Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166500 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4230 on: November 24, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »

https://archive.ph/AxIrM WSJ article (of all places)

"The Packers star quarterback is dealing with a painful toe injury that stems from the body
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: November 24, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »

I didn't see a lot of Danny Duke in college, so had no real opinion, but the knock on the Giants was he was a big over reach at #6 in the draft. They could have traded down, and likely still have him available, and picked up another 1 or 2.

IMO a couple of years in, and he's JAG pro QB, with a tendency to lose the football.

But the real blown pick was Saquon. They could have cashed the #2 pick for a basket of picks to build a team, to one of the 3-4 teams who were looking for their franchise QB. $QBs went in the first 10 picks. Giants could have played those teams off against one another.

the Giant's drafting Saquon was likened then to a blue-collar middle-class family leasing a Bentley.

#2 pick for a RB, even a really good one was a waste of an asset, for a team with no QB, and so many holes to address.
Well, it could have been worse. They could have decided to use that pick themselves and stolen Darnold from the Jets.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: November 24, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »

I didn't see a lot of Danny Duke in college, so had no real opinion, but the knock on the Giants was he was a big over reach at #6 in the draft. They could have traded down, and likely still have him available, and picked up another 1 or 2.

IMO a couple of years in, and he's JAG pro QB, with a tendency to lose the football.

But the real blown pick was Saquon. They could have cashed the #2 pick for a basket of picks to build a team, to one of the 3-4 teams who were looking for their franchise QB. $QBs went in the first 10 picks. Giants could have played those teams off against one another.

the Giant's drafting Saquon was likened then to a blue-collar middle-class family leasing a Bentley.

#2 pick for a RB, even a really good one was a waste of an asset, for a team with no QB, and so many holes to address.

Poppycock

All of it
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: November 24, 2021, 02:05:34 PM »

Just one more year for Saquon

Think Giants could/should deal him?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 24, 2021, 02:57:11 PM »

Poppycock

All of it

LMAO.

I was dead on.

Are the G-men any closer to being a competitive team today that they were when they had choice draft picks to rebuild with?

They fucking wasted the 2nd pick in the draft on a running back when they didn't have an O-line or QB?

It was GM malpractice.

But you didn't understand it.

TFF

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 24, 2021, 05:02:28 PM »

Keep dummin, dummie

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 24, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 24, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »

Bank hasn't made his point - and its been years. 

Juvenile or otherwise - just fact.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 24, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »

Looking to get to 5-7

If not, pick 5 or higher looking good along with Bears pick (currently 6)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 24, 2021, 06:41:10 PM »

Keep dummin, dummie

Kid my observations about Saquon and the Giants drafting him @2 were both long standing and have been adopted by most observers of the game.

My point's been made for years, the G-men got little value by drafting a RB with the 2nd pick, when they had so many other far more pressing needs.

That you don't understand it, is not my concern.

Your confusion that fantasy values and building a real football team to compete in the NFL are the same thing, is pretty fucking funny.

And your response of "poppycock" to my restatements of the argument was the only infantile post in the discussion.

Are you stupid or something?

And that's rhetorical, no need to answer, you fucking dolt.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 06:44:24 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 24, 2021, 06:54:13 PM »

Kid my observations about Saquon and the Giants drafting him @2 were both long standing and have been adopted by most observers of the game.

Lol

Sure agree with the longstanding part

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 24, 2021, 07:05:20 PM »

Lol

Sure agree with the longstanding part

So you still think it wise, the Giants with 

-a weak O-line that needed rebuilding,
-a QB about to retire,
-and other personnel issues,

use the 2nd pick in draft, and a draft where several teams were looking for franchise QBs and would likely bid up to get to #2, to draft a highly regarded running back?

Why after several more years of having a poor football team and showing little signs of improving, would you seemingly reaffirm a poor decision to so severely over value a running back?

This isn't fantasy football.

LMAO

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 24, 2021, 07:26:02 PM »

Next case.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 329