Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166474 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4530 on: January 23, 2022, 10:11:27 PM »

Will say it again

HATE THE OT RULE

Give me a reason they do not change it

First time it worked in my favor.

Unbelievable 2 days o football.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 23, 2022, 10:15:16 PM »

and then a stranger game.

that was a dilly of a day of football.

the NFL knows how to cram a lot of football into the closing minutes.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 23, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »

Will say it again

HATE THE OT RULE

OT rules should be that visiting team gets a chance to score a TD first, then home team gets the ball to do the same.

This was a great game settled by a coin toss.

Weak.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 24, 2022, 09:18:26 AM »

Show of hands who thinks the Titan interception call was right or wrong?
Terrible call by the video review. But whoever was calling the Bengals offensive player should be looking for a new job

The Bengals left tackle that was gettin his ass handed to him all game didn't help. Don't know if he was a backup or what.
They ignored the gaping issue with their O line in last years draft and to a wide receiver instead. Bloody fools.

Dripping with Sarcasm. LOL

Which is why I've included Stingley in my thoughts. Chase was special, as is I have repeatedly said that I feel Stingley is too.

PS: Carmen was a good 2nd round pick for the Bengals. If the Giants do take Stingley, I would hope they go OT for their 2nd pick. Although I could also be very happy with Linderbaum for that pick.

My point was to address the OL early and often and not wait until round 4 to start thinking, "hey you know, our offensive line sucks". Maybe we should do somthing about it. Linderbaum is also IMO another one of those special guys for his position.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:20:41 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 24, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »

Will say it again

HATE THE OT RULE

OT rules should be that visiting team gets a chance to score a TD first, then home team gets the ball to do the same.

Weak.

I, and I think most fans, would be satisfied if both offenses simply have one offensive series guaranteed.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: January 24, 2022, 05:06:21 PM »

Will say it again

HATE THE OT RULE

Weak.

I, and I think most fans, would be satisfied if both offenses simply have one offensive series guaranteed.

Agree. No need for a coin toss. The home team can choose to take the ball first or second. Each team gets their chance to score.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 24, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »

I think that is fair. The coin toss could though be a strategic bonus. One thing that many don't think of in the scenario that is being discussed. But the coach in me sees the advantage of deferring and getting the ball second. Sure getting the ball second let's you know what you're up against, FG or TD.

But more importantly if you need any kind of score at all it gives you the advantage of playing 4 down ball. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 25, 2022, 10:07:58 AM »

I think that is fair. The coin toss could though be a strategic bonus. One thing that many don't think of in the scenario that is being discussed. But the coach in me sees the advantage of deferring and getting the ball second. Sure getting the ball second let's you know what you're up against, FG or TD.

But more importantly if you need any kind of score at all it gives you the advantage of playing 4 down ball.

If you know going into the game who gets choice of starting with the ball in OT, you can strategize appropriately. I think that helps both teams and it creates fairer competition.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 26, 2022, 02:53:00 PM »

If I knew I was going to get a chance to score no matter what I'd want the ball second every time. I think every coach in America would too.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 26, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »

If I knew I was going to get a chance to score no matter what I'd want the ball second every time. I think every coach in America would too.

Don't you think it makes a difference if you're the home or road team, especially in a playoff game?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: January 26, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »

Don't you think it makes a difference if you're the home or road team, especially in a playoff game?
Well, there may be reasons the overcome the main one (weather conditions,.etc) but if everyone gets the ball at least once, you want it second to know what you need, a field goal or touchdown. If you go first you do not know if a field goal is enough to at least tie. Going second, you do. That is why teams that win the toss in college always choose to go second. Regardless of home or away.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 26, 2022, 04:05:19 PM »

Well, there may be reasons the overcome the main one (weather conditions,.etc) but if everyone gets the ball at least once, you want it second to know what you need, a field goal or touchdown. If you go first you do not know if a field goal is enough to at least tie. Going second, you do. That is why teams that win the toss in college always choose to go second. Regardless of home or away.

I see your point.

But the pros play a much more refined and skilled game.

Some teams will take 3 and rely on their F. Others may want the TD and keep their fingers crossed on the D.

The former may want the ball first, the latter taking it second.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: January 26, 2022, 04:09:53 PM »

I think that we all agree that both teams should get at least one offensive possession (unless the defense scores on the first offensive possession of the OT).

Is there anything else we have ever all agreed upon?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: January 26, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »

So maybe the OT extra quarter is just played out to the full time? Then each team may get multiple chances to take the ball.

It worked in the past.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 26, 2022, 06:03:23 PM »

So maybe the OT extra quarter is just played out to the full time? Then each team may get multiple chances to take the ball.

It worked in the past.
That would be my choice. And then one more quarter with kick off if still tied. Until one team is ahead or everyone gets Winslowed of the field by his teammates.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 329