Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584578 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #990 on: August 19, 2018, 09:05:00 PM »

Like Trump, I support their right to assemble - with the same respect I give BLM.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 19, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »

Reading kid's posts in this forum, I ask myself, does he believe what he posts, or is he just trolling the board for his amusement.

Either way its fucked up, he's either a racist/bigot or someone who isn't bright enough to understand or care about the corrosive and dangerous nature of prejudice on our country.

But I suspect its a little of both, he a racist, not very bright, and lacks the capacity to reason much beyond his immediate needs.

Bankshit joins the echo chamber chorus.

No one makes more personal attacks,"here", than you.

Those are your "immediate needs", to try to make your inadequacy as an individual fade from your conscience.

It won't.

You're still a sniveling coward, something kid is not.

Troll-When the message and the messenger eventually merge and become indistinguishable, I will eviscerate both.

I hope that clears it up for you, you gutless piece of shit.

You ducked Church Street. Wimp.

Kid would show. As did I.

Coward.

heh

nice spin you coward,

it was you who shit your pants, when I told you I had discussed your internet stalking with the Essex county DA.

your 180 denials were fucking hilarious

But thanks once again for confirming you're nothing but a perverted indecent stalker.

and stalker nothing good would ever come from our meeting.

but why don't you buddy up with kid, you guys seem well matched.

Still playing to the crowd, yellow one.

Sad.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 19, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »

Reading kid's posts in this forum, I ask myself, does he believe what he posts, or is he just trolling the board for his amusement.

Either way its fucked up, he's either a racist/bigot or someone who isn't bright enough to understand or care about the corrosive and dangerous nature of prejudice on our country.

But I suspect its a little of both, he a racist, not very bright, and lacks the capacity to reason much beyond his immediate needs.

Those are your "immediate needs", to try to make your inadequacy as an individual fade from your conscience.

It won't.

Troll-When the message and the messenger eventually merge and become indistinguishable, I will eviscerate both.

Coward.

heh

nice spin you coward,

it was you who shit your pants, when I told you I had discussed your internet stalking with the Essex county DA.

But thanks once again for confirming you're nothing but a perverted indecent stalker.

Sad.

Wrong again troll.

To coin a phrase, "I spoke truth to a coward."

To your credit you didn't even try to lie and deny the truth.

Now go fuck yourself you cowardly indecent piece of shit.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 19, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »

Utley seems to be a contraction for Utterly Nutty. Utz, you’ve gone nose blind to your own bat shit posts.

As for Antifa, the defense is simple. If you punch enough fascists hard enough early enough in their attempts to organize, you don’t have to go back around later and shoot them once they’ve gotten a head of steam.

As for trump, he’s utterly indefensible which is why all attempts to defend him are farcical failures.

As for Kiid, it was not wise of him to renounce his citizenship for another stab at his lost cause.

Crack is wack and crackers are wacker. Say no to both.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 19, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-fox-news-analyst-ralph-peters-calls-former-colleagues-sean-hannity-tucker-carlson-prostitutes?ref=home

Prostitute is the perfect label for sean hannity and tucker carlson. It encapsulates both their careers and their souls.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 20, 2018, 03:50:39 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 20, 2018, 03:59:02 AM »

Like Trump, I support their right to assemble - with the same respect I give BLM.

Like Trump, you deny that Trump is a racist.

You also seem to deny that his efforts to control things are fascist.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 20, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »

From CNN:

Brennan has publicly talked about that vote -- for Gus Hall for president in the 1970s -- but Trump was more concerned with the '50s on Sunday.

"Study the late Joseph McCarthy, because we are now in period with Mueller and his gang that make Joseph McCarthy look like a baby! Rigged Witch Hunt!" Trump said on Twitter.

The President may very well have studied McCarthy; in New York in the '70s, Trump was a protege of Roy Cohn, the lawyer who decades earlier helped McCarthy try to root out communists and allege ties to the Soviet Union.

McCarthy's effort, now seen almost universally as a stain on the country, saw him and Cohn run wild as they ruined lives and ginned up the Red Scare, alleging a communist infiltration in the State Department and producing a list of names he said were the culprits. He later held hearings about alleged communist sympathies in the Army. (Stylistically, McCarthy's secret list of communists and the innuendo he used to frighten Americans with a communist conspiracy theory shares more similarities with Trump's allegations of a "deep state" and his growing list of current and former government officials, including Brennan, whose security clearances Trump has either revoked or is reviewing).

Cohn, by the way, later worked with Roger Stone, an early Trump political ally who now figures in the Mueller investigation.

Trump appearing with Roy Cohn, who died in 1986.
Trump appearing with Roy Cohn, who died in 1986.
Trump's ties to McCarthy are stronger than any comparison of McCarthy to Mueller, who is not a senator trying to use public hearings and reports for political gain, but rather a special counsel who by all accounts is proceeding quietly and methodically.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 20, 2018, 07:52:47 AM »

It won't.

Coward.

heh

nice spin you coward,

Sad.

Wrong again troll.

Your "truth isn't truth",

You're the McCarthy of the fora.

Your default setting is to spin a lie and scream GFY.

You remain,  and  prove each day to be,  a  sad, impotent, pathetic Putz, stuck in a state of permanant early adolescence.

The Church Street Pussy.

Sad.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »

It won't.

Coward.

heh

nice spin you coward,

Sad.

Wrong again troll.

Your "truth isn't truth",

You're the McCarthy of the fora.

Your default setting is to spin a lie and scream GFY.

You remain,  and  prove each day to be,  a  sad, impotent, pathetic Putz, stuck in a state of permanant early adolescence.

The Church Street Pussy.

Sad.

Troll you prove every day how obssessed you are and how truly pathetic you are.

That is the truth and its all in plain sight for all to see.

And if you insist on signing off as the Church St Pussy so be it, but I'm still calling you an indecent stalker troll.

Enjoy your day

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1000 on: August 20, 2018, 08:48:51 AM »

If this was 1939 kid would be a member of the Bund.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:50:36 AM by LarryBnDC usetab Knicks12 »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 20, 2018, 09:44:22 AM »

"We had a great talk yesterday," Trump said of his meeting with Scott. "I think especially in light of the advent of Antifa, if you look at what's going on there. You have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also, and essentially that's what I said. Now, because of what's happened since then with Antifa — you look at really what's happened since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying and people have actually written, 'Gee, Trump might have a point.' I said, 'You've got some very bad people on the other side also,' which is true."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/politics/trump-antifa-charlottesville-tim-scott/index.html

You failed to quote Scott's response:

"My response was that, while that's true ... the real picture has nothing to do with who is on the other side. It has to do with the affirmation of hate groups who over three centuries of this country's history have made it their mission to create upheaval in minority communities as their reason for existence," Scott said Wednesday.

"I shared my thoughts of the last three centuries of challenges from white supremacists, white nationalists, KKK, Nazis. So there's no way to find an equilibrium when you have three centuries of history versus the situation that is occurring today," he added.

The fact that the President of the United States could spend that much time providing that much quote on the situation without once even mentioning White Supremacists (let alone condemning them) is extraordinarily bad.  Its a horror show.  And sorry, the only way you can not see that is if you sympathize with those White Supremacists.

Scott has it right....there is an attempt to create an equilibrium between the two sides that is self-evidently false.  One side would not exist without the horrors committed by the other.  That doesn't mean they are equivalent.  And by concentrating only on methodology, and not on the message you are purposfullly obfuscating your acceptance of race-based hatred.

Its a common technique employed by racists in an age when being openly racist is disqualifying.  You sympathize with the guys wearing white cloaks, so create a boogy man on the other side.  The Black Panthers, a distorted version of what BLM is, and now Antifa. 

"They beat people up too."

Who the fuck cares.  They wouldn't be there if there weren't Nazis marching in the streets.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 20, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »

A good check-in on how great Donald Trump's foreign policy has been (a few people here actually think it has been!)  The biggest moment of his Presidency is a complete sham:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/08/13/trump-did-not-solve-the-north-korea-problem-in-singapore-in-fact-the-threat-has-only-grown/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=fp

Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo swatted away such concerns, asserting that the two leaders had reached a clear understanding in their private exchange. They pointed to North Korea’s return of remains of American soldiers and its dismantlement of a satellite launch site as evidence of progress. Trump went even further, proclaiming that the North Korea nuclear problem had been “solved.” This likely reflected his faith in the importance of personal relationships and his belief that he and Kim had forged a personal bond in Singapore, and therefore the threat from North Korea had diminished.

But the problem has not been solved and in fact the threat has only grown since Singapore. In the intervening weeks, North Korea reportedly has been upgrading nuclear and missile facilities, increasing production of fuel for nuclear bombs at secret sites, building new long-range missiles, and exploring ways to hide the extent of its nuclear weapons program from the United States. While these reported activities do not violate the vague text of the Singapore summit joint statement, they shatter its spirit. Perhaps more importantly, they call into question the underlying assumption of Trump’s engagement with Kim Jong-un in the first place—that North Korea wants to exchange its nuclear and missile programs for a more prosperous future for its people.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 20, 2018, 09:54:38 AM »

If this was 1939 kid would be a member of the Bund.

And you'd be picking cotton, right?

STFU.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 20, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 4288