Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4219 4220 [4221] 4222 4223 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603047 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63300 on: January 16, 2021, 04:47:42 PM »

By the Numbers:
How the Biden/Harris Immigration Platform Will Fuel a Staggering Increase of Immigrants and Population Growth.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/amnesty/numbers-how-biden-harris-immigration-platform

Just what's needed .....when all the problems listed earlier in this forum regarding housing shortages, poverty, lack of education health etc...exist...
..massive immigration, massive population increase 'immediately'...NOT.
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63301 on: January 16, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63302 on: January 16, 2021, 05:15:09 PM »

Not much time to get all the folks backed up in Mexico in and processed before those folks show up. Good thing we can start right away if we haven’t already.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63304 on: January 16, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »

I fully support programs which feed the hungry, because I know what it is like to be hungry. And no child should have to work for food to eat. 

I support helping the homeless, because I know what it is like to be homeless. The Bible tells us to help the homeless, and we need to be there for each other during the hard times. And we give money to people all over the world, we can at least help the homeless people here in the USA, we should help every American before we give one cent to another nation. When you are out there homeless then you feel like everyone hates you, and Jesus is all about love, so the Christians need to show love for the homeless and we need to all help the homeless, and we need to make the people feel loved instead of hated. We need more love in the world.

I support job creation, because I know what it is like to need a job. I know what it is like to just want to earn an honest living, I know what it is like to just want an honest day's wages for an honest day's work. And our hard work needs to be enough for us to earn food and shelter, etc.

I support health care for everyone, and I know what it is like to need health care. And we need good mental health care as well. And I support having Wellness Centers in every town where people can get help. 

I give a smile to a stranger because I know what it is like to need a smile from a stranger.

The hard times do not need to ruin us, we do not need to become hardened and bitter, we can be more gentle and helping and we can be more loving, it is all about the direction in which we wish to grow. I choose to grow to be more loving. And I still have boundaries, being more loving does not mean you will allow people into your life to abuse you. But, I will always give a few dollars to a homeless guy for a sandwich, and I will support ways of helping the needy, etc. And I will support programs for homeless actors, and I support creating more jobs in the entertainment industry, etc. And I will be a better boss, because I know what it is like to be desperate for an honest job with a good boss. 

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63305 on: January 16, 2021, 05:21:32 PM »

They are not countries, but districts and regions.

Georgia is a country.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63306 on: January 16, 2021, 05:24:20 PM »

I fully support programs which feed the hungry, because I know what it is like to be hungry. And no child should have to work for food to eat.

I support helping the homeless, because I know what it is like to be homeless.

I support job creation, because I know what it is like to need a job.

I support health care for everyone, and I know what it is like to need health care. And we need good mental health care as well. And I support having Wellness Centers in every town where people can get help.

Time for you to stop supporting the political party that has consistently opposed all of those things for decades, Tony.

Long since.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63307 on: January 16, 2021, 06:33:46 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/01/16/who-loves-america-inciting-a-riot-to-sack-the-capitol-gives-us-the-answer/

When republicans get over their hatred of America they can be allowed to return to the political process. Till then, they shall be hunted in their ranges and their nests until they can’t muster the numbers to threaten anyone any more.

The Republican Parth needs to go the way of the Whigs they replaced. We should treat them as if they were Carthage.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63308 on: January 16, 2021, 06:49:15 PM »

Trump First to the Last...

and from first to worst.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63309 on: January 16, 2021, 07:45:57 PM »

The US road death toll since 9/11 is about 700.000.
700,000 people...staggering number.
What about an advertising campaign..."Towards Zero".
Show a person interviewed...asked the question "What would be an acceptable number"? 
The person says say "200,000".
The person then has 200,000 people parade past, mom's, dads, kids, babies.
The person is shocked.
Then the slogan is announced " Towards Zero".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:14:10 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63310 on: January 16, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »

And?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63311 on: January 16, 2021, 08:28:12 PM »

Show a person interviewed...asked the question "What would be an acceptable number"? 
The person is shocked.

In 2001, we had more than 42,000 traffic deaths - 1.51 deaths per million miles driven, 14.79 people per 100,000.
In 2011, we had more than 32,000 traffic deaths - 1.1 deaths per million miles driven, 10.43 people per 100,000.
In 2018, we had more than 36,500 traffic deaths - 1.13 deaths per million miles driven, 11.18 people per 100,000.

Australia had a rate of deaths per 100,000 population of 4.3 in 2019, blowing the US away, for all that we are far better than we were 20, 30, 40 years ago.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63312 on: January 16, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »

And?

I got that wrong.
It would be 38,000...the yearly total.
Say 10,000 people parading past.
And?
The ad would hopefully make people drive more carefully so as to reduce the road toll to zero.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63313 on: January 16, 2021, 08:38:06 PM »

And?

I got that wrong.
It would be 38,000...the yearly total.
Say 10,000 people parading past.
And?
The ad would hopefully make people drive more carefully so as to reduce the road toll to zero.

Godz, you're a fool.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63314 on: January 16, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »

The person is shocked.

In 2001, we had more than 42,000 traffic deaths - 1.51 deaths per million miles driven, 14.79 people per 100,000.
In 2011, we had more than 32,000 traffic deaths - 1.1 deaths per million miles driven, 10.43 people per 100,000.
In 2018, we had more than 36,500 traffic deaths - 1.13 deaths per million miles driven, 11.18 people per 100,000.

Australia had a rate of deaths per 100,000 population of 4.3 in 2019, blowing the US away, for all that we are far better than we were 20, 30, 40 years ago.

I wasn't being critical, it's just a lot of people dying for nothing.
We have that Towards Zero campaign.
It is making a difference.
Speed cameras everywhere.
Cameras looking into cars from bridges, buildings etc catching drivers holding cell phones while driving.
Cops setting up randomly anywhere, testing 'everyone' fro drunk and drug driving.
No more court appearances, driving bans and fines are automatic.
Blow into the device, go over the limit, you get arrested and taken to the police station...blow into the alcohol machine or provide a drug test...fail the alcohol test you lose your licence for 9 months and pay $600 fine.
Drug test comes back from the lab positive, automatic licence suspension and fine.
Think you can appeal in court but good luck.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 4219 4220 [4221] 4222 4223 ... 4288