good for some segments of the economy (airlines when they fly again, manufacturers when they manufacture again, car owners).  And the oil companies raked in huge profits when prices were high.  So if shale fracters go bankrupt, who cares?  They can ramp up again when it's profitable. 

Oil companies and high end restaurants seem like about the last businesses I'd concern myself about.  Hope yacht makers aren't facing tough times ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30953 on: April 06, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »

As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.

President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.

But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said health care providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

“Time is of the essence,’’ Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, said in a statement.

“Time is of the essence,’’ Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, said in a statement.

A state Health Department official said the DOH has shipped doses of hydroxychloroquine to 56 hospitals across New York, distributing enough “to treat 4,000 patients to date.”

Patients have received doses as part of four- or 10-day regimens, officials said.

The University of Albany’s School of Public Health is observing the drug’s impact on the patients, and its preliminary study could come back in weeks instead of the usual months, officials said.

There are also clinical trials being conducted to see whether the drug can help block transmission.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/thousands-of-coronavirus-infected-new-yorkers-treated-with-anti-malarial-drug

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30954 on: April 06, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »

"There is no wide spread evidence..."

How could there be?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30955 on: April 06, 2020, 01:21:09 PM »

Still struggling with the concept of data, huh, Kid?

Nah, man -

just making sure that when I run across a story of a man/woman that would be deceased now if not for doses of hydroxy chloroquine - that I post it here.
Your last anecdote provided precisely as much evidence of the clinical efficacy of Cracklin' Rose as hydroxychloroquine.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30956 on: April 06, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

Unclear what you are harping on.

No one is against trying various potentially promising drugs on seriously ill patients, since there is no other treatment cure.  And everyone is hoping one or more drugs are effective.  While concurrently running trials to test what works, what doesn't, what drug combos or dosages are best.  Which patients would benefit most.  Weed out dead ends, etc.

Nothing controversial or debatable there.  Though Trump tends to misrepresent things, because accuracy or caution just isn't his thing.

My guess is that even if some form of chloraquine or remdesivir or whatever are effective, it will likely be against milder forms of infection and work best early before sever symptoms occur.  Speculation, but it's unlikely a random drug happens to be a perfect match for the most severe cases with this new coronavirus.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30957 on: April 06, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »

No one is against trying various potentially promising drugs on seriously ill patients, since there is no other treatment cure.  And everyone is hoping one or more drugs are effective.  While concurrently running trials to test what works, what doesn't, what drug combos or dosages are best.  Which patients would benefit most.  Weed out dead ends, etc.

Nothing controversial or debatable there.  Though Trump tends to misrepresent things, because accuracy or caution just isn't his thing.

My guess is that even if some form of chloraquine or remdesivir or whatever are effective, it will likely be against milder forms of infection and work best early before sever symptoms occur.  Speculation, but it's unlikely a random drug happens to be a perfect match for the most severe cases with this new coronavirus.
His DEAR LEADER must be proven right. It is as simple as that. Trump is flogging it ahead of all scientific evidence and so kiid is.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30958 on: April 06, 2020, 02:03:20 PM »

That's fine - sometimes things just aren't clear to you.  No biggee.

Good to see Governor Cuomo seems to have loosened his restrictions on prescribing "Trump's drug" after being bashed by Hannity.

4000 is a good amount - and likely to increase in NY, where numbers (surprise, surprise) seem to be getting better quicker than they imagined.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30959 on: April 06, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »

I've provided the data on how it can kill you, including clinical reports, in the past, Kid.

With 14 day controlled usage?

Sorry, I missed that.

Ignored.
Pages: 1 ... 2062 2063 [2064] 2065 2066 ... 4288