Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258373 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3945 on: December 13, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »

We were way ahead and all these mysterious "points" started to appear for the PSU! And none of them were for us! I hear boxes of points just were shipped in from a mystery spot! I demand an investigation! The Courts must overturn the result and award the victory to us! Stop the steal!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: December 13, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »

We were way ahead and all these mysterious "points" started to appear for the PSU! And none of them were for us! I hear boxes of points just were shipped in from a mystery spot! I demand an investigation! The Courts must overturn the result and award the victory to us! Stop the steal!
I saw where Rudy Giuliani is taking new business.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: December 14, 2020, 12:15:14 PM »

Pac 12 has scheduled the championship game of USC-UW on Friday at the coliseum, since the county of Santa Clara is still on lock down.  Then they have scheduled CU-UO on Saturday also in the coliseum.

Apparently they want every combination present and ready to play in case someone has to drop out at the last minute due to covid.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 12:16:52 PM by TrojanHorse »
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: December 14, 2020, 07:31:29 PM »

Pac 12 has scheduled the championship game of USC-UW on Friday at the coliseum, since the county of Santa Clara is still on lock down.  Then they have scheduled CU-UO on Saturday also in the coliseum.

Apparently they want every combination present and ready to play in case someone has to drop out at the last minute due to covid.
Prescient 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: December 14, 2020, 08:42:51 PM »

Pretty sure U-Dub is out
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: December 15, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »

The latest COVID mess brewing.
The Rose Bowl is in danger  because of California travel restrictions 
Game could be moved to Texas and the Rose Bowl not be played for the first time in something like 117 years   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: December 15, 2020, 08:41:47 PM »

I have added a new topic, using the former Immigration forum, called Upon Deeper Consideration:

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=180.msg158695#new

That link has a description of both intended content and intended dialog. Please join me there if you would like to have conversations on substance, not personality, concerning bigger issues with more meat to the exchanges of our thoughts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: December 16, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »

Steve I'm looking at the big ten's schedule and results this year.  They basically have Ohio state and a bunch of also rans. They are starting to remind me of what you used to call the pac 12 twenty years ago. You may have to start referring to the big 10 now as the PAMWPs
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: December 17, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »

Congress introduces bill to control college athletics

https://www.si.com/college/2020/12/17/athlete-bill-of-rights-congress-ncaa-football

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2020/12/17/ncaa-overhaul-come-democrats-college-athletes-bill-rights/3935483001/

This is dangerous stuff. A presidential commission that would control the rules of all college athletics? Is the next step to nationalize and control all college academics and curriculum?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: December 17, 2020, 11:05:49 AM »

Steve I'm looking at the big ten's schedule and results this year.  They basically have Ohio state and a bunch of also rans. They are starting to remind me of what you used to call the pac 12 twenty years ago. You may have to start referring to the big 10 now as the PAMWPs
Well, the Big However Many had no OOC games this year and had a lot of cancellations in conference so a team that might be a 9 - 3 team with a 3 - 0 OOC can be 2 -.3. I am drawing no conclusions from this year.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: December 17, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »

spoken like a true politician

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: December 17, 2020, 02:44:59 PM »

spoken like a true politician
Hey - I resent that! When have I ever insulted you like that?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: December 18, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »

Brian Kelly says Norte Dame could boycott CFP semifinals if team families are not allowed to attend 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: December 18, 2020, 12:30:55 PM »

Won't their losing by 100 points tomorrow make that demand moot?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: December 18, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »

Brian Kelly says Norte Dame could boycott CFP semifinals if team families are not allowed to attend
Opting out of the CFP would be a huge recruiting tool for OLotPT. Huge.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 329