Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3759 3760 [3761] 3762 3763 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877292 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56400 on: November 09, 2020, 08:44:52 AM »

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/11/07/pa-electoral-college-popular-vote

The PA legislature says their electors will go for the national popular vote winner.
LOL, you ingesting stupid pills tonight?
What, you afraid he raided your stash?

Nah, for a rarity, he's got a valid point.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #56401 on: November 09, 2020, 09:27:04 AM »

Everyone understood the PA legislature refers to the popular vote in PA,  right?   There was no actual news there beyond "PA follows the law again,  as it has for a couple centuries... "   They didn't suddenly decide to activate an interstate compact. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56402 on: November 09, 2020, 09:30:54 AM »

Everyone understood the PA legislature refers to the popular vote in PA,  right?   There was no actual news there beyond "PA follows the law again,  as it has for a couple centuries... "   They didn't suddenly decide to activate an interstate compact.

I misunderstood at first. Hence my comment about Ward's having a point for a change.

Instead, the PA news was 'merely' that they were not going to follow the push from some for them to appoint GOP electors instead of Biden electors.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56403 on: November 09, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »

The DJIA is looking at a 1500+ futures increase, before the bell, based on Pfizer's preliminary take on their vaccine's being 90% effective/safe.

Just imagine where it would be had the DJIA not removed Pfizer from its roster a few months ago!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56404 on: November 09, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nevada-election-results-the-3-000-challenged-votes-11604863720

What's that?

Military votes are being challenged, after they voted legally in NV, following a transfer out of state.

oilcan

« Reply #56405 on: November 09, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »

SC hears args tomorrow on the ACA.   This is a huge thing for millions. 

I also misunderstood the PA electoral thing at first.   Glad they're not going to allow faithless electors.   The faithless option would mos def bring down the EC for good.   

oilcan

« Reply #56406 on: November 09, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »

Another bullshit legal challenge in NV.   Guinness Book,  I've got your new World's Sorest Losers...

barton

« Reply #56407 on: November 09, 2020, 10:43:57 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56408 on: November 09, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »

Not rocket science,  Kid.  Postmarked by Nov.  3.  Slow mail.   A few days allowed so ballots can get through mail.   

Much evidence of that is in the gar-bage.

Provide it. And choose credible sources. We'll wait.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56409 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »

So, you oppose unity?

You think that Biden was wrong when he said that "there are no blue states and no red states, there is only the United States"?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56410 on: November 09, 2020, 10:53:23 AM »

The PA legislature says their electors will go for the national popular vote winner.

They hide their guilt quite well

What guilt? Explain why counting votes from legitimate voters leads to "guilt".

barton

« Reply #56411 on: November 09, 2020, 10:59:13 AM »

"The Democrats will face significant backlash for this and as per usual, they’ve gone way too far,” said a former senior administration official. “Making a list of your political enemies and promising that they will get payback and people will go after them because they worked for a different political party is literally fascism.”   

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293

Though I'm with AOC on some policy positions, I think this is a mistake on her part.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56412 on: November 09, 2020, 11:05:53 AM »

Spent yesterday walking around Philly. It was a beautiful day, especially in Old City, where Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell remind us how this city has been fighting tyranny since 1776. They were both crowded with tourists, too.

Especially the Liberty Bell.

The city was calm, peaceful, and lit by a warm November sun, one more suited for June than this time of year. Everywhere quiet conversations took place regarding the election. And there was joy on some faces, and serenity on others, but what wasn't present was anger, or rage, or disappointment. And it felt wonderful.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:08:32 AM by UNO »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56413 on: November 09, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »

"The Democrats will face significant backlash for this and as per usual, they’ve gone way too far,” said a former senior administration official. “Making a list of your political enemies and promising that they will get payback and people will go after them because they worked for a different political party is literally fascism.”   

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293

Though I'm with AOC on some policy positions, I think this is a mistake on her part.

I think it is who she is.

She needs to mature as a person and understand that a MODERATE won this election. Learn, AOC, learn.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56414 on: November 09, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »

Kid's newspaper, the Washington Times, destroys fake news: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-campaign-displays-doctored-newspaper-215539568.html
Pages: 1 ... 3759 3760 [3761] 3762 3763 ... 4288