Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250205 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3105 on: November 25, 2019, 12:38:26 PM »

Eventual 2020 National Champion Michigan State 27, Maryland 14

Going to be a great recruiting tool for Dantonio: come here, work hard and you can get a trip to a bowl game and spend your winter holiday in Detroit.  The extra weeks of practice will come in handy.  I am not discounting the possibility of a Maryland win.  Maybe missing a bowl game will give Dant the impetus he needs to consider modernizing his offense. 

THE 35, Methchicken 17

Methchicken has shown a strong defense all year, and their offense has started to produce the last few weeks.  I do not think they can keep THE’s defensive front in check long enough for sustained success.  THE is the class of the league.  That was a pretty good PSU team.  THE’s turnovers cost THE 7 and gave PSU 10 – and they still won by 11.  Assuming Fields is healthy – he appeared to have some issues with his non-throwing hand, which might have played a role in the two fumbles – and THE got their fumbles out of the way last week, I think they can handle The Game.

Minnesota 24, Wisconsin 21

Well, why not.  Minnesota has a pretty good passing game, with a strong set of receivers. I think Wisky is too one dimensional offensively.  And, sometimes I like to root for a good story.  Row the boat!  Fleck is a good choice for the post-Helton era.

Virginia Tech 31, Virginia 28

Someone’s getting dick stomped by ClemSIN in the Championship game, right?  Might as well be the Hokies.  Virginia has not beaten Tech since 2003.

Memphis 31, Cinci 28

For as long as I lived in Ohio, I still cannot spell Cincinnati without autocorrect.  Cinci – which I can spell – has been trying to lose each of the last couple of weeks, without success.  Both teams are imagining that Gang of 5 slot in the Cotton Bowl.  A Memphis win, if I am not mistaken, means the two teams get to do it all over again in a week.

Alabama 24, Auburn 13

Auburn has a tough defense.  They also have a lousy Quarterback.  Every time I watch the punditry on the Worldwide Leader, they keep talking about Alabama getting in the playoffs if they can beat Auburn.  I still say that while it is possible within their rules, until the Committee puts a one loss non-champ in the playoffs over a one loss champ, I don’t believe they will do it.  At least not one with Alabama’s strength of schedule – LSU losing to Georgia might do it.  Alabama needs two two loss conference champions – which is possible.  Wisky and (more likely) Oregon can win their conferences, and a two loss Pure Prairie League champ may also be in the cards.

ClemSIN 52, South Carolina 10

Yeah… I still think ClemSIN hoists the… well whatever the hell that trophy is.  South Carolina had its moment of glory when they torpedoed Georgia.

Georgia 21, Georgia Tech 3

Georgia has won a lot of games against some good teams without every really looking impressive.  Georgia Tech has not had an impressive win since the Obama administration.  Fromm is looking like he was the third best guy in the quarterback room last year.  There is just something not working with that offense.  Still enough of it since the Georgia defense is pretty strong.

the Louisiana State 47, Texas A&M 24

Jimbo Baggins.  Good one.  TAMU has gotten way more respect than they deserve this year.  Yes, they are about to have lost to five really good teams this year, but look at the teams they have beaten.  Who is the best?  Old Mississippi?  To be a good team you have to beat at least one good team.  To the extent he has not already wrapped it up, ex-THE Burrow just needs to not spit the bit in the home stretch to win the Heisman.

the Pennsylvania State University 42, Rutgers – 3

Nothing to help you lick your wounds like playing Rutgers.  And the PSU took a beating Saturday that is not entirely reflected in the score.  On the other hand, Rutgers got smoked by us.  Got smoked by US.  Team is so bad even Schiano wants nothing to do with the coaching gig.

Oregon 35, Oregon State 17

Herbert was Herbert Saturday.  I think he is this generation’s Jeff George.  Looks exactly like you think a Quarterback should look.  Is not a Quarterback.  Some NFL team is going to take him high in April and set the progress of their team back three years.

Utah 31, Colorado 10

I just want to point out I had Utah in my pre-season top 11.  They have been a sneaky good team all year.

Oklahoma 35, the Oklahoma State 24

It has been about a month since Oklahoma has looked like one of the best teams in the country.  They could have – indeed, should have - lost any of their last three games.  Okie State has been on a hot streak, but I expect Riley to get OU right in time for the post season. A loss by Okie here still keeps them in the Pure Prairie League championship game and sets the stage for an Alabama playoff slot.

Baylor 24, Kansas 21

Don’t sleep on Kansas.  The Mad Hatter has them sucking slightly less ass this year than in previous years, and I don’t Ruhle out them winning.  See what I did there?

the Boise State 35, the Colorado State 14

Primed to take advantage of the possibility of Cinci and Memphis trading wins in the AAC?  Boise.

Florida 31, the Florida State 10

Two loss Florida is still hanging around the Top 10.  The Florida State is recovering from a bad hire.  ClemSIN really needs someone in the South Atlantic League to resurrect their program, FSU or Miami and neither team looks all that close to them doing it.

Mary Hardin, Mary Hardin Baylor 52, Huntingdon 3

Look, they can’t even spell “Huntington” right.  What kind of crappy college is that?  MHB is looking at colliding yet again with the Mount, with the winner hoisting the golden beater Subaru or what ever the trophy is.

Mount Union 42, North Central 17

One of these teams is clearly confused vis a vis their directions.  True interesting fact: the D III playoffs also include teams from Union and Central colleges.  No sign of any teams from either North or Mount college.

Muehlenberg 31, SUNY Brockport 14

Muehlenberg shut down the really really smart kids at MIT.  Not sure what else to say.

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: November 25, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

I am not discounting the possibility of a Maryland win.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: November 25, 2019, 07:52:36 PM »

Memphis 31, Cinci 28

Both teams are imagining that Gang of 5 slot in the Cotton Bowl.  A Memphis win, if I am not mistaken, means the two teams get to do it all over again in a week.

Yes.  And if this week’s loser wins the rematch the Gang of 5 Cotton Bowl berth will be up for debate.

If the AAC finishes with a two-loss champion Boise State will be the most likely benefactor. The 10-1 Broncos finish with  Colorado State and then host 8-4 Hawaii in the Mountain West conference title game.
But.
What about one loss Appalachian State?
It’s No. 24 in the  CFP rankings with two Power 5 road wins (North Carolina, South Carolina) and will face what could be a 10-2 Louisiana Lafayette in the Sun Belt championship game.
This could be the Committee’s toughest decision.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:58:03 PM by Espnthree »

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 25, 2019, 10:38:59 PM »

Oh, Jimbo Baggins was good.

I am 13/14th of a Big Whatever fan. The THE is circumstantial - they have been the Conference's top team for a long time, and the flash point for haters and stupid, stupid men. And I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of your personal code. Who or what is CHUD?

I used to call him Sub-Urban Meyer.

So, Cannibalistic Human Underground Dweller, movie title “C.H.U.D,” is a low budget film from like 1980.
The movie part of the reference I got. I recall seeing an ad and my nascent interest in what appeared to be an enjoyably stupid, stupid movie being quashed by my girlfriend in favor of maybe El Norte or something.

Meyer is a great coach, but not a great Russet. He will soon be Trojan's issue.

Yeah I went for sub-urban to chide and added the “-cycontin” part just based on assumptions about tOhioans...

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 26, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »

Entertaining game. I imagine Trojan throwing things at the screen every time Brian Griese says USC should keep Helton.

I am not one of the fans screaming for Helton to be removed.  Though I can certainly understand if they make that decision.   I would hope they feel they have a strong line on a really proven coach before they would pull the trigger on that at least.

I think if they replaced Clancy Pendergast and John Baxter this year, they would be in the 10-2 range with Helton and Harrell remaining in place.  I really used to like both those guys, but the past two years seem to indicate the game has passed them by.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 26, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

Yale won 53-40 in overtime

I don't recall seeing an OT score like that before.   Did they return a turnover for a TD? 
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »

Really? There was not a moment of the game I wasn't thinking something like, THE may give this game away, but PSU cannot take it for themselves.

Maybe he means it in the same sense that I use to determine classic football games...   2005 Orange Bowl was a classic game!   2006 Rose Bowl was not. 

Other people seem very confused by those facts.  Not sure why.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 26, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »

I don't recall seeing an OT score like that before.   Did they return a turnover for a TD?
[/quote
50-43
I blame global warming for the inflated score.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 26, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »

53-40 is almost something to fight over.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 26, 2019, 05:28:49 PM »

If CLEM fans meet the other schools team in the middle that means it’s fucking ON, and I don’t mean to complain about the weather, sheeeeeit

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 27, 2019, 12:42:03 AM »

Wtf?

Looks like the Masons don’t want us to smack tOSU 31-0 again, otherwise abandon all hope of logic ye who enter here.

LOL

Scairt.

Puzzles.

Way to hold off Sandusky State??

No, thanks.

See you when-ever, little bitch.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 27, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »

Wtf?

Looks like the Masons don’t want us to smack tOSU 31-0 again, otherwise abandon all hope of logic ye who enter here.

LOL

Scairt.

Puzzles.

Way to hold off Sandusky State??

No, thanks.

See you when-ever, little bitch.
A more plausible explanation is that THE's win over the Penn State compared to the LSU's win over Fayetteville State helped balance the strength of schedule to the point where the eye test rewarded THE's superior defensive performance enough to elevate them. When both win out, the LSU will likely be #1 again and I will see you in Glendale.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:59:39 AM by Hairy Lime »

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 29, 2019, 02:35:31 AM »

What a pisser!!!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: November 29, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »

More stupid preening.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 329