Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597168 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55290 on: October 30, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »

"Recent surveys find that about 40% of adult Americans own a gun or live with someone who does."

If 10% of Americans own guns and are married, that would account for half of those people, leaving 30% of American homes owning guns.

In some states, almost every family has a gun. In others, very few do. My comment about the cities is true, whether you like it or not.

Where I live,  a lot of people are like me:  married or partnered with someone who has inherited guns.   If it was up to me,  I'd take most of them down to the police station tomorrow (they'll take them off your hands and chop them up in a machine shop somewhere)  and just keep the nonfunctional one that's sort of a museum piece.   The only bond I have with it is that I,  too,  am becoming a museum piece. 

I resist the idea that if you have several of a thing,  it's a "collection"-- usually it's just junk.   

Mmmm,  chocolate gelt!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:21:03 PM by barton »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55291 on: October 30, 2020, 07:25:31 PM »

It was very disappointing so many in here could not conceive the level of evil this Administration is capable because they don’t have it documented and there’s no evidence of a conscious fifteen year plan like THE final solution.

Now you're flat out lieing.

Trump's evil has been acknowledged here for years.

But to conflate the issue of Trump's evil and covid as a final solution is idiotic and only diminshes what was arguably the worst genocide in history.

I'm very disappointed in you for maintaining your bullshit for what appears vanity's sake and holding to the fiction that Hitler's evil 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and that he in fact eradicated 6 million of the 9 million (66%) of European Jews, can some how be equated with Trump's bumbling and inept handling of covid,

That people of color have been more suspectible to the disease was not planned by Trump. People of color tend to live in populous cities and have certain medical conditions that made them more vulnerable.

And yes Trump is still evil.

But it was about him, that's all he cares about.

Covid infected indiscriminatly it wsn't a final solution to anything. If Trump had half a brain he would have acted quicker, listened to the science, controlled the disease months ago, and would likely be on his way to a 2nd term. (as scary as that is) But he was afraid that tellig the truth would hurt the stock market and hurt him. So he lied to protect his ass,

Yes he's a racist prick, but covid was not his final solution .

And you're still a  fucking idiot.

And i say that with a heavy heart to a fellow MOT.

heh

what times the party?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:27:39 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55292 on: October 30, 2020, 08:00:22 PM »

It was very disappointing so many in here could not conceive the level of evil this Administration is capable because they don’t have it documented and there’s no evidence of a conscious fifteen year plan like THE final solution.

Now you're flat out lieing.

Trump's evil has been acknowledged here for years.

But to conflate the issue of Trump's evil and covid as a final solution is idiotic and only diminshes what was arguably the worst genocide in history.

I'm very disappointed in you for maintaining your bullshit for what appears vanity's sake and holding to the fiction that Hitler's evil 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and that he in fact eradicated 6 million of the 9 million (66%) of European Jews, can some how be equated with Trump's bumbling and inept handling of covid,

That people of color have been more suspectible to the disease was not planned by Trump. People of color tend to live in populous cities and have certain medical conditions that made them more vulnerable.

And yes Trump is still evil.

But it was about him, that's all he cares about.

Covid infected indiscriminatly it wsn't a final solution to anything. If Trump had half a brain he would have acted quicker, listened to the science, controlled the disease months ago, and would likely be on his way to a 2nd term. (as scary as that is) But he was afraid that tellig the truth would hurt the stock market and hurt him. So he lied to protect his ass,

Yes he's a racist prick, but covid was not his final solution .

And you're still a  fucking idiot.

And i say that with a heavy heart to a fellow MOT.

heh

what times the party?

And you’re a LITERAL asshole. I can use a metaphor and if you’re too stupid to get it then fuck you.

https://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2020/09/herd-mentality-trump-rolls-out-his-final-solution-covid-19

Kush mean shvarts tokhes
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55293 on: October 30, 2020, 08:07:29 PM »

Knicks I've been called worse than that.

But like you, the whining idiot crying that at me, was usually upset that I pansted them and exposed their idiotic ideas.

And all it takes is using facts and using them in proper context.

Heated rhetoric is fine, but facts usually wins the debate.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings.

I understand you're upset, so I'll get the party info from Utley he has everone's info.

go figure

heh

achtung, y'all

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55294 on: October 30, 2020, 08:35:13 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/us/utah-emergency-alert-covid-19-trnd/index.html

Utah sent a statewide text message warning about the spread of COVID-19 and the too crowded conditions at their hospitals.

Damned liberals making a big deal out of nothing.

Right, Kid?!

Media blowing it out of proportion!

Turning the corner... to 100,00+ new cases in a day, that is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55295 on: October 30, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »

Who in their right mind would trust kid with a brisket?

All around bad idea.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55296 on: October 30, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »

I'm confused here.  He never equated the two things.  He said "final solution of sorts".   There is a lot that is open interpretation in that statement.  You're choosing to interpret it as "99.99% exactly like Hitler's final solution".   I don't think he meant it that way. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:10:21 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55297 on: October 30, 2020, 09:09:48 PM »

Can't you guys just give it a rest?

You guys?

Don’t forget who came slinking back into this place incognito with a new moniker but with the same old Schtick.

But sure, Yank.

Both sides is a real good take.
You're better than he is.

Knicks is once again hosting this year's  Elba Hanukkah party.

Red's bringing latkes, or maybe Josh is, I'm not sure, I guess they'll work it out as they usually do.

kid's on brisket duty,

I'm bringing the traditional bottle of tequila.

yank is bringing the dreidel

because what's an elba hanukkah party without everyone putting their own spin on it

i think bambu will light the first candle

and then the cross on the lawn.

bart's bringing chocolate gelt

I think Utley is bringing the goodwill he shows all year round.

its going to be a helluva party, wouldn't miss it for the world

heh
My invitation must have been delayed in the Trumpian dysfunctional postal service.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

oilcan

« Reply #55298 on: October 30, 2020, 09:13:14 PM »

If they're bringing tequila,  you've got to bring Lime!   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55299 on: October 30, 2020, 09:13:27 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55300 on: October 30, 2020, 09:15:59 PM »

If they're bringing tequila,  you've got to bring Lime!   

I was so hoping someone would get it.

heh

oilcan

« Reply #55301 on: October 30, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »

Heh!

On a serious note,  I really love latkes.   Eat a few and you know you've been fed!  

It's like nature's way of putting three thousand calories on one plate.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55302 on: October 30, 2020, 09:27:43 PM »

I'm confused here.  He never equated the two things.  He said "final solution of sorts".   There is a lot that is open interpretation in that statement.  You're choosing to interpret it as "99.99% exactly like Hitler's final solution".   I don't think he meant it that way.

In knicks original post on the subject he called covid the "final" solution"

and Utley called him out on using "a poor choice of words".

and then I called knicks out but I was more specifc, questioning whether he really meant to link the accepted understanding of "final solution" (the holocaust) and covid.

In a response knicks unequivocally doubled down as to his intentional use of words and meaning.

It was only after several back and forth that it appeared knicks started to back away from his interpretation of covid as a Trump's final solution to darker skinned peoples, to a recently calling it a final solution to the US.

Which seems idiotic and I did not pursue.

The point was he said he intentionally equated Hitler's "final solution" to a virus which infects regardless of race, color, creed relgion, or country of origin, or sox, yankee mets or indian (yes I sad it) fan!

He seems to be backing away from his first hot take.

I hope that clears up your confusion kam.

or go back and read initial posts as I just gave you a QnD of the back and forth.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55303 on: October 30, 2020, 09:30:35 PM »

Heh!

On a serious note,  I really love latkes.   Eat a few and you know you've been fed!  

It's like nature's way of putting three thousand calories on one plate.

OC-your the guy to bring the oil for the menorah and to re-heat the latkes!

bring just enough for one day!

For those who don't get that, knicks will tell the story of hannukkah.

Its going to be great!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55304 on: October 30, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »

Can't you guys just give it a rest?

You guys?

Don’t forget who came slinking back into this place incognito with a new moniker but with the same old Schtick.

But sure, Yank.

Both sides is a real good take.
You're better than he is.

Knicks is once again hosting this year's  Elba Hanukkah party.

Red's bringing latkes, or maybe Josh is, I'm not sure, I guess they'll work it out as they usually do.

kid's on brisket duty,

I'm bringing the traditional bottle of tequila.

yank is bringing the dreidel

because what's an elba hanukkah party without everyone putting their own spin on it

i think bambu will light the first candle

and then the cross on the lawn.

bart's bringing chocolate gelt

I think Utley is bringing the goodwill he shows all year round.

its going to be a helluva party, wouldn't miss it for the world

heh
My invitation must have been delayed in the Trumpian dysfunctional postal service.

Boz

you have to be there, you're wait for it

Hanukkah Hairy!
Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 4288