Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4013 4014 [4015] 4016 4017 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995250 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60210 on: December 15, 2020, 01:02:38 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-systemic-racism-in-charts-graphs-data-2020-6

Since you asked, despite my knowing you will blow them off, again.
The charts do not prove racism, nor could they.

Yes, my point exactly.

Nobody can ever prove anything to you.

You are, after all, the man who denied misspelling a word that was blatantly misspelled.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60211 on: December 15, 2020, 01:13:05 AM »

Yes, my point exactly.

You are, after all, the man who denied misspelling a word that was blatantly misspelled.
LOL 
You expect to prove racism because white people ( 60 per cent of the population) have more CEOs ( etc)
than blacks ( 13.4%) ?
Seriously?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60212 on: December 15, 2020, 02:22:16 AM »

You really need a hobby...
Sadly, he has one, and it is you.

I thought UNO said he was in year one of a seven year trek to circumnavigate his own idiocy.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60213 on: December 15, 2020, 02:29:00 AM »

Yes, my point exactly.

LOL 
You expect to prove racism because white people ( 60 per cent of the population) have more CEOs ( etc)
than blacks ( 13.4%) ?
Seriously?

As expected, a myopically ignorant cracker looks right path wage and income gaps. The truth is no friend to any of Red’s ideas. He must be huffing the newsmax again.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60214 on: December 15, 2020, 02:57:17 AM »

Yes, my point exactly.

LOL 
than blacks ( 13.4%) ?
Seriously?

As expected, a myopically ignorant cracker looks right path wage and income gaps. The truth is no friend to any of Red’s ideas. He must be huffing the newsmax again.

Yeah, there was no way he would consider the body of work any more than he has considered the clear evidence of systemic racism in our medical and housing fields, in the past.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #60215 on: December 15, 2020, 04:16:06 AM »

Explain how Op Warp Speed actually did anything to speed up or create a vaccine.

I've read that the vaccines were basically created in a very short time and the big delay was testing them out for safety and efficacy.

It helped that the Trump Admin said they would buy the vaccine and pay for it, but it was obvious that even if it were paid for by insurance and out of pocket, hundreds of millions of doses would be sold.  So the gov't guarantee didn't change much.

Is distribution part of Op WS, and if so, what is the federal gov't doing with regards to distribution?

Just saying Op Warp Speed was successful doesn't actually make it so.  What specifically did it do or how did it speed up or make anything possible?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #60216 on: December 15, 2020, 07:35:00 AM »

The prez was clueless about CV-19. Maskless to the bitter end. Caused many deaths that could have been prevented, by bad example. The concept of OWS does not seem to fit. Problem, what problem?

New Hampshire’s GOP governor blasts anti-maskers after House speaker dies of covid-19: ‘Don’t act like a bunch of children’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/11/dick-hinch-dead-speaker-covid/

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60217 on: December 15, 2020, 07:49:48 AM »

At least in Pandemic America, Biden will be secluded for most of the first year, during which the political temperature hopefully drops down, as the country becomes disinfected of the disease and trumpism.
Thanks to Operation Warp Speed and Donald Trump
Yez, Trump's mishandling of the virus is why Biden will be secluded most of the first year. Glad you are admitting that.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60218 on: December 15, 2020, 08:06:25 AM »

Quote from: LarryBnDC link=topic=55.msg15856
I only have one more Atlantic read until subscribe in January. I’m unwilling to do that so you should excerpt the relevant points, print them out and eat them.

Simply delete all cookies for The Atlantic on your browser and you're back in business.

For Chrome it's really easy as you just click the little icon at the left of the address bar, and get a drop down menu with site info including cookies.  Just click on the cookies and delete all of 'em (the cookie folders, not one at a time).  Takes 5 secs.

I think you missed the point.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60219 on: December 15, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »

When Obama became President, I was genuinely concerned that somebody would try to assassinate him.  Racism in America is pretty hardcore.

SezYou? Based on what?

Sit down.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60220 on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »

At least in Pandemic America, Biden will be secluded for most of the first year, during which the political temperature hopefully drops down, as the country becomes disinfected of the disease and trumpism.

No, but thank you for playing.
LOL
Nice try Junior 
But Trump won that round.

300K dead.

He didn’t win shit.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60221 on: December 15, 2020, 09:05:16 AM »

Operation Warp Speed good news keeps a’comin.

The Food and Drug Ad­min­is­tra­tion said Tues­day that the Covid-19 vac­cine de­veloped by Mod­erna Inc. is “highly ef­fec­tive,” sug­gest­ing the vac­cine could soon be added to the ar­se­nal against the pan­demic.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #60222 on: December 15, 2020, 09:50:09 AM »

No, but thank you for playing.
LOL
Nice try Junior 
But Trump won that round.

300K dead.

He didn’t win shit.

Yup.

To talk about a Trump win when 500k+ Americans may die before the majority of Americans are vaccinated sems to define a pyrrhic victory.

Dictator Donnie's lost this war due to his lies and inept management.   

His legacy will be the Trumpdemic that didn't need to be and his failed coup to topple the legitimate government of the US.

Fuck him

barton

« Reply #60223 on: December 15, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »

“White people problems”?
How condescending of you.

Nope.   It's a reference to the Louis CK standup bit.   Worth Googling finding on a search engine.
ROFL
Who knew that Ward was such a Louis CK fan!?

barton

« Reply #60224 on: December 15, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »

Quote from: LarryBnDC link=topic=55.msg15856
I only have one more Atlantic read until subscribe in January. I’m unwilling to do that so you should excerpt the relevant points, print them out and eat them.

Simply delete all cookies for The Atlantic on your browser and you're back in business.

The Atlantic logs your IP address.   They figured out that people were doing the cookie dump.   We are subscribers now.  (if you move around between coffee shops all day,  or similar, your method still works I guess) The NYT also got wise to cookie dump. 
Pages: 1 ... 4013 4014 [4015] 4016 4017 ... 4288