Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2417 2418 [2419] 2420 2421 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607850 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36270 on: June 02, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »

I'd wager my stimulus check Echor is not new.

ya think?

it does echo a familiar sound

couldn't be could it?

Heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36271 on: June 02, 2020, 07:05:48 PM »

"The loon bishop".  What a fucking cretin you are.

Why I am generally against having women serve as bishops - she was hyperemotional yesterday.

What a sexist pig you are.

I have been told.  But totally untrue.  Certain types do grate on me big time.  But the mamas dig Carter8.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36272 on: June 02, 2020, 07:07:54 PM »

I voted for Bernie several weeks ago,  by mail.   Yes,  for leverage.   

Echo is openly Josh.   Kid iggied Josh,  so Echo was born.   

Puppets are handy, also, when you just feel a little more colorful than usual.

Heh

Simple sort...

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36273 on: June 02, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »

Why I am generally against having women serve as bishops - she was hyperemotional yesterday.

I have been told.  But totally untrue.  Certain types do grate on me big time.  But the mamas dig Carter8.

And some of your best friends are Jewish, I'm sure.

Guess what, Kid?

Women can dig you all day long, but you are still a sexist pig. "the mamas" is just one more indication of it, but your so-called reasoning for why you are opposed to women being bishops is pretty much about as blatant an example of sexism as there is out there.

So, instead of denying it, why don't you stop and consider your assumptions about women's emotional make up versus men's. You might start with Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36274 on: June 02, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »

Anyone burning down America, looting, and rioting is a lowlife and a loser?

What would Biden do?
Talk.

Action was/is required, the lowlifes and losers refused to listen to talk.
Go woke, go broke.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36275 on: June 02, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »

Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm Mike Mullen

verbatim in its entirety

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/american-cities-are-not-battlespaces/612553/

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.

Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

There was little good in the stunt.

While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage.

As a white man, I cannot claim perfect understanding of the fear and anger that African Americans feel today. But as someone who has been around for a while, I know enough—and I’ve seen enough—to understand that those feelings are real and that they are all too painfully founded.

We must, as citizens, address head-on the issue of police brutality and sustained injustices against the African American community. We must, as citizens, support and defend the right—indeed, the solemn obligation—to peacefully assemble and to be heard. These are not mutually exclusive pursuits.
And neither of these pursuits will be made easier or safer by an overly aggressive use of our military, active duty or National Guard. The United States has a long and, to be fair, sometimes troubled history of using the armed forces to enforce domestic laws. The issue for us today is not whether this authority exists, but whether it will be wisely administered.

I remain confident in the professionalism of our men and women in uniform. They will serve with skill and with compassion. They will obey lawful orders. But I am less confident in the soundness of the orders they will be given by this commander in chief, and I am not convinced that the conditions on our streets, as bad as they are, have risen to the level that justifies a heavy reliance on military troops. Certainly, we have not crossed the threshold that would make it appropriate to invoke the provisions of the Insurrection Act.

Furthermore, I am deeply worried that as they execute their orders, the members of our military will be co-opted for political purposes.

Even in the midst of the carnage we are witnessing, we must endeavor to see American cities and towns as our homes and our neighborhoods. They are not “battle spaces” to be dominated, and must never become so.

We must ensure that African Americans—indeed, all Americans—are given the same rights under the Constitution, the same justice under the law, and the same consideration we give to members of our own family. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so.

Too many foreign and domestic policy choices have become militarized; too many military missions have become politicized.

This is not the time for stunts. This is the time for leadership.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36276 on: June 02, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »

What would Biden do?
Talk.

Oddly enough, talking would have been great in their opinions, so long as the talking was followed up by action.

The Black community has been oppressed in America for hundreds of years. What is it that having more talk without action is going to accomplish in your opinion, Bambu-Wisdom?

Is talking going to reduce the number of unarmed black men killed by police in disproportionate numbers?!

How many more years of talking do you recommend? 1? 5? 400? Cuz the talking's been going on for a long time!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36277 on: June 02, 2020, 07:39:05 PM »

Just heading over to post this, but got waylaid by Bambi's grossness.

Note that Mike Mullen was Chief of the Navy for a couple years under GWB before Bush named him to be Chairman.

This is not a Democrat. This is not a weak man. This is not a "never-Trumper."

He said, "I cannot remain silent."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36278 on: June 02, 2020, 08:05:59 PM »

Here, let me bash a Democrat.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/national-international/democratic-rep-eliot-engel-caught-on-hot-mic-amid-unrest-if-i-didnt-have-a-primary-i-wouldnt-care/2136012/

He wanted to speak at an event addressing "the unrest." Why? He's being primaried. "If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn't care."

There is a guy who deserves to lose his primary.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36279 on: June 02, 2020, 08:17:28 PM »

verbatim in its entirety

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/american-cities-are-not-battlespaces/612553/

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.

Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage.

Ahhhh, cut it the fuck out already.

Forcibly and violently..

Good God.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36280 on: June 02, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »

Guess what, Kid?

Women can dig you all day long, but you are still a sexist pig. "the mamas" is just one more indication of it, but your so-called reasoning for why you are opposed to women being bishops is pretty much about as blatant an example of sexism as there is out there.

So, instead of denying it, why don't you stop and consider your assumptions about women's emotional make up versus men's. You might start with Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Yeah.  You have a point.  Kavanagh kind of teared up.  I didn't see much to like there. 

I think he is over it.  And thus far proving his mettle without bias.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36281 on: June 02, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »

What would Biden do?
Talk.

Oddly enough, talking would have been great in their opinions, so long as the talking was followed up by action.

The Black community has been oppressed in America for hundreds of years. What is it that having more talk without action is going to accomplish in your opinion, Bambu-Wisdom?

Is talking going to reduce the number of unarmed black men killed by police in disproportionate numbers?!

How many more years of talking do you recommend? 1? 5? 400? Cuz the talking's been going on for a long time!

I think this is triple the payback after they didn't get desired results on Trayvon Obama and Brown.

Flat screens and watches all around. 

But to answer - zero.  The civil war is here.  AntiFa need better weaponry for their pallets.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36282 on: June 02, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »

At one time.  Today...not as much

Any other questions about Carter8 life?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36283 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »

What would Biden do?
Talk.

LA riots...20 dead, looting, burning everything in sight, the head of white truck driver used as a football...etc...and all the other riots...haven't done one bit of good.
There riots...'all' shown on tv... are violent, angry Black people looting everything in sight [most of the looters are Black, as are the arsonists, rioters].
Anyone who thinks that helps the cause of Black people one iota needs to sit on a chair in a dark room and think a lot deeper.

Black men need to stop committing crimes, then they would likely have much less trouble with the cops.
George Floyd was accused of trying to pass a counterfeit note at a store...a crime.
No note at the store, he would never have encountered those cops.
He could've been innocent, he the one stuck with the bad note when the music stopped...or he could've been doing it deliberately.

Bill Cosby said it true.
No one much in the Black community seems to have taken any notice.

Imagine, if the cops knew that every Black man they would encounter every day would be a friendly gent who buys tickets to the police ball.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:34:44 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36284 on: June 02, 2020, 08:34:29 PM »

verbatim in its entirety

Ahhhh, cut it the fuck out already.

Forcibly and violently..

Good God.

Yeah, they just bashed a few people and gassed them.

Nothing violent about it at all.

Good Godz!
Pages: 1 ... 2417 2418 [2419] 2420 2421 ... 4288