Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166490 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3870 on: October 05, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »

I think Brady is fortunate to have seven, while you think he should have 9 or 10 rings

Correct?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: October 05, 2021, 06:36:06 PM »

I do not think there is any other QB living or dead, who could have engineered a comeback like Brady did down 28-3 to the Falcons

Tom ran successful drives, with great offensive talent.

His defense kept getting him the ball back, as Falcons (see Hamilton's coaching point) stopped allowing Matt Ryan to throw.

Amend - checked play log which confirmed the Pats defensive excellence - defense got key sacks and forced a big turnover -  there was also a key holding call that really changed the game on ATL late drive

Still puzzling how Falcons have the ball up 8 at the NE 22 with 3:44 left and let it get to overtime
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:21:10 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: October 05, 2021, 07:00:44 PM »

Don't be too upset Hammy you finished a close second to kid.

My NFL days go back to the late 50s.

And I'm familiar with the work of Roger going back to his Navy days and as dad was a Navy man I became a big fan of his in college and when he shipped out to Dallas.

But the thing is, Roger could run a 2 minute drill, but Tom had to run about a 25 minute drill from the middle of the 3rd qtr and into OT against the Falcons. It was a comeback so improbable as to be almost unthinkable

The deficit was so big and so daunting he had to be perfect, and he was, on the NFL's biggest stage against the best team  in the NFC.

That he capitalized on mistakes is a strength not a weakness.

Its called being opportunistic.

And fwiw throwing out names means nothing to me.

Make an argument and back it up with facts you inarticulate dolt.

Polish rifle?

The one with the instructions that reads, "point this end out"?

or the Iggles QB?

LMAO

Sp, you basically have no counterargument to the FACT that Brady plays in an era which is soft on the QB, favors the offense completely, and rewards mediocrity.

Got it.

Nice attempt to insult other posters, your default mechanism when you realize you've overstated a case and have been shown to be wrong, though.

The problem with that, though, is that one would have to give a shit about what you think of one.

And most here really don't. Except for josh, who worries what everyone thinks of him, and the sensitive larry, who sees insults in every post that runs counter to his.

Your memory may go back the 1950's, but your ability to reason is stuck in your ten-year old mind, Howdy-Doody.

As for more facts, there are greater comebacks than the Brady-Atlanta comeback, in more difficult to play QB eras, with stakes that could be argued as being even higher than what your boy faced against Atlanta--Ask Frank Reich, down 32 points in the play-offs, wins. Reich also has the biggest comeback in college football, too, so he's another guy who could have done what Brady and his teammates did. And, he was a back-up QB, too.

Surely, your steel-trap like memory recalls Dec. 15, 1974 at Miami, when Earl Morrall led the Miami Dolphins in a 26 point comeback over the Patriots. Of course, Morall was just another back-up QB, and the Pats were trying to have a winning season, at the time---not to be, though. Thanks, Earl!

If you want someone from this era, consider asking Andrew Luck, when he gets up.

Of course those comebacks were at home, and not on the road.

One of the best comebacks of all time came from Roger the Dodger, on the road in SF, a very difficult place to play, and in the divisional play-offs. December 1972.

Here, you can watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQa1MIOYAk

Additionally, what I said holds true. Brady is a product of his era. Because the game has changed so much he's never had to face this (nor has his receivers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWqVij6tLz8

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeJFEf7JfUA

if you have time, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugsih3dhIpQ

And he certainly never had to face this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hTM_HA0EAw

Do have a nice day.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: October 05, 2021, 07:07:32 PM »

I do not think there is any other QB living or dead, who could have engineered a comeback like Brady did down 28-3 to the Falcons

Tom ran successful drives, with great offensive talent.

His defense kept getting him the ball back, as Falcons (see Hamilton's coaching point) stopped allowing Matt Ryan to throw.

Brady's "great" offensive talent in that game were Jules, James White, Danny Amendola, LaGarrett Blount, Chris Hogan. Gronk was on the DL.  Brady, as we've discussed before made average players better. Jules was the only great skill player and as most knowhe was a 7th round QB turned into a slot receiver.

And the D did play well, but you're wrong, if Atlanta had been more conservative and run the ball rather than throw they might have killed time limiting Brady's ability make up the huge deficit. 

Kid-You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: October 05, 2021, 07:17:56 PM »

Sp, you basically have no counterargument to the FACT that Brady plays in an era which is soft on the QB, favors the offense completely, and rewards mediocrity.

As we discussed yesterday, like every other player in every other sport, he played in the era under the rules and conditions, every other player in that era did. What was different was in the NFL no player has demonstrated his excellence and achievements for as long as he has.

And you have no counterarguments to his skills and abilities to adapt and compete against faster, bigger, more specialized, better coached defensive players who are far superior athletes using far more complex defensive schemes than employed in the past.

And his era was so soft he lost a year to a low hit that blew out his knee.

And Hammy this has nothing to do with you being a terrible piece of shit human being, this is about you knowing nothing about the topic. And you were called on on that.

Now be careful with that Polish Rifle, you might shoot your eye out.

And I'm glad you had fun Googling "great NFL comebacks"

LMAO
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:23:22 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 05, 2021, 07:24:13 PM »

Brady's "great" offensive talent in that game were Jules, James White, Danny Amendola, LaGarrett Blount, Chris Hogan. Gronk was on the DL.  Brady, as we've discussed before made average players better. Jules was the only great skill player and as most knowhe was a 7th round QB turned into a slot receiver.

Yes

Edelman Amendola and Hogan

Blount and White

Blount had a key early turnover.  Pats had a few three and outs and Tom had a pick.

The comeback was solid, no doubt.  Not superhuman at all.  Falcs just needed 1 or 2 key conversions - or to not hold - and it was pretty much over.  Pats D came through

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 05, 2021, 08:34:08 PM »

I stand by Rodgers over Brady.

Nobody doubted that for a minute.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 05, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »

Which of Brady's title teams would Rodgers have lost with?

LMAO

Tough question as Rodgers would have been sitting on the bench watching the GOAT play.

kid you are an idiot.

Rodgers couldn't get his team to more than 1 SB, Brady got his to 10.

TFF

The answer is QUITE LIKELY ZERO

Such emphasis on so little factual basis.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 05, 2021, 08:43:58 PM »

As we discussed yesterday, like every other player in every other sport, he played in the era under the rules and conditions, every other player in that era did. What was different was in the NFL no player has demonstrated his excellence and achievements for as long as he has.

And you have no counterarguments to his skills and abilities to adapt and compete against faster, bigger, more specialized, better coached defensive players who are far superior athletes using far more complex defensive schemes than employed in the past.

And his era was so soft he lost a year to a low hit that blew out his knee.

And Hammy this has nothing to do with you being a terrible piece of shit human being, this is about you knowing nothing about the topic. And you were called on on that.

Now be careful with that Polish Rifle, you might shoot your eye out.

And I'm glad you had fun Googling "great NFL comebacks"

LMAO

You remain inured to reality.

You've lost another one.

Ciao.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 06, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: October 06, 2021, 05:30:21 PM »

Pats down 2 more O-lineman due to covid.

BB talking to Cashman to see if they can swing a deal for Judge and Stanton.

And CB Gilmore, former DPOY, traded to Carolina for bupkis, a '23 6th round pick.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 07, 2021, 11:23:09 AM »

Week 5

Thursday, Oct. 7, 8:20 PM Rams -2 Seattle 54.5    Seahawks, 31-28

Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Atlanta -3 Jets 46
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM TB -10 Dolphins 48
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Carolina -3.5 Eagles 45
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Saints -2 Wash 44.5
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Titans -4 Jax 48.5
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM MN -7.5 Lions 49
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Pitt -1 Broncos 40.5
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Packers -3 Cincy 49.5
Sunday, Oct. 10, 1:00 PM Pats -9 Houston 40

Sunday, Oct. 10, 4:05 PM LV -5.5 Bears 45.5
Sunday, Oct. 10, 4:05 PM LAC -1.5 Browns 47
Sunday, Oct. 10, 4:25 PM Dallas -7 Giants 52
Sunday, Oct. 10, 4:25 PM AZ -5.5 49ers 50

Sunday, Oct. 10, 8:20 PM KC -2.5 Bills 56.5
Monday, Oct. 11, 8:15 PM Balt -7 Colts 46

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 07, 2021, 12:09:09 PM »

I was surprised that the Cardinals were able to limit the Rams offense last week. I think they rebound tonight.AR
I think the Jets have won their quota for the year. Falcones.
Surprisee how bad the Fins have been. Tampa.
Carolina wins despite another garbage time TD from Hurst that puts me over the top in fantasy for the third week running.
New.Orleans has been either really good or really bad. Bad this week. Football Team.
Lighten up on Meyer. If you were screwing the pooch at your job that bad you'd get inappropriately drunk too. Tenn.
Lions Play Hard in Losing Effort. Repeat headline weekly through December. Vikings.
Well, Denver's QB may be their backup but at least he doesn't have a fork stuck in him. Denver.
Burrows is playing well but he is no Rodgers. Green.
The Texicans suck. Pats.
I guess the Bears defense can keep them in any game, but Fields just isn't ready. Vegas.
16 - 1 Baybee! Browns.
Dallas is.playing well, and.the Giants are gianting. Cowboys.
Niners. I still think AZ is not sustainable.
🐃 's defense contains Mahone.
Colts. Because fuck all, that's why.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 07, 2021, 05:06:25 PM »

My pool (yahoo) has the Rams -1. Going with LAR tonight.

Head still  (barely) above water. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 07, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »

https://sports.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-is-finally-being-held-to-account-by-his-team-and-his-sport-and-hes-flailing-in-response-200034230.html

What he said.

Only an idiot would defend this clown.

Oh, wait, an idiot already did!

Lighten up on Meyer. If you were screwing the pooch at your job that bad you'd get inappropriately drunk too

Heh
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 329