Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609313 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #34545 on: May 18, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »

Yes.  Of course.
The White House Physicians, whose careers are on the line, will just let Trump be Trump.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34546 on: May 18, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »

Fuckin anecdotes...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coronavirus-patient-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-his-life

Shame on the doctor who had to be asked by this patient to try the drug

How many have died without ever being put on HCQ?
Just because you and the patient do not understand the difference between temporal coincidence and causation does not mean we don't.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34547 on: May 18, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »

http://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21251370/donald-trump-risk-coronavirus-2020-reelection-nuclear-china

Kiid will happily does before admitting that he’s been a dupe to a profoundly demented idiot for several years running. That’s why he’s on a hunt for trump’s genius more futile than searching for WMDs in Iraq.

Take an altoid, Kiid, and chill the fuck out. You’ll feel better
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34548 on: May 18, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »

Yes.  Of course.
The White House Physicians, whose careers are on the line, will just let Trump be Trump.
Uhm, yeah. On a basic level that is the result of Trump's "Tell me only what.I want to hear and fits my preconceived notions" style of personnel management.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34549 on: May 18, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »

Trump’s new coronavirus vaccine czar owns $10 million in stock options in company developing vaccine, with Moderna receiving hundreds of millions in fed money.
Well “ used to own” since  he divested the options.
But, so what?  Aren’t you rooting for a successful vaccine?
Didn't Italians want the trains to run on time?

Public corruption is wrong. The appearance of public corruption undermines our political system. There used to be broad agreement about these concepts before Trump.

barton

« Reply #34550 on: May 18, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »

Since Moderna uses messenger RNA in its vaccines,  their company name's sort of clever.   

Shame on the oncologist who wouldn't treat my pancreatic cancer with Tic-Tacs.  I asked him repeatedly!   Him and his fancy-pants Harvard Medical School diploma.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34551 on: May 18, 2020, 07:45:42 PM »

Trump’s new coronavirus vaccine czar owns $10 million in stock options in company developing vaccine, with Moderna receiving hundreds of millions in fed money.

No, he hasn't yet. He has announced that he will.

After they have already jumped up 20% with today's news.

I am sure you think that's a coincidence.
It is irrelevant.

Which one?

That you provided false information?

Or that he realized a 20% profit by not divesting until he was outed for still having the stocks?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34552 on: May 18, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »

Yes.  Of course.

Like Ronny Jackson, who talked about Trump's great health and now has his support to run for Congress?!

Nah, no WH physician would ever do that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34553 on: May 18, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »

Didn't Italians want the trains to run on time?

Public corruption is wrong. The appearance of public corruption undermines our political system. There used to be broad agreement about these concepts before Trump Bush II Reagan Nixon.

Minor edit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34554 on: May 18, 2020, 08:08:32 PM »

Fuckin anecdotes...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coronavirus-patient-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-his-life

Just because you and the patient do not understand the difference between temporal coincidence and causation does not mean we don't.

You mourn the dead - but not those who may have been helped but were not given the drug?

And don't thank heavens for those who survived after using it?

Sounds political to me.

And no - i am not saying that every patient given HCQ that recovered would not have if they were not put on it - so save that bit of 4th grade logic spew.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #34555 on: May 18, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »

Josh - don't bother responding to any of my links or posts - unless it is for your own amusement - - you are on ignore - possibly permanently.  Maybe some of your wisdom will seep through to me if our brethren here chooses to quote you

Keep up the good fight.  And thanks for moderating the space.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #34556 on: May 18, 2020, 08:20:47 PM »

Fuckin anecdotes...

You mourn the dead - but not those who may have been helped but were not given the drug?

And don't thank heavens for those who survived after using it?

Sounds political to me.

And no - i am not saying that every patient given HCQ that recovered would not have if they were not put on it - so save that bit of 4th grade logic spew.

Political my ass.

He’s just pumping the stock.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #34557 on: May 18, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »

Yes.  Of course.
Uhm, yeah. On a basic level that is the result of Trump's "Tell me only what.I want to hear and fits my preconceived notions" style of personnel management.
LOL.!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34558 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »

Josh - don't bother responding to any of my links or posts - unless it is for your own amusement - - you are on ignore - possibly permanently.  Maybe some of your wisdom will seep through to me if our brethren here chooses to quote you

Keep up the good fight.  And thanks for moderating the space.

I don't give a fuck, Kid. If I want to make sure my posts can be seen by you, I can do that.

And, for all that you have a hard time grasping it, you are not the only person here who reads my responses.

For any wisdom of mine to seep through to you would take far more than its being in front of your eyes. It would quire you to heed your own advice and open your mind.

But hey, if you put everybody you disagree with on ignore, you and Ward can have some great specious discussions!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #34559 on: May 18, 2020, 08:24:57 PM »

There is an acting exercise where you put a bandanna over your face, and you practice sending all of the emotions using only your eyes, and it is supposed to make you great like Clint Eastwood. Clint does a lot with his eyes.

In the store I watch people's eyes, and you can see happy eyes, and angry eyes, and tired eyes.

I try to send people smiling eyes. I try to send a smile with my eyes.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 4288