Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607730 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38985 on: June 18, 2020, 07:28:08 PM »

In Minneapolis (...)

Stop.

You are fucking yourself so much the sheep are actually feeling neglected.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38986 on: June 18, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, who this week said he was working to educate Trump on the reasons why some professional athletes kneel during the national anthem.

I think that's great, Dr. Carson.

Why didn't you do that 3 years ago?!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38987 on: June 18, 2020, 07:37:44 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1954215

I should be calling it CHOP not CHAZ.

Actual dispatches from what sounds like a very nice place.

I see why our resident micropenised fascists are all frothy and fucking terrified.

Sinkholes emerging in their sick joke of a culture are showing that their power is only wafer thin and disintegrating like an economy managed by a bush or a trump.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38988 on: June 18, 2020, 07:53:09 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38990 on: June 18, 2020, 10:00:49 PM »

Much of the so-called ills of marijuana and cocaine use are misinformation designed to keep public opinion against these drugs.  In fact in the US it was, and probably still is, illegal to study marijuana's effects, because they didn't want the risks minimized and the medical benefits touted by scientific studies.  That is, a lot of the harm talk is just war on drugs propaganda.  As with coronavirus, medical and health officials shouldn't lie to the populace.

I believe alcohol is much more dangerous and deleterious than marijuana.  And drug prohibition has been just as unsuccessful and harmful and corrupting as Alcohol Prohibition was.  It's way beyond time to try a new approach.  Much of the harm from drugs is the very fact that they have been made illegal, so that the dosages and strength are wildly divergent, the price artificially inflated, police corruption, criminalization over treatment, etc.  Just tax and regulate.  Lots of prescription/legal drugs are abused too.

50 years of a war on your own citizens and the drug supply has never been dented.  A massive waste and scam.

MY best guess is that our last 3 presidents have all used cocaine.  Obama admitted such.  W Bush was long suspected, but never acknowledged.  Trump was certainly around cocaine in 70's and 80's rich people's NYC, probably with his child rapist buddy Epstein.  It's pretty much just assumed that most politicians and Americans have smoked marijuana.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:58:08 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38991 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »

It's been more than 5 weeks since our 7 day moving average of new cases was this high.

Average daily deaths is down to 665 on the 7 day moving average, down by half in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, we have 36,000 more active cases than we had at our previous peak, May 30th.

And the number that I most want to track I don't seem to be able to for more than a day or two, unless I do it manually - severe cases, which has been hovering between 16,500 and 17,200 for a while.

The other thing of note is that the IHME estimated path still has fewer deaths projected by today than we actually have, but their daily death toll is lower than the current count, which is drawing the total (real) closer to the total (projected). Beats having us be higher, to be sure, but their 201,000 dead by 10/1 is still a frightening figure.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38992 on: June 18, 2020, 10:21:49 PM »

Much of the so-called ills of marijuana and cocaine use are misinformation designed to keep public opinion against these drugs.  In fact in the US it was, and probably still is, illegal to study marijuana's effects, because they didn't want the risks minimized and the medical benefits  by scientific studies. 

Tons of ongoing research into the effects of marijuana.

Also into ketamine, magic mushrooms, and other formerly totally banned drugs, looking for medicinal effects - depression among them.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #38993 on: June 18, 2020, 10:43:04 PM »

Sen Amy Klobuchar, on MSNBC w/Lawrence O'Donnell, said that in a convo w/Joe Biden last night, that she thought his VP should be a black woman.

Amy's out.

sounds like its Harris' opportunity to lose.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:44:58 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38994 on: June 18, 2020, 10:49:58 PM »

heh

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38995 on: June 18, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »

Sen Amy Klobuchar, on MSNBC w/Lawrence O'Donnell, said that in a convo w/Joe Biden last night, that she thought his VP should be a black woman.

Amy's out.

I still like the Governor of New Mexico.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38996 on: June 18, 2020, 10:57:33 PM »

Amy's out.

I still like the Governor of New Mexico.

Me, too.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38997 on: June 18, 2020, 11:00:03 PM »

RICE is smarter than Harris.

Booker is still likely the best choice aside from Michelle.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38998 on: June 18, 2020, 11:02:42 PM »

Michelle, Lujan-Grissom, Rice, Harris in that order.

If trump were for law and order he would turn himself in
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 4288