Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4135 4136 [4137] 4138 4139 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870333 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62040 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »

Pelosi and Schumer currently speaking to the media and putting pressure on Pence to hold Trump accountable for his seditious actions, yesterday, and asking him and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment, or the House will impeach Trump, again. They've been in touch with Pence, and Pelosi expects to hear from Pence today, as to whether or not Pence is willing to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Unprecedented.

Does the VP need to be willing?

You should sue your school district.

Peace, Larry.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62041 on: January 07, 2021, 03:16:52 PM »

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thanks

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62042 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

The harpie Pelosi did this just for show, of course.  She knows Pence will not act on this.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62043 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »

"Domestic terrorists"?
Some would likely agree.

"Violent protesters"?
Some would likely agree.

As luck would have it, those scaling the walls/building and invading were not professional terrorists dressed as Trump supporters, ready and able to inflict a bloodbath and destruction of the building.
The politicians were "sitting ducks"...much like children in schools without proper security.

Instead only frenzied, unarmed protesters, intent on taking over the building to "reclaim democracy".
Seems to me they thought they were patriots saving the country.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62044 on: January 07, 2021, 03:43:35 PM »

The harpie Pelosi did this just for show, of course.  She knows Pence will not act on this.

Does she know that? Because word coming out of the Veep's office is they had never seen him so angry as he was yesterday when Trump unleashed his misinformed minions of mania deliberatedly putting the Veep and "Mother" and the rest of the Pence family in physical danger.

Some things are hard to forgive.

And it's not a show, when you consider that Trump is the ultimate security risk. Get him out. Lock him up.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:48:18 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #62045 on: January 07, 2021, 03:48:53 PM »

"Domestic terrorists"?
Some would likely agree.

"Violent protesters"?
Some would likely agree.

As luck would have it, those scaling the walls/building and invading were not professional terrorists dressed as Trump supporters, ready and able to inflict a bloodbath and destruction of the building.
The politicians were "sitting ducks"...much like children in schools without proper security.

Instead only frenzied, unarmed protesters, intent on taking over the building to "reclaim democracy".

Seems to me you don't shit about fuck.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62046 on: January 07, 2021, 03:58:10 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62047 on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »

Well...

changes will surely be made to the election system in this nation (in the states) - so that truths re: votes cannot be so hidden as in 2020.

Whether or not this extreme march, this protest, this terrorism adds any gusto to getting the desired changes is debatable.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #62048 on: January 07, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »

Eviscerating Cruz and other Confederates, and showing how Trump fulfilled his promise 4 years ago:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j1l-MICZk&feature=youtu.be

and showing how we are reaping what the GOP sowed:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUxQyLCBbk&feature=emb_logo

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62049 on: January 07, 2021, 04:11:05 PM »

No DCNG personnel shall be armed during this mission, and at no time, will DCNG personnel or assets be engaged in domestic surveillance, searches, or seizures of US persons," Bowser, a Democrat, wrote in the letter.
DC Police Chief Robert Contee told reporters on Monday that the National Guard will assist with "crowd management" and traffic control, freeing the city's police officers to focus on potential acts of violence and other security issues

It's not about Trump not ordering the NG, that Pence had to do it.  The ask was already approved - but the mayor EMPHASIZED that the NG were not to be armed.  THEN the chief of police stated that the NG would be there for traffic and crowd control, so that METRO POLICE COULD BE FREED TO DO THEIR JOBS.

Where the fuck were they?????  Stop hiding behind "we had to wait for Capitol Police to ask for our help".  And if you want to do so, lets hear from the head of CP as to why this ask was not invoked.

Press?  Do you want any answers?  This is our fucking national security we are talking about.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62050 on: January 07, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »

changes will surely be made to the election system in this nation (in the states) - so that truths re: votes cannot be so hidden as in 2020.

Trump's been blocked from uttering those lies, Kid. Why shouldn't I block you for the same reason?

As one woman said in the linked video, "it's a revolution." The guy in the picture below doesn't seem interested in changing the voting laws, unless it's to outlaw Blacks.

And as one of the speakers last night pointed out, on the subject of election security, the GOP has refused to act on voting security legislation.

So, yeah, shut the fuck up.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62051 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »

Well...

Whether or not this extreme march, this protest, this terrorism adds any gusto to getting the desired changes is debatable.

I'm pretty sure Biden won't sabotage the USPS, and I assume he will encourage voter registration and mail-in voting for coming elections so that the people's will can be better addressed. But its entirely possible that Repub governors or legislatures will gerrymander congressional districts and find new and exciting ways to suppress the votes to make sure only real patriots can express the truth.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #62052 on: January 07, 2021, 04:15:51 PM »

Well...

Except we just conducted the safest and most secure election in the US history.

But don't take my word for it: “The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

And who said this? In a joint statement they released on November 12, The members of Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Assistant Director Bob Kolasky, U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair Benjamin Hovland, National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) President Maggie Toulouse Oliver, National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) President Lori Augino, and Escambia County (Florida) Supervisor of Elections David Stafford – and the members of the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) – Chair Brian Hancock (Unisyn Voting Solutions), Vice Chair Sam Derheimer (Hart InterCivic), Chris Wlaschin (Election Systems & Software), Ericka Haas (Electronic Registration Information Center), and Maria Bianchi (Democracy Works)

So, fuck your "hidden votes" spin, kid.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:17:22 PM by UNO »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62053 on: January 07, 2021, 04:18:14 PM »

" The guy in the picture below doesn't seem interested in changing the voting laws, unless it's to outlaw Blacks.

He's looking for the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band concert.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62054 on: January 07, 2021, 04:25:13 PM »

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thanks
The key word being "and".
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 4135 4136 [4137] 4138 4139 ... 4288