Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166445 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4575 on: January 31, 2022, 11:11:34 AM »

Taking little from the CinnCats or Rams and their deserving comebacks, I think there was a big slug of "blown" in both the wins.

Mahomes looked lost in the 2nd half, desperate to find someone open (kudos D adjustment) .   I would have loved to see him lose that fumble and the game on the penultimate 4Q play/pathetic scramble and strip sack.

I had KC covering (34-21) but in 4Q I was hoping for the upset. I couldn't handicap Cincy all year, yesterday was no different.

Jimmy G. was just terrible, gotta beleive its time for the 49ers to move on. Rodgers? Russell?
Maybe they could draft someone last year...
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: January 31, 2022, 11:20:06 AM »

Taking little from the CinnCats or Rams and their deserving comebacks, I think there was a big slug of "blown" in both the wins.

Mahomes looked lost in the 2nd half, desperate to find someone open (kudos D adjustment) .   I would have loved to see him lose that fumble and the game on the penultimate 4Q play/pathetic scramble and strip sack.

I had KC covering (34-21) but in 4Q I was hoping for the upset. I couldn't handicap Cincy all year, yesterday was no different.

Jimmy G. was just terrible, gotta beleive its time for the 49ers to move on. Rodgers? Russell?
Maybe they could draft someone last year...

Having gotten so close to the SB, the 49ers may decide for a more potent offensive weapon than an untested lance. And many find Rodgers very offensive.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: January 31, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »

LOL
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: January 31, 2022, 11:40:32 AM »

A concise rebuttal.

Which says nothing to the point.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: January 31, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »

I think Reid blew it, as I (and many others) noted, when he didn't manage to get at least 3 at the half.

Cinci made strong adjustments on both sides of the ball and it paid off, but how much more they could have done, looking down the barrel at 21 points instead of 18, is unclear given the final result.

Not sure I think the Niners blew it more than its just being a back and forth kind of game. This is not to disagree about individual performances, but to suggest that those happen in the ebb and flow of most games.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: January 31, 2022, 01:07:08 PM »

I think Reid blew it, as I (and many others) noted, when he didn't manage to get at least 3 at the half.

Cinci made strong adjustments on both sides of the ball and it paid off, but how much more they could have done, looking down the barrel at 21 points instead of 18, is unclear given the final result.

Not sure I think the Niners blew it more than its just being a back and forth kind of game. This is not to disagree about individual performances, but to suggest that those happen in the ebb and flow of most games.
Well, yes. But Mahomes threw the ball to someone with a poor shot to score. That is on him. He also took two sacks when they were inside the 5 at the end of the game.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: January 31, 2022, 02:15:54 PM »

I'm not sure I would characterize a game where one team up 17-7 late in the 3rd qtr, and gives up the last 13 points to lose 20-17, as back and forth.

YMMV

I thought the 49ers offense game plan to the extent there was one, was uninspired and JG's performance terrible.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: January 31, 2022, 04:15:34 PM »

Cant wait to hear Stephen A's take on Eric Bieniemy today.  (Smith has been hypercritical of teams not moving to hire Bieniemy, lately as the GB offensive coordinator was hired by Denver)

More like hysterical. LOL
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: January 31, 2022, 11:18:10 PM »

Wouldnt have been 21.  Cincy already had ten when Chiefs decided not to take the 3.

But still - a  wow move by Reid

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: February 01, 2022, 10:14:56 AM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: February 01, 2022, 11:01:35 AM »

Thank God Brady spared us the Long Goodbye.
GOAT would  have been reduced to goat.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: February 01, 2022, 11:41:18 AM »

Tampa - trade for Carr or sign Mariotta?

Drafting a QB a near certainty.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: February 01, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »

Tampa - trade for Carr or sign Mariotta?

Drafting a QB a near certainty.
Why would LV trade in their Carr? They were a playoff team, who do they replace him with?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: February 01, 2022, 01:05:07 PM »

Who ya got in Tampa?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: February 01, 2022, 01:12:46 PM »

Who ya got in Tampa?
Not sure, because I am not sure who will be on the market.  A lot depends on coaching hires,  how much does the new coach like, oh, Kirk Cousins or whoever.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 329