Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 254530 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2535 on: September 17, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »

Well I see you didn't add mine up Kid ma brutha.

But in case you wanted to know 16-5.

That's fine work, sir.

Actually I see I must have missed a game as you have 22 games listed. So it's either 17-5 or 16-6. But why quibble.

It was 23. but you picked Wash State Friday both to cover and to not cover vs Hou.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: September 17, 2019, 07:28:21 PM »

That's fine work, sir.

Actually I see I must have missed a game as you have 22 games listed. So it's either 17-5 or 16-6. But why quibble.

It was 23. but you picked Wash State Friday both to cover and to not cover vs Hou.

Actually it was 22. I was just taking Wash St to win and trying unsuccessfully to make a stupid joke at the same time.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »

That's fine work, sir.

Actually it was 22. I was just taking Wash St to win and trying unsuccessfully to make a stupid joke at the same time.

whatev

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: September 17, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »

That's fine work, sir.

whatev

As I said. Not really that important. Sorry I mentioned it dude.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: September 18, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »

Eventual 2019-2020 National Champion Michigan State 24, Northwestern 6

Yes, our offense only managed 7 points, but we moved the ball.  Now to put the biscuit in the basket! Eventual 2019 Heisman Trophy Winner Brian Lewerke looks to have recovered from his injuries of last year and has picked up where he left off in 2017.  For better and worse.  I doubt Matt Coghlin goes 0-3 on field goals again.  Defensively, we can clog up anyone’s run game, and I don’t see much in the air from NU.  Defensive game, but I think we can get three or four scores on the Cats.

University of California* 27, Utah 21

If I am right, by the way, that will effectively drop the PAWCP Conference from the playoffs again.  I suppose that technically Wazzou can run the table, but I doubt it.  Anyway, a regrouping by the Scottsdale flash, as Clay Helton trembles on the cusp of Most Fired again.  Can he last until the new AD is hired?  The Urban Meyer watch is on.

*Southern

Oregon 31, Stanford 14

I guess if the PAWCP has a playoff chance, it rests with Oregon running the table.  Their one loss is opening night against a solid team, and the committee is pretty lenient with the early season loss – provided that is the only loss.  I am not sure what has happened to Stanford, but they are looking like a shell of the team they have been under Shaw.

Old Missississippi 24, University of California* 17

Cal has not shown much offense this year, but then Missississippi lost to Memphis.  I think Cal is 3 – 0 on the verge of 5 – 7.  Missississippi is nothing to boast of, but they are at home.

Wisconsin 27, Meatchicken 15

It is really hard to judge either of these teams based upon what I have seen so far.  Wisky has smoked two pretty bad teams – they appear to be going back to the eat three cupcakes OOC mode that they had recently shaken off – but Meatchicken has looked lethargic offensively in its two wins.  Wisky at home,  and I think Jonathan Taylor Thomas will show some home improvement, pounding the ball on Meatchicken’s rebuilt defense.

THE 52, Miami of Ohio 7

The only reason for the 7 is my impression that THE’s defense takes its foot off the peddle now and then.  I see nothing about Miami to think this will be close after, oh, the ten minute mark.  I think OSU looks like they could be a playoff team, especially given the questions I have about PSU and Methchicken – I made a typo (Meathchicken), and am now officially changing my disparaging term for them.

Georgia 35, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 17

Those of you – cap, his alter ego – wanting to see the Big Whatever not make the playoffs should root for OLofPT.  I think the only way a one loss Big Whatever champion loses out on the playoffs is last year’s way – an unbeaten OLofPT.  I just don’t see it for them. Georgia’s running game is too Swift for OLotPT, and Georgia’s defense will keep them in check. Book it. Georgia and Alabama should both be unbeaten come December.

ClemSIN 105, Charlotte 0

Seriously?  Why?  I really think we need a mercy rule.  Which in this case should be called maybe two minutes after kick off.

Florida 32, Tennessee 21

Florida at 9 strikes me as a result that can only come from not watching them play.  The first of their three losses won’t come until they play Auburn in October, though.  Tennessee’s season reminds me of the Generalissimo Franco death watch.  Just a matter of time.

Auburn 24, Texas A&M 21

Three of Auburn’s last five games are LSU, Georgia and Alabama, which is a tough stretch even with Sister Clara’s Little Sisters of the Poor on God’s Conference’s annual late season cupcake weekend.  I look for Derrick Brown to be buried in the Mond all day.  I’ll side with Auburn’s defense.

Oklahoma State 45, Texas 41

Because Oklahoma State has a running back named Chuba, and no other reason.

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: September 18, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »

Cap,  here's something really funny about alter egos....over on the Trump thread, guess who could easily be my alter ego, his posts express my views to a T, even down to our admiration for a certain movie star, Emma! !

Well, you know the old saying: politics make strange fed bellows.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: September 18, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »

As much as it pains me to say it OSU has one of my top 10 defenses in the nation. And I'm starting to get this itchy feeling up my spine and into the back of my brain that it is even better than I want to admit.

I'm sure Stevo has a good idea of how much I want to be wrong. Sadly I'm seldom wrong about defenses.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:26:17 PM by CaptainCargo »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »

Friday 9/19

Air Force  +8.5  at  Boise State

USC  +4  vs  Utah

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: September 19, 2019, 10:59:21 AM »

I've been thinking about changing my name to Captain Magnanimous.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: September 19, 2019, 12:39:31 PM »

Some teasing, sure. But other than the reprehensible ham, who rubbed your nose in Sandusky? 

There is something about the last five words that seems inappropriate....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: September 19, 2019, 12:59:11 PM »

Top 25 Saturday 9/20

Alabama  -38  vs  Souther Miss

Vanderbilt +22  vs  LSU

Florida  -14  vs  Tennessee

Michigan  +3  vs  Wisconsin

Mississippi  +1.5  vs  Cal

Miami (OH)  +38  at  Ohio State

Auburn  +4  at Texas A and M

Central Florida  -10  at  Pitt

BYU  +6.5  vs  Washington

TCU  -9.5  vs  SMU

Oregon  -8.5  at  Stanford

Virginia  -30  vs  Old Dominion

Clemson  -41  vs  Charlotte

Oklahoma State  +7  at  Texas

Notre Dame  +12  at  Georgia

Colorado  +7  at  Arizona State

Washington State  -17  vs  UCLA

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: September 19, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »

Some teasing, sure. But other than the reprehensible ham, who rubbed your nose in Sandusky? 

Why are you asking me?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: September 19, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »

Why are you asking me?
I assumed your alter ego speaks for you, in much the same way Miss Piggy speaks for Frank Oz.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: September 19, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »

I can’t remember if I hate anyone or not...

:)
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: September 19, 2019, 05:04:18 PM »

Making my Big House debut next weekend, Whiskey.

So how much time did you get sent up for.

LOW Highlights nominee
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 329