Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3598 3599 [3600] 3601 3602 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584988 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53985 on: October 20, 2020, 07:58:27 PM »

I saw that. Popcorn Sunday.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/20/bloomberg-trump-florida-spending-430236

Acumen over evil, not that Bloomberg isn’t a fair bit evil himself. At least he’s sane with some evil tendencies, a pile of cash, and a good idea of where to spend some of it in order to save democracy from a bunch of moron goons.

Rotted pumpkin with false teeth jammed in indeed!

One doubts if the barking brat will have the stones to show up Thursday night.

He’s putting on his Burka and has asked Jared to wisk him away to the Kingdom.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53986 on: October 20, 2020, 08:09:12 PM »

May Hod have mercy on us though we don’t deserve it.

These are crimes against humanity  and someone has to held to account

"People ask when we will find all of these families and, sadly, I can’t give an answer. I just don’t know. But we will not stop looking until we have found every one of the families, no matter how long it takes. The tragic reality is that hundreds of parents were deported to Central America without their children, who remain here with foster families or distant relatives.”

https://news.yahoo.com/lawyers-cant-parents-545-migrant-222224064.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53987 on: October 20, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

10 states reported their highest number of new COVID-19 cases thus far.

The US had its highest number of new cases nationally since July for a single day, with more than 70,000. The 7 day average for new daily cases is its highest in two months.

We've gone up roughly 60% in the average daily cases since we hit a low about 5 weeks ago, to the level we were at an equivalent time before that.

Deaths?

Highest number of average daily deaths in 3 weeks. Still in the generally flat area it's been in since September 8th, except for a small spite for a couple days.

This is unfortunately consistent with what I'd suggested 3 days ago when I answered that question last:

It's been just over a month since the cases started to climb again. With cases having climbed 10,000/day (35k/day to 45k/day) in the first 20 days of that period and then 10,000 per day, up to close to 56,000/day, and the previously noted increases in hospitalizations, it would be a very pleasant surprise if deaths did not start going back up again, as well.

But cases, too, continue to climb - hitting the highest they have been since August 3rd. And the highest at all was only 9 days before that and just over 9,000 more average cases than we're at now. I fear we will blow past that
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53988 on: October 20, 2020, 10:39:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/politics/trump-china-taxes-financial-records/index.html

Trump has a Chinese bank account.

I suspect it is not mentioned in his federal financial filings.

And "Joe is soft on China" has a hollow ring to it, between this and Ivanka's patents.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #53989 on: October 20, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »

221,000  dead in 7 months.
So we're talking an average of 1,000 Americans dead every day for 7 months.
 Amazing.  That's what happens when you have a crisis and an inept gov't.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53990 on: October 20, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »

Asked what the Senate should make its top priority right now, 66% of U.S. likely voters answered coronavirus relief and 34% said filling the Supreme Court vacancy, the poll released Tuesday found. In the states of Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, 62% of respondents said the Senate should focus on Covid-19 aid, and 38% said it should prioritize filling the seat.

From CNBC

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #53991 on: October 20, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »

I really should have arranged to vote in Florida where my family has an empty apartment (from an old aunt who died nearly  a decade ago).  But that would have involved going back to the US in 2019, which I thought about but didn't arrange.        I probably could have also arranged to vote in PA where my sister lives.  I could legitimately make the FLA apt my residence in the US.  Saying I lived with my sister or registering to vote from there might not be kosher.  But I haven't lived in NJ in nearly 3 decades, so not much difference and I am entitled to vote from somewhere. 
Not much difference than the Trumps voting in Florida instead of NY.  Some venue shopping is legit.  But voting in NJ is rather a waste.  I'd never heard of the guy running against Cory Book.  And the presidential race isn't contested.  Only thing useful in NJ is to vote for marijuana this go round, to vote any primary challenger to Sen Menendez next time he runs, and to vote NJ Guv, where the GOP often runs well after some ridiculous Dem Guv scandal.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53992 on: October 20, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »

13 days until The Moment of Truth.....

Trump has already delivered the worst he’s claiming a Biden administration could ever bring.

If people believed him, and he weren’t so much uglier than Biden both inside and out, trump might still have a chance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53993 on: October 20, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »

I really should have arranged to vote in Florida where my family has an empty apartment (from an old aunt who died nearly  a decade ago).  But that would have involved going back to the US in 2019, which I thought about but didn't arrange.        I probably could have also arranged to vote in PA where my sister lives.  I could legitimately make the FLA apt my residence in the US.  Saying I lived with my sister or registering to vote from there might not be kosher.  But I haven't lived in NJ in nearly 3 decades, so not much difference and I am entitled to vote from somewhere. 
Not much difference than the Trumps voting in Florida instead of NY.  Some venue shopping is legit.  But voting in NJ is rather a waste.  I'd never heard of the guy running against Cory Book.  And the presidential race isn't contested.  Only thing useful in NJ is to vote for marijuana this go round, to vote any primary challenger to Sen Menendez next time he runs, and to vote NJ Guv, where the GOP often runs well after some ridiculous Dem Guv scandal.
As luck would have it I have 7 places I can vote from and I do, often more than once.
Per location.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #53994 on: October 21, 2020, 12:05:03 AM »

Red enjoys voting against local muncipalities school bond issues. Red feels education is of little use for the locals, besides how much education does a future gardner or cleaning lady really need?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53995 on: October 21, 2020, 12:15:19 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/opinion/biden-supreme-court.html

Reagan's Solicitor General on what Biden should do about SCOTUS.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53996 on: October 21, 2020, 12:38:48 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/lawyers-say-they-can-t-find-parents-545-migrant-children-n1244066

545 migrant children's parents have proven beyond the attorney's ability to track down, despite the court's order to do just that.

The Trump administration instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in 2018 that separated migrant children and parents at the southern U.S. border. The administration later confirmed that it had actually begun separating families in 2017 along some parts of the border under a pilot program. The ACLU and other pro-bono law firms were tasked with finding the members of families separated during the pilot program.

Unlike the 2,800 families separated under zero tolerance in 2018, most of whom remained in custody when the policy was ended by executive order, many of the more than 1,000 parents separated from their children under the pilot program had already been deported before a federal judge in California ordered that they be found.

Crimes against humanity.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53997 on: October 21, 2020, 01:26:25 AM »

Red enjoys voting against local muncipalities school bond issues. Red feels education is of little use for the locals, besides how much education does a future gardner or cleaning lady really need?

Plus he’s got a desiccated carcass so bloated it doesn’t fit in conventional housing. You’ve got to be a fat ass to blow that hard and suck as profoundly as jolly old Red.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53998 on: October 21, 2020, 01:35:16 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/20/1988202/-BREAKING-DeJoy-Pulling-All-Postal-Cops-Off-Duty-2-Weeks-Before-Election

Tuesday has come and gone. Now you Impeach DeJoy and that becomes the presiding Senate business.

Fuck with the mail, it costs you a Justice.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3598 3599 [3600] 3601 3602 ... 4288