Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611390 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4890 on: October 24, 2018, 01:41:03 AM »

her elitist liberal immigration agenda

Yeah, those elitists who are trying to allow poor, desperate refugees and asylum seekers to apply for that status, as our laws and treaties allow.

Damned elitists!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: October 24, 2018, 02:42:53 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: October 24, 2018, 02:43:41 AM »

Luee doesn’t want to lower our admissions standards lest we fall lower in the rankings. That’s not at all elitist.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: October 24, 2018, 04:15:28 AM »

https://www.euronews.com/2016/10/26/hungary-builds-new-fence-to-keep-out-refugees

Hungary builds new fence to keep out refugees

Last year, Hungary built fences protected with razor wire along some 175 kilometers of its border with Serbia and shorter sections on the border with Croatia.

Before the border was sealed in mid-October, nearly 400,000 people passed through the country on their way to Germany and other destinations.

#####

Yes, travelled thru Hungary on their way to 'free homes'/'free welfare cash for life' Germany, Sweden etc.

Sounds like 'Mexico and the USA'.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:17:20 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: October 24, 2018, 04:33:57 AM »

bambu, he say;

"Be careful what you wish for".

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: October 24, 2018, 08:03:20 AM »

her elitist liberal immigration agenda

Yeah, those elitists who are trying to allow poor, desperate refugees and asylum seekers to apply for that status, as our laws and treaties allow.

Damned elitists!

We are talking about illegal aliens and not immigrants who go through the required process? 
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: October 24, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »

Heh . Luee will be there, with open arms and a broad smile, to greet anybody coming to the U.S. AS LONG AS THEY FOLLOW THE RULES!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: October 24, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/New-Jersey-mom-follows-gut-feeling-stopping-potential-school-shooting-in-central-Kentucky-498166881.html

What kind of wall can we put up to protect us from the white nationalist cracker christian terrorists? There seem to be far more of them working in the U.S. lately than any other kind.

Brick, concrete, steel...around every school...as a start.
You horrid, frightened little kangaroo pizzle.

You approve of school massacres?
No, I do not approve of right wing dystopia as a driver of policy, you racist, rancid pile of wallaby stool.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4898 on: October 24, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4899 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:57 AM »

From the NC GOP...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: October 24, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »

Let's check some facts...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/22/fact-check-trumps-claims-migrant-caravan

No paywall.

When Schumer backs a bill that will strengthen border security and it is NOT ATTACHED to another huge expenditure that his group wants, I will then believe he is serious about border security.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: October 24, 2018, 11:42:12 AM »

Trump, the self proclaimed nationalist, has released the pix of violence on journalists and politicians of the opposition.

Dangerous game.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: October 24, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

Real border security would keep the Saudi and Russian money out. All republicans oppose this.

The GOP has become the place grifters go to become terrorists.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: October 24, 2018, 02:32:49 PM »

California has lost more than half a million jobs to China — more than any other state, report says

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT
OCT 23, 2018 | 3:00 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-china-trade-20181023-story.html

-------------

Bad trade deals have really hurt California. Even Canada was stealing jobs from California, they stole the automobile manufacturing plant from Van Nuys, and Canada has been stealing film and television jobs, etc. Everyone has been stealing jobs from California. California experienced more than just a recession, it was like the great depression in many areas. I myself was homeless for two years, I had to live in my pickup truck, and I was never able to do what I went to school to do, I went to school to be an actor and a filmmaker.

Anyhow, there is a lot of hard work to do in order to make things better. And not only do we need to fix trade deals with China, we need to fix trade deals with everyone. And we need to be able to sell California cheese in Canada again without high import tariffs, etc. What we have is worth improving. We can compete with the whole world on a level playing field, but what we have right now is not level. And Californians love to live good lives, and California is a proud state. Right now we are all living in group homes, or on government aid, or barely getting by. If it was not for Social Security and welfare and stuff, and Section 8 Housing, etc, then it would really be bad.

And NO WALL! Mexico is Calfiornia's number one trade partner. Without Mexico we would be in even worse shape. Mexico is on our team. We need to expand trade with Mexico, and we need to have a GOOD NEIGHBOR policy so that they can live and work and go to school and stuff in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: October 24, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »

"If someone had been hurt here......we got a whole new game"

- Shepherd Smith, Fox News

What?
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 4288