Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603663 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63645 on: January 19, 2021, 02:17:58 AM »

Everyone looks after themselves first in this world,
Mother Teresa-ilk are probably exceptions.

I look out for others, neighbours, etc.
But no way I'm any automatic good Samaritan.

It's understandable if you're not willing to stick your neck out for others.  Some people just don't have it in them. 

AND it's not required of you other than for your immediate family.  I hope you would for Mrs. Bambu.

But there's a reason it's called Public Service. Politicians are supposed to serve the greater good.  

If they want to look out for themselves they can enrich themselves in the private sector.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63646 on: January 19, 2021, 02:34:17 AM »

Everyone looks after themselves first in this world,
Mother Teresa-ilk are probably exceptions.

I look out for others, neighbours, etc.
But no way I'm any automatic good Samaritan.

It's understandable if you're not willing to stick your neck out for others.  Some people just don't have it in them. 

AND it's not required of you other than for your immediate family.  I hope you would for Mrs. Bambu.

But there's a reason it's called Public Service. Politicians are supposed to serve the greater good.  

If they want to look out for themselves they can enrich themselves in the private sector.

By "stick your neck out for others"...what examples of that, you mean, can go give me.

Didn't see any politicians standing up to the protesting invaders, they did exactly what I would've done,  ran away to fight another day.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63647 on: January 19, 2021, 02:38:29 AM »

It’s balanced by how terribly unlucky you’ve been in the brains department. Still, one can’t have it all.

Exactly.
Although, the learned Dem American man who came to stay told Mrs bambu he thought I was intelligent. :-)
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63648 on: January 19, 2021, 04:14:52 AM »

Far more polite than asking if you were repeatedly dropped on your head as a child.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63649 on: January 19, 2021, 05:56:02 AM »

Far more polite than asking if you were repeatedly dropped on your head as a child.

LOL

You run into the burning buildings, and chase after the thugs...while I phone the fire brigade and the cops.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:58:23 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63650 on: January 19, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »

Save Megyn Kelly.
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63651 on: January 19, 2021, 09:56:24 AM »

Waiting patiently for Trump's tax returns.....
His health care plan is just around the corner....
Hey is this Infrastructure Week?

I guess this is Trump's last chance to be "so presidential that you people will be so bored."
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #63652 on: January 19, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/18/2010134/-Parler-Lives-Again

It’s gone from covert Russian op to overt Russian op, just like the rest of America’s conservative movement....

Can't make this stuff up.   

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtemkin/status/1351240721261584385

They re-registered under a domain registrar called Epik which also handles the registration of other toxic sites like the white supremacist chat service Gab, and the neo-Nazi message board Daily Stormer.

barton

« Reply #63653 on: January 19, 2021, 10:46:19 AM »

“Now seems like the right time to remind you all — both lovers and haters — why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media,” the update read. “Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both. We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon.”

The message ended with a promise to “not let civil discourse perish!” because Parler has one hell of a martyr complex. The company’s repeatedly painted itself as the only thing standing between free speech online and unilateral censorship, whether because that’s a tried-and-true tactic to whip its user base into a frenzy or because Parler higher-ups have genuinely deluded themselves into believing their own gospel...

https://gizmodo.com/parlers-back-from-the-dead-with-a-domain-registered-to-1846078655

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63654 on: January 19, 2021, 11:00:45 AM »

“Now seems like the right time to remind you all — both lovers and haters — why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media,” the update read. “Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both. We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon.”

The message ended with a promise to “not let civil discourse perish!” because Parler has one hell of a martyr complex. The company’s repeatedly painted itself as the only thing standing between free speech online and unilateral censorship, whether because that’s a tried-and-true tactic to whip its user base into a frenzy or because Parler higher-ups have genuinely deluded themselves into believing their own gospel...

https://gizmodo.com/parlers-back-from-the-dead-with-a-domain-registered-to-1846078655

Bambu believes them. They, in their Russia-backed new environment, will be the only thing standing between civilization and godless communism! "Better read than dead."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63656 on: January 19, 2021, 01:05:17 PM »

White supremacist turns self in after storming Capitol with baseball bat

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-rioter-assault-police-baseball-bat

Wait a minute....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #63657 on: January 19, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »

Bambu believes them. They, in their Russia-backed new environment, will be the only thing standing between civilization and godless communism! "Better read than dead."

barton

« Reply #63658 on: January 19, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »

I love that the hosting company for Parler is located in Rostov-on-Don, in southern Russia.  If Chris Buckley or Carl Hiaasen were writing a political satire, I'd think they were clever to invent a detail like that. 

barton

« Reply #63659 on: January 19, 2021, 01:09:03 PM »

White supremacist turns self in after storming Capitol with baseball bat

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-rioter-assault-police-baseball-bat

Wait a minute....

Didn't click on this, but curious what your point is?
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 4288