Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3606 3607 [3608] 3609 3610 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601275 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54105 on: October 21, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »

Several prominent Lone Star State Republicans joined in a call organized by the Texas Democratic Party to ask GOP voters to put country ahead of party and vote out President Donald Trump.

"It's not just enough to sound off against the president," said Republican donor Jacob Monty, who served on Trump's Hispanic Task Force before publicly parting ways over the president's anti-immigrant rhetoric. "We need to vote for Joe Biden. The consequences are just too great if we don't."

Monty, who helped mobilize Latinx voters for Republican George W. Bush's two presidential campaigns said Trump's racially divisive politics and lack of respect for military personnel are antithetical to his beliefs. For the first time in his life, he's now voting for a Democrat on the top of the ticket.

"All of that changed when Donald Trump descended that escalator and called us rapists and murderers," Monty said...

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2020/10/21/texas-republicans-blast-trump-on-conference-call-urge-gop-voters-to-cast-ballots-for-joe-biden
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54106 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:32 PM »

Why waste time on Climate Change?
Maybe to give the TV audience a potty break?

Lets assume climate change is a 50-50 proposition, as maybe the 97% of scientists who feel its critical to earth's health and future generations ability to live here, have an equal chance of being right or wrong.

If they're right, we should take it seriously

If they'te wrong, we've wasted a few minutes of the candidates time.

So even if only a small % of the electorate believe its important, given its possible massive importance, perhaps the two candidates who could shape or ignore answers or non-answers, to the problem, non-problem might devote some time to outlining where they come out on the subject and whether they believe we can weather the weather.

And Red if the subject bores you, which it may, you can take a potty break and jerk-off to Jeffrey Toobin's dick.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54107 on: October 21, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/21/opinion/trump-anti-gipper-has-turned-young-voters-against-gop/

Trump, the anti-Gipper, has turned young voters against the GOP
Reagan expanded the Republican Party by growing its base; Trump has done the opposite.
[/i]

The anti-Gipper.

heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54108 on: October 21, 2020, 07:03:53 PM »

Commander of Thieves.

When Donald Trump announced that he was running for president in 2015, he promised he would pay for his own campaign. “I don’t need anybody’s money,” the billionaire said. “I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich.”

Five years later, things have changed. Donald Trump is still really rich, of course, but he’s no longer touting the amount of money he’s putting into his campaign. The reason is simple: After spending $66 million on his 2016 run, the president has donated exactly $0 to his 2020 bid, according to the latest Federal Election Commission filings, released Tuesday night. Instead, Trump has managed to extract millions of dollars from his own reelection effort, by having his private companies charge the campaign for things like rent, food and even I.T. help. In this way, the president has shifted $2.4 million from his political supporters to his private business, according to an analysis of filings.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/21/how-trump-and-the-gop-moved-81-million-of-donor-money-into-the-presidents-business/#2c95bee76f47

Suckers!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54109 on: October 21, 2020, 07:07:40 PM »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:09:20 PM by UNO »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54110 on: October 21, 2020, 07:10:19 PM »

Why waste time on Climate Change?
Maybe to give the TV audience a potty break?

Lets assume climate change is a 50-50 proposition, as maybe the 97% of scientists who feel its critical to earth's health and future generations ability to live here, have an equal chance of being right or wrong.

If they're right, we should take it seriously

If they'te wrong, we've wasted a few minutes of the candidates time.

So even if only a small % of the electorate believe its important, given its possible massive importance, perhaps the two candidates who could shape or ignore answers or non-answers, to the problem, non-problem might devote some time to outlining where they come out on the subject and whether they believe we can weather the weather.

And Red if the subject bores you, which it may, you can take a potty break and jerk-off to Jeffrey Toobin's dick.

That time could be used for a discussion of how much of his DNA trump should be handing over to E Jean Carrol to match up with his rape stain.

It could be used to discuss whether or not trump could qualify to man a fast food drive-through station. (Spoiler alert: trump can’t qualify because of terrible interpersonal skills, hygiene habits, and inability to make correct change)

It could be used to discuss how trump has sold out and failed the nation’s miners and farmers, but that topic circles right around to climate change.

I guess the candidates will just have to discuss it then.

“Trump” means “Castro” in English ads are running heavy in South Florida.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54111 on: October 21, 2020, 07:13:43 PM »

Maureen Dowd!

"I’ve seen the Giuliani moment in Borat 2. It’s even wilder than it sounds. Beyond cringe."

https://twitter.com/maureendowd/status/1318956190131511297

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54112 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »

See ya!

GOP political giant Peter Secchia dies at 83 after contracting COVID-19

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/obituaries/2020/10/21/gop-political-giant-peter-secchia-dies-83/3714544001/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #54114 on: October 21, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

The Rudy Giuliani story got even funnier today when a fake text conversation between Rudy and an Ivanka impersonator was taken to be a genuine prank....

https://www.mediaite.com/news/rachel-maddow-and-others-fall-for-fake-texts-between-giuliani-and-a-college-student-posing-as-ivanka-trump/

And here's the original Guardian story,  which includes Rudy's initial response to Baron Cohen entering his room,  and his later explanation of difficulty he was having with his shirttails.   Funny stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/21/rudy-giuliani-faces-questions-after-compromising-scene-in-new-borat-film

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54115 on: October 21, 2020, 07:36:16 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/documents-ghislaine-maxwell-criminal-case-225600371.html

Jeff Epstein's great friend Donald might be nervous about this one.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54116 on: October 21, 2020, 07:40:09 PM »

But her emails...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54117 on: October 21, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54118 on: October 21, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54119 on: October 21, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »

Stupid CNN header of the day

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/politics/melania-trump-campaign-trail-election-2020/index.html

Is she too ill to campaign 2 weeks before the election?

How could that be?

Your concern is quite appreciated

Special show, just for you, kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QWULSog5I

Unless others of you would like to see the great POTUS, Obama in Philly!

Pages: 1 ... 3606 3607 [3608] 3609 3610 ... 4288