Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3292 3293 [3294] 3295 3296 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882937 times)

Echo2

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49395 on: September 04, 2020, 01:48:25 PM »

"The agreement reached this week by the treasury secretary and our negotiations team to have a continuing resolution, to continue to fund the government when the fiscal year runs out at the end of this month, means that now we can focus just on another relief bill, and we're continuing to do that in good faith," Pence said.

This is not the most egregious example of an erroneous claim by a member of this administration today.

But it is competitive! The "agreement" of which is speaks is that both sides want there to a a continuing resolution to avoid a government shutdown. No agreement on terms. No agreement on how long. No agreement on whether any relief will go into it. So, no, Vice President Pence, "we" cannot just focus on another relief bill.

Even if we believe that you are doing it in good faith, which many of us do not.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49396 on: September 04, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »

Acting in any way in good faith would be a first for Mike Pence.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49397 on: September 04, 2020, 02:27:04 PM »

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49398 on: September 04, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »

The Liar-in-Chief attempts to alter the record on his comments about John McCain in the face of the new story in the Atlantic.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-s-newest-mccain-claims-are-quickly-discredited-n1239292

It doesn't hold up to even a little scrutiny.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49399 on: September 04, 2020, 02:47:33 PM »

Today's quiz:

At the heart of Donald Trump's statement is a lack of respect for those who have served - a disqualifying characteristic to be president

Who said it?

Pence?

Had to be someone in the '16 primary.

Good catch.  You guys are good.

Thanks for the guesses guys.  It was Lindsay Graham. 

So kiidcarter8, do you agree?  Is (one showing of) a  lack of respect for people who served a disqualifying characteristic for a President?

No.  Of course not.

Who can govern our nation best, among those put forth?

As you know I thought it was Chris Christie.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49400 on: September 04, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »

Today's quiz:

At the heart of Donald Trump's statement is a lack of respect for those who have served - a disqualifying characteristic to be president

Who said it?

Pence?

Had to be someone in the '16 primary.

Good catch.  You guys are good.

Thanks for the guesses guys.  It was Lindsay Graham. 

So kiidcarter8, do you agree?  Is (one showing of) a  lack of respect for people who served a disqualifying characteristic for a President?

No.  Of course not.

Who can govern our nation best, among those put forth?

As you know I thought it was Chris Christie.

But between Trump and Clinton you thought it was Trump, who you think is doing a fine job. And between Trump and Biden, you still think it is Trump.

And while you mock me for ostensibly cheering for more COVID-19 deaths, it is you who consistently makes it clear that you don't particularly care how many more die, so long as your leader's mandate to put everybody back in school and have college football played as usual is met.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49401 on: September 04, 2020, 03:01:31 PM »

Today we passed Sweden in number of deaths per million.

In 3 days or so we will pass Italy. It will take a week to ten days to pass the UK. It might be as long as 3 weeks before we pass Spain.

So much winning!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #49402 on: September 04, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »

UC Irvine is the best research hospital around, and Orange County has lowered the numbers of the corona virus to being so low that the Governor is no longer monitoring the OC. And the OC has very low death rates.

The OC needs to share our research results with the rest of the world, and the doctors and research hospitals all around the world need to share information.

https://uci.edu/

http://www.ucihealth.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California,_Irvine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California,_Irvine_Medical_Center

I read that the Russians were trying to steal information, and that is just silly, they should be given information freely, as we all try to battle this horrible disease, like with Polio. Researchers need to share information.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #49403 on: September 04, 2020, 04:25:59 PM »

There was a shooting at a highrise apartment building in Santa Ana, and that is why it is important to have door men, and valets, like at the highrise condominium building where I worked in Hollywood, when I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, no one could go in or out without going by me, and we used to park their cars for them and then go get their cars, so there was no way they could get in or out without going by us.

One time a guy tried to be a tough guy and abused his girlfriend, and they called me and they told me what happened and they told me to tell the guy that he was not welcome at the building anymore and not to come back. I backed his car into a metal pole and smashed his bumper as I got his car, a Mercedes, and I gave him his car and I told him never to come back, I told him that he was not welcome there. We did not allow our people in our building to be abused.

It made the stars feel safe to know that I was downstairs standing outside the door of the building. And no one got in or out without approval.

The highrise buildings in Santa Ana need to have door men, and valets, and armed security guards if needed, It is easy to secure a highrise building, and crime does not need to happen there, those buildings can be secured like the one where I worked in Hollywood. We did not allow crime in our building.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49404 on: September 04, 2020, 04:29:43 PM »

Our history annotated Biden style:

People fear that which is different. We've got to, for example, why in God's name don't we teach history in history classes? A Black man invented the light bulb, not a White guy named Edison," Biden said.

Kenosha, Wisconsin - September 3,2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49405 on: September 04, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »

People fear that which is different. We've got to, for example, why in God's name don't we teach history in history classes? A Black man invented the light bulb, not a White guy named Edison," Biden said.

Edison developed the light bulb but Lewis Lattimer made it work.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49406 on: September 04, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »

Why don't you talk about Trump, the Liar in Chief?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/fox-news-confirms-shocking-story-on-trumps-contempt-for-american-troops-after-the-president-argued-it-was-fake/

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49407 on: September 04, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-09-04-20-intl/h_e2022a616e9936fccf97e4edc28e4de3

The president is "simply wrong" about a vaccine in October, says the editor-in-chief of Lancet.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49408 on: September 04, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/health/oleandrin-coronavirus-fda-mypillow/index.html

Mr. MyPillow's preferred COVID solution has been nixed by the FDA.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49409 on: September 04, 2020, 05:56:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/politics/2020-election-kanye-west-virginia-ballot/index.html

West's campaign took two blows on Thursday. A judge booted him from the ballot in Virginia, saying the campaign fraudulently or improperly collected signatures. And in Arizona, a judge blocked West from appearing on the ballot.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/politics/kanye-west-presidential-bid/index.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:00:49 PM by Echo2 »
Pages: 1 ... 3292 3293 [3294] 3295 3296 ... 4288